Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix the Esseles / Black Talon ending crash already

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Please fix the Esseles / Black Talon ending crash already

metaIsaber
07.17.2013 , 07:58 PM | #11
crash all the time on those as well. Very annoying.

Leafy_Bug
07.18.2013 , 12:28 AM | #12
Its okay! They want you to run this quite a few times to get the achievement and crashing at the end increases your achievement points. I have done this yesterday 5 times to get closer to the achievement and I crashed every time. With alt+tab on hyperspace tab, with cake on my table, with my mouse on may lap, etc. Bug has been around for almost 1 year and it seems they do not have the know how to fix it.

DataBeaver
07.18.2013 , 06:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
the only reason that I can think of why it hasn't been fixed yet is that they haven't figured out what's causing it exactly.
That's hardly an excuse. While it may be unknown what about that particular cinematic causes a crash, it IS known that the crash always happens during it. They could replace it with a different cinematic or remove it altogether until they can figure out the reason.

bjpbjp
07.18.2013 , 06:29 AM | #14
The alt-tab/minimize workaround only works if you're in Windowed mode. That means Windowed not full-screen (windowed). If you switch your graphics settings to windowed so you see a toolbar at the top and then minimize it should work.

tattoohero
07.18.2013 , 08:54 AM | #15
I absolutely hate doing those two missions because of the crashing problem. The worst part is in SM if I'm with my buddy, we both crash. I end up back at the starting point and the game acts like I never did the flashpoint.

The only time I actually get to credit for completing it if I'm in a random group and someone made it through. I rarely get to Coruscant/Drommand Kaas without crashing. Hard Mode or Story Mode. It matters not, I crash to desktop every damn time!

Vegabond
07.18.2013 , 05:07 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by bjpbjp View Post
The alt-tab/minimize workaround only works if you're in Windowed mode. That means Windowed not full-screen (windowed). If you switch your graphics settings to windowed so you see a toolbar at the top and then minimize it should work.
When about to start last convo >>>>> Alt+Enter, minimize >>>> listen for the hyperdrive sound to go and come out >>> Alt tab and the mission is done because fleet is loading...

I have been doing that with esseles/blacktalon and foundry since like 1.6.

DarthEndonae
07.21.2013 , 04:00 AM | #17
I think the interesting part is that it only affects some people. I think people also crash at the beginning of the Foundry or the end of Boarding Party, I can't remember, maybe both. If it is tied to going into hyperspace though (which seems to be the case), I wonder why it doesn't affect players on their ships.
Endonae - Sorcerer--Anserium - Assassin--Ticoria - Sage
Felzuun - Mercenary
Ardenia - Juggernaut --Merrus - Marauder
Nalisk - Sniper

Amantino
07.21.2013 , 04:29 AM | #18
They need to look at what they changed in 1.5, and fix it. That was the patch introducing these crashes.
Jennifér - Marauder
<Reckoning>

The Red Eclipse

Faudron
07.30.2013 , 12:24 PM | #19
After selecting the destination I was crashing every time, I avoided it by tapping spacebar as soon as I made the selection. This seems to skip the bug (for me at least).

BacaWicket
07.30.2013 , 10:43 PM | #20
you can fix black talon but dont fix the essels. pubs suck