Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key Vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jmkerr
01.29.2012 , 09:02 PM | #61
Stop being so ignorant and take advantage of your security key! Bioware is going the distance for their players and if you don't want to take part in that then it is your own loss, I just wish some of you would appreciate more what they are doing for you...

Melnibonean
01.30.2012 , 11:02 PM | #62
Does anybody know any other security key vendors other than Ilum and Fleet?
"Who's more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

Matteis
01.30.2012 , 11:09 PM | #63
The Fleet Pass on a 1h c/d at 1k credits a pop makes it worth it alone. It eliminates a massive portion of the dead space like airlocks and bullcrap orbital stations and 10,000 load screens.
Annihilation Droid XRR-3: "I have been armed with twenty-four distinct weapons technologies."
Squadron 157, server HK-47, August 5th, 2011.

Fentz
01.30.2012 , 11:10 PM | #64
I would probably get a security key if I had an iphone or android so I could just get the app, I do not trust the small plastic things.

also, you have to use it every time? why not just once per IP adress? :/

BadNewzzz
01.30.2012 , 11:14 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by TangledDruid View Post
Some companion customizations.
A return to fleet item ( But I have a skill that does the same thing)

A set of clothing - imho ugly as heck.

*Edit* securing your account is a good idea.. but I am regretting it - it drives me crazy having to find my phone every time I want to login.
What class are you and what skill give you that option?

About ugly clothing im not sure, normally my right hand is very busy when i play my female alt in the dancer set that you can buy on kaas and ilum.

What i dont get is why would i need to secure my account? Is someone gonna take my credits? ooh noo what will i do? I have nothing to spend my money on atm so if i would be broke tomorrow nothing would have change.

But fleet pass is the best and only reason to get the secure thing.
Freedon Nadd
AmunRa Assassin Tank BM (Before 1.1.5)
Shach Sorc Healer BM (Before 1.1.5)

dskhury
01.31.2012 , 08:51 PM | #66
I secured my acc just for the sake of it... have done that on WoW also...

Peace of mind is priceless
Hi, this is a forum signature.

Kalthorine
01.31.2012 , 08:57 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by dreadpirateandy View Post
You're wrong. Why? Because you think that it's possible to secure your system. It's not - no system is ever 100% secure.
True, but if a security key makes it 99% secure instead of 90% secure isn't it worth it?

Putting it another way, if your applied that logic to home security you would end up not bothering to shut your front door when you came home at night. After all, burglars can always get in through the window so even with the front door shut and locked no home is 100% secure, right?

So no, no system can ever be 100% secure. But security keys make them considerably more secure, and that makes them worth having.
Lord Calypho server (EU RP-PvP): Kalthorine (Jedi Guardian) / Jansson (Scoundrel)
Pity the Land in Need of Heroes... (Bertolt Brecht)
Pity the SWTOR content-lovers in need of an xp toggle!!! (Me!):
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=71335

GeorgZoeller
01.31.2012 , 09:04 PM | #68 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
There are a number of unique items on the security vendor (including a 1 hour cooldown fleet fast-travel pass) that cannot be found anywhere else in game.

We also intend to update the vendor's inventory over time with additional goodies.

Players can gain access to the security vendor's stock by purchasing and associating a physical security key or the free smartphone key app for Android or IOS with their account.

All details can be found here
http://www.swtor.com/info/security-key

Melnibonean
02.01.2012 , 09:02 PM | #69
Ok, after 7 pages of why to get the security key the majority vote is its smart to get. That out of the way is there any other securtiy key vendors besides the ones on fleet and Ilum?
"Who's more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

Ushela
02.02.2012 , 01:50 AM | #70
dromund kaas