Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscription / Cartel Coin error

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Subscription / Cartel Coin error

Phoeri
07.18.2013 , 03:58 AM | #11
The same problem - General Error - An error has occured while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. I tried paypal, credit card, 4 days ago was all OK.

WiCa
07.18.2013 , 04:33 AM | #12
Yup... it all started when my recurring subscription fell through... and I couldn't subscribe anymore... so I had to buy a gametimecard online to even be able to post... after that problem it seems like my creditcard doesnt work with bioware/EA... i think its an authentication thing between BW/EA and the bank.
Im not the only one... atleast 2 other players that I know have the same problem... its an issue they really need to fix....
I got my game running due to the gametimecard but I can't give EA/BW my money in return for Cartel Coins...

I've seen the reactions and BW/EA wants us to phone their support (which doesnt do crap) and I wrote a ticket and found out that all support surrounding this game is laughable... the referred me to phoning though I distinctly wrote the effects of talking to their phonesupport...

Im thinking about checking with a lawyer friend of mine to see if there's something we can do legally... cause this is just to much... they p*ss all over us n we just smile n take it... :/

Flemling
07.18.2013 , 04:38 AM | #13
I tried to purchase the expansion today (hutt cartel) on the same card as I purchased my subscribtion, and i get the following error. Been going on for the last 3 days now..

This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow.

NicAX
07.18.2013 , 05:04 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by WiCa View Post
Im thinking about checking with a lawyer friend of mine to see if there's something we can do legally... cause this is just to much... they p*ss all over us n we just smile n take it... :/
On what basis?

"EA DOES NOT ASSUME LIABILITY FOR INABILITY TO OBTAIN OR USE ANY CONTENT, ENTITLEMENTS, GOODS OR SERVICES."
From TERMS OF SERVICE

"No Warranty on Software Operation or Game Play; Force Majeure.
You acknowledge that, owing to the complexity of computer technology, as well as the nature of online games themselves and play over a global communications network outside EAs control, EA and its licensors cannot and do not guarantee that the Software, the Game and any updates, upgrades or expansions Software will run permanently or uninterrupted on your computer. "
From EUALA

There is no need for that kind of thing.

Now I understand your frustration but sometimes games and services have issues and believe me they do want to keep you subscribed and buying things. At the moment many people are having issues with purchases and code redemption but they will be sorted out.

WiCa have you tried all the different payment methods?
Some credit cards can be restricted to make payments to certain services are you sure the card or account is not restricted in some way.

Digital Cartel Coin cards are available too, http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6850

evodude
07.18.2013 , 05:13 AM | #15
TAKE MA MONEY arghhhhhh

lol

serious i want you to take my money

pretty please

WiCa
07.18.2013 , 07:48 AM | #16
I'm just so tired of this crap... cause that is what it is at the moment.. utter crap...
If they don't want me to buy cartel coins.. fine.. I wont.. but they can atleast fix their issues with subscription.... and if they dont have a clue... ask Activision/Blizzard... they got it working... 9 years ago...

StonesTM
07.18.2013 , 11:20 AM | #17
so far 4 of the members of my guild have quit the game over this issue, keep it up and, your just loosing money every day
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience

RickyBOL
07.19.2013 , 10:02 AM | #18
I had the same problem today: my subscription ended and the automatic renewal failed. That's strange because it worked 3 months ago :/
I had to buy a game time card but I really want/prefer to subscribe... And the whole thing to have to call an international number is disrespectful to the majority of european players

Quote: Originally Posted by NicAX View Post
WiCa have you tried all the different payment methods?
Some credit cards can be restricted to make payments to certain services are you sure the card or account is not restricted in some way.
how can we know if our cards are restricted or not?

Morrgana
07.19.2013 , 01:11 PM | #19
Now it's gone from bad to worse. Not only can't I purchase coins using my card or Paypal without getting the all too familiar error. But now it won't even accept a new payment method.
Are you still going to tell us that the fault is at our end? Because I might actually have to hurt someone if I read that same answer one more time.

Thorlan
07.19.2013 , 01:56 PM | #20
I get a never ending circle trying to buy cartel coins I click on buy cartel coins then click on the amount i want to buy it then takes me to my cartel coin page where i again click buy cartel coins this is a never ending loop