Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage or Commando?

RocketeerRaccoon
07.12.2013 , 06:44 AM | #1
Having been playing Sith Sorcerer for a while I've suddenly grown a dislike to it, not because of my character but because of the Empire itself, they are practically evil and even if I'm light aligned. It's more or less my personal preference to be with the side that's more in the line of being good.

At first I was thinking of simply changing to the counterpart class of Jedi Sage but the issue is the lightsaber you have is useless after level 10, what is the point of being a Jedi if you don't use the signature weapon?

I could change to Commando but being a gun type class wasn't what I had in my, being a force user and lightsabers are what really makes Star Wars what it is so either I suck it up to the issue and just play Sage or go with Commando with the big bangs?

AlrikFassbauer
07.12.2013 , 06:49 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by RocketeerRaccoon View Post
At first I was thinking of simply changing to the counterpart class of Jedi Sage but the issue is the lightsaber you have is useless after level 10, what is the point of being a Jedi if you don't use the signature weapon?
This is a good question.

There is a thread about it being merely a so-called "stat stick".

RocketeerRaccoon
07.12.2013 , 06:55 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
This is a good question.

There is a thread about it being merely a so-called "stat stick".
Yeah, I've seen that thread, it's crazy. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=547648

From the looks of things it appears that my choice is going more and more towards the Commando. I suppose they are better in terms of armor and health, and actually use their big guns.

Dominoris
07.12.2013 , 07:31 AM | #4
Yeah, Sith are evil. Evil, evil, evil. They tempt you early in the stories with some light-side choices but all the fun stuff is making people suffer! If the [Shock Her] button does not make you giggle ever time it comes up, maybe Sith is not for you.

Are you wanting to heal or DPS?

Male or female toon?

Do you care about romance sub-plots or companion stories?
Clones are people two.

RocketeerRaccoon
07.12.2013 , 07:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dominoris View Post
Yeah, Sith are evil. Evil, evil, evil. They tempt you early in the stories with some light-side choices but all the fun stuff is making people suffer! If the [Shock Her] button does not make you giggle ever time it comes up, maybe Sith is not for you.

Are you wanting to heal or DPS?

Male or female toon?

Do you care about romance sub-plots or companion stories?
Of course I'm not into the evil stuff. I play a female toon and I aim to be DPS. I'm not too bothered about romances and companions.

Nechronix
07.12.2013 , 08:01 AM | #6
If you're into the lightsabers and a more Jedi-centric toon, why not roll a Shadow or Guardian? You can roll a Sentinel as well, but the other two offer the option of tanking, where as the Sentinel is purely DPS.

Dominoris
07.12.2013 , 09:11 AM | #7
Sage then.

I like the female troop voiceover better but then I have a thing for Jennifer Hale. The Consular female is well done but the consular male is so falt to me. I unserstand calm and peaceful as a jedi and I know it is very hard to pull off while still being compelling but the male consular is almost sleepy sounding at times.

If you want to use the ligtsaber more, you might think about a Jadi Consular Shadow. They have a very strong DPS and use two lightsabers. You lose the ability to heal but gain stealth. Being melee damage instead of ranged you will use your lightsabers alot!
Clones are people two.

drGudo
07.12.2013 , 09:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dominoris View Post

If you want to use the ligtsaber more, you might think about a Jadi Consular Shadow. They have a very strong DPS and use two lightsabers. You lose the ability to heal but gain stealth. Being melee damage instead of ranged you will use your lightsabers alot!
You mean double-lightsaber.
Rheigan, Human Marauder Carnage Pa'tong, Zabrak Powertech Shield Tech
<Dread Masters>
The Red Eclipse

RocketeerRaccoon
07.14.2013 , 09:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nechronix View Post
If you're into the lightsabers and a more Jedi-centric toon, why not roll a Shadow or Guardian? You can roll a Sentinel as well, but the other two offer the option of tanking, where as the Sentinel is purely DPS.
Only thing is my skill with melee type characters is quite rusty while I have more of a preference towards range type classes.

PhantomMalice
07.14.2013 , 08:58 PM | #10
Well let me help you make up your mind then. The Force is no less iconic than the lightsabers for a Jedi. In fact, any one can wield a Lightsaber in SW universe if they can somehow acquire one. Now, the Force is what truly defines a Jedi because no Force= no Jedi.

In terms of animation, Sage will get a lot more flashy looking spells, especially if you choose the Telekenetic tree, whereas Commando have nothing special; bullets and grenades that's about it.

As for storyline, Commando is all about obeying orders and running back to your superior's office in Coruscant. No kidding about the running to Coruscant part. Every 3-4 class quest= returning to Senate Tower for 30 sec conversation then it's back on the road for you. Expect to do a lot of "Yes, sir; No, sir, Three-bags full, sir" in your story.

Sage storyline is just the general "Jedi- save - the- world- cuz- I- am- too- lazy- to- do- it" kind. In terms of Romance, Commando only gets 1 option while Sage get 2 if you are playing female.