Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was Ashara originally intended to be LS/DS like Jaesa?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Was Ashara originally intended to be LS/DS like Jaesa?

ImmortalLowlife
01.31.2014 , 09:51 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
I beg to differ. Ashara was my assassin's prized apprentice (she'd have loved to punt Xalek out the airlock, useless no-brain twit in her mind), and my SI is Dark IV.

I suppose it depends on a couple factors: 1) personal tastes and 2) how a character is played/how the player envisions the character. My assassin views Ashara as a personal project, and a display of her cunning and manipulation skills - that she can take a Jedi and shape her to her specific vision. Now for some people this clearly takes a little bit of imagination, but in my honest opinion I think the SI is successful by the end of the companion story in turning Ashara to the Dark Side. One doesn't need to be a murderous raving lunatic to be a DSer.

Not to mention Ashara is loyal to the SI (why else would she stay? Learn from the SI? And eventually come to find love or friendship with them?), which, in a world of backstabbing and deceit, to have a consistent ally is a boon rather than a curse. After all, who's to say in a week, month, year... whatever, that Xalek won't try to kill the SI and take his/her Dark Council spot? -shrug-

(You hear that BW? Let us kill him later on, plz, we need more to our companion stories )
That's True, but imho I still say my LS SI (who's light V btw) fits perfectly with Ashara, but my DS assassin just wants to tie her to the front of my ship as a hood ornament. He's a homicidal maniac & psychopathic kitty killer. He's Michael Myers, Freddy, Jason, & The Emperor all rolled into one. His goal in life is to learn the ritual the emperor used to destroy & consume an entire planet. There's no reason for her to even be on my ship.....she NEEDS two modes like Jessa (and I ABSOLUTELY love her ds version btw)
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

LordGarmaZabi
01.31.2014 , 10:56 AM | #42
Ashara not being like DS Jaessa was okay with me, don't get me wrong, DS Jaessa is my favorite companion so far, but, I wouldn't want "Orange Jaessa with horns" for my Inquisitor, I like variety. But the problem is, she doesn't make sense, she's not even an LS Sith, she still refers to herself as a Jedi. I can find no reason for this person to be on my ship. If only I could have thrown Zash in her body, and romanced her....
Sieg Zeon !

ImmortalLowlife
01.31.2014 , 01:06 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by LordGarmaZabi View Post
If only I could have thrown Zash in her body, and romanced her....
I like THIS idea too!
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

AmazingEggplant
01.31.2014 , 01:09 PM | #44
I don't know what some of you are talking about, there was a few instances where a Dark Side choice in a conversation got major points for her, she isn't full on boy-scout-bend-over-backwards-to-save-random-strangers-open-palm flavor of Jedi, but then again I didn't pick every Dark Side option that ever came up

Kaos_KidSWTOR
01.31.2014 , 01:26 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
I will say that Ashara joining the Inquisitor wasn't presented in a way that even began to make sense, which is too bad... but I love her as the apprentice of a LS Inquisitor, and even take her everywhere with me (although this is in part because her gift system is broken for female PCs, so I can only gain significant amounts of affection via the story). Unless... blast, unless I run out of story to do to gain affection with her and am forced to spam high-level gifts for marginal affection gain and lose all my money through that...
you could also run the old Belsavis dailies, the conversations there give affection.

LordGarmaZabi
01.31.2014 , 01:43 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by AmazingEggplant View Post
I don't know what some of you are talking about, there was a few instances where a Dark Side choice in a conversation got major points for her, she isn't full on boy-scout-bend-over-backwards-to-save-random-strangers-open-palm flavor of Jedi, but then again I didn't pick every Dark Side option that ever came up
I remember you can get affection with her for helping recover data from the Republics alien experiments on Belsavis. This lead to a joke amongst me and my friends "Ashara: A Jedi with a passing interest in eugenics." But seriously, almost every character is designed to have something of a personality, rather then just mindlessly liking LS or DS choices. Even Vette will occassionally support killing in cold blood.
Sieg Zeon !

Kain_Turinbar
01.31.2014 , 01:55 PM | #47
There are other companions for other force users you can't turn either.

Lord Scourge is a good example. He stays Dark and you can't really build affection with him without being DS yourself (besides gifts, obviously. Talking through conversations here) and if you play LS it feels that he doesn't belong on your ship either.

LordGarmaZabi
01.31.2014 , 02:01 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
There are other companions for other force users you can't turn either.

Lord Scourge is a good example. He stays Dark and you can't really build affection with him without being DS yourself (besides gifts, obviously. Talking through conversations here) and if you play LS it feels that he doesn't belong on your ship either.
I haven't done the story for the Jedi Knight, but doesn't Scourge have a large stake in the Knight completing his mission, seeing as he wants to
Spoiler
?

Ashara, on the other hand, doesn't have that.
Sieg Zeon !

Kain_Turinbar
01.31.2014 , 02:15 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by LordGarmaZabi View Post
I haven't done the story for the Jedi Knight, but doesn't Scourge have a large stake in the Knight completing his mission, seeing as he wants to
Spoiler
?

Ashara, on the other hand, doesn't have that.
Yes, he does do that. But even in your final conversation with him
Spoiler

Nydus
01.31.2014 , 02:46 PM | #50
Am I missing something? Seems to me my Ashara ended up acknowledging the Sith code and breaking some of the key tenants of the jedi order.

She might not admit it to herself, but she be Sith at the conclusion of her story.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)