Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith ... They are misunderstood.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith ... They are misunderstood.

Undeadcenturion
07.16.2013 , 04:18 AM | #1
Why do I say this/ Because, their entire race was pushed to the brink of extinction due to the overly righteous Jedi Order. I love the Jedi, lets not confuse this. But looking at this time period .. and even up till Luke took over with the New Jedi Order, Jedi were quick to judge and quick to act. They basically did a Nazi Holocaust on the Sith Race. Can you blame them for then joining the Empire? What else were they to do? At that point the SIth had found an ally that had a common enemy. All Sith are not evil. To say they were is asinine and blind to obvious facts pointed out through Canon.

Another point .. to say the "Dark Side," of the force was no match to the "Light Side," is just a righteous holier then thou look at the force. How many Sith destroyed well known and powerful Jedi through out the Star Wars history? A Sith can tap into the lightside just as much as a Jedi can tap into the Dark Side. But that is just me and these are my own opinions. So Troll up and rage if needed.
Rah-El Guardian Vadicus-El Jugg
Yorr-El Sentinel

TalonVII
07.16.2013 , 04:39 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Undeadcenturion View Post
Why do I say this/ Because, their entire race was pushed to the brink of extinction due to the overly righteous Jedi Order. I love the Jedi, lets not confuse this. But looking at this time period .. and even up till Luke took over with the New Jedi Order, Jedi were quick to judge and quick to act. They basically did a Nazi Holocaust on the Sith Race. Can you blame them for then joining the Empire? What else were they to do? At that point the SIth had found an ally that had a common enemy. All Sith are not evil. To say they were is asinine and blind to obvious facts pointed out through Canon.

Another point .. to say the "Dark Side," of the force was no match to the "Light Side," is just a righteous holier then thou look at the force. How many Sith destroyed well known and powerful Jedi through out the Star Wars history? A Sith can tap into the lightside just as much as a Jedi can tap into the Dark Side. But that is just me and these are my own opinions. So Troll up and rage if needed.
Jedi have good intentions, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Though the sith. Though the geneocide was uncalled for, sith have done things like sanctioned the destruction of planets[jedi knight story], have multiple homicidal maniacs running the show, and are always plotting somebody's death.

Much as genocide was stupid for the jedi, when you have a race bent on conquest and destruction, what is the alternative? You can exile them, they just come back.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Undeadcenturion
07.16.2013 , 05:16 AM | #3
When the Jedi first came upon the Sith .. they were to themselves on their own planet. Kind of like the Voss. The Empire, however has always had its mind set on ruling the Galaxy. Sith aligned with the Empire to get redemption against the Jedi after they almost destroyed their entire race. From what I remember.
Yorr-El Sentinel

Kyneris
07.16.2013 , 05:35 AM | #4
Not all Sith are evil, but remember that the Dark Side is evil and that those who are immersed in it do evil things.
"Should we arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon
This is Vireth Danea, my Sith OC.

Undeadcenturion
07.16.2013 , 06:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyneris View Post
Not all Sith are evil, but remember that the Dark Side is evil and that those who are immersed in it do evil things.
I can not nor do I agree with this.
Yorr-El Sentinel

AlexDougherty
07.16.2013 , 06:42 AM | #6
Um, the Sith joined the Empire, I thought the Sith created the Empire.

And while the initial evil might have been commited by the Jedi (ok, definately was commited), the Sith have been committing evils of their own ever since. The fact that they were wronged first does not excuse their own wrongs, and thus becomes largely academic.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

SithKoriandr
07.16.2013 , 07:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Undeadcenturion View Post
I can not nor do I agree with this.
Of course you don't

That said, the Sith species is pretty much evil. Let me repeat this...they're evil! But let's be fair...there's sure to be a kind hearted Sith Pureblood, we call them, Player Characters. Other Sith Purebloods call them, dead.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Sarlegant
07.16.2013 , 09:25 AM | #8
Yes OP, these are just your opinions, based on re-written history it seems.

Dark Jedi were hunted by the Jedi. Dark Jedi found Korriban, inhabited by Sith Purebloods. Centuries of inter-race relations with Dark Jedi diluted the Sith Purebloods, not this re-written historical holocaust nonsense.

Why not just say you enjoy playing the bad-guy, dressed in black, with lightning bolts, and generally better storylines, instead of making up BS to justify your sociapathic needs.

Sith, an name adopted by the Dark Jedi, are not misunderstood. Newsflash! The Sith did not join the Empire.

xxforcardassia
07.16.2013 , 09:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyneris View Post
I do not agree with this either. The Dark Side is a philosophy, same as the Light Side. There tends to be more of a Machiavellian outlook on life (put simply: more "ends justify the means") when it comes to the Dark Side's ideals. Being more extremely detached from others easily leads to a more "evil" seeming approach to life; Sith (and other Dark Side users) simply get the added benefit of generally being the most self-absorbed *****s you've ever met. But if you ask me, the Dark Side itself is nothing more than an idea (same as the Light Side) neither inherently good or evil.

In the context of this game, look at the Voss. It's said numerous times (especially when playing through as a Pub) that they (the Voss) have their history rooted in the Dark Side and that many relics or ideas dance the line with the Dark Side. Are the Voss evil? No. Arrogant and detached, yes, but not evil.

LadyKulvax
07.16.2013 , 10:18 AM | #10
The Sith species was shaped by the Dark Side of the Force and so were the teachings of the Sith, it is Darwinism, the Rule of Two is extremist Darwinism.

The Sith are not misunderstood they make their intentions very clear, the dominance of one over all others.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour