Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Confused about level 50 Aim Mods

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Confused about level 50 Aim Mods

SW_display_name
07.16.2013 , 04:10 AM | #1
I know this topic is a little outdated with ROTHC, but I'm curious about the selection of pre-ROTHC Aim mods for level 50 players.

All of the "original" level 50 Aim mods seem to have the same stats even if they have letters 22, 22A, 22B all give tons of Aim (ew), a little Endurance, and only 8-10 (purple version) of the defensive stat. A, B, or unlettered all seem to be identical.

In the other primaries (Strength, Cunning, Willpower), the 22, 22A, and 22B mods are all different with noticeably rearranged stat spreads between them. Sometimes the 22 and 22B seem identical (like with some Strength tanking mods), but the 22/22B both still have a "nice" stat spread instead of the gross 22A high-dps/low-defensive spread.

I am curious if Cybertechs craft better Aim tanking mods for level 50 if I go looking? Or are all the pre-ROTHC Aim tanking mods weird like this?

Wizard_Thoarin
07.16.2013 , 05:46 AM | #2
If I remember correctly, I don't recall too much of a difference between the 22, 22A, or 22B (maybe a slight increase in 1 or 2 of the stats on each) Mods, Enhancements, Armor, etc. However, there can be a big difference between the various named versions.... such as Commando versus Reflex although I think those are armor and/or barrel examples. Anyway, there are a lot of level 50 Mods with various names that I can't look up at the moment and the name seems to have more to do with how the stats are arranged then the number at the end of the list. If I remember correctly

As an example, but from Artifice not Cybertech, there are 3 different Enhancements with Endurance, Shield, and Defense stats. Those 3 are Immunity, Bastion, and Steadfast. The values of each stat in those 3 Enhancements are very different from each other though. Anyway, Mods at the higher levels work pretty much like Enhancements although I think they have different names.

So, don't focus so much on the 22, 22A, or 22B but on the names in front of Mod 22, Mod 22A, or Mod 22B.
Wizards First Rule: People are Stupid

SW_display_name
07.16.2013 , 07:06 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wizard_Thoarin View Post
If I remember correctly, I don't recall too much of a difference between the 22, 22A, or 22B (maybe a slight increase in 1 or 2 of the stats on each) Mods, Enhancements, Armor, etc.

So, don't focus so much on the 22, 22A, or 22B but on the names in front of Mod 22, Mod 22A, or Mod 22B.
Example from Assassin tanking mods:
  • Reinforced Mod 22: 18 Endurance, 32 Willpower, 24 Defense Rating
  • Reinforced Mod 22A: 24 Endurance, 41 Willpower, 7 Defense Rating
  • Reinforced Mod 22B: 32 Endurance, 24 Willpower, 18 Defense Rating

As you can see, the "A" mods are bad for tanking because they convert defensive stat points into unnecessary extra Willpower (a dps stat). But you can choose from 22 or 22B, based on your preferences for Health vs. Mitigation.

Now compare the Powertech tanking mods:
  • Deflecting Mod 22: 24 Endurance, 41 Aim, 7 Defense Rating
  • Deflecting Mod 22A: 24 Endurance, 41 Aim, 7 Defense Rating
  • Deflecting Mod 22B: 24 Endurance, 41 Aim, 7 Defense Rating

There seems to be no option but the high-dps, low-defensive version. Is this bugged? Or can better Aim tanking mods actually be crafted at 50? This seems to be fixed in "ROTHC-required" mods, but I'm trying to figure out if there are "vanilla" Aim mods that are actually good for tanking.

You're correct about how Enhancements work, though. For those, it's entirely the name that determines what stats it provides, and they don't come in letter grades.