Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sorc full healer not rely wanted -.-


Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
07.13.2013 , 12:45 AM | #31
actually - you CAN cast while moving even as a clicker. since you use one hand to move, the other to click and all. you can even mouse turn while clicking. I know, weird right? but very possible. and especially with this game being based around global cooldowns - there's plenty of time.

however, some abilities with cast time? it doesn't matter whether you click or hotkey - you have to stand still to cast them. most sorc heals are like that.

you have a shield, that puts a debuff on your target, meaning once you placed it on everyone, you cannot refresh it for a bit. and you have a heal over time with fairly long cooldown. that's it for healing while moving. even your AoE requires standing still at some point (the only way to build up stacks that make it instant, is to use a channeled ability, aka you stand still)

lastly. keybinding is ONLY more effective then clicking is if you can type fairly efficiently without looking down on your keyboard. of you cannot blind type? keybinding is actually worse, since you'll have to keep looking down from your screen in order to press the correct keys.

Fiamma_Verde's Avatar


Fiamma_Verde
07.13.2013 , 01:24 AM | #32
Personally I like hotkeys better for healing since I'll click the ops list to target, so key binding majorly cutdown on mouse movement, and generally makes me more efficient, and much quicker to react. Especially since I have a lot of instant casts.

That said one of our guid's top DPS clicks, so I'm sure with the right setup it could work for healing too.

Krewel's Avatar


Krewel
07.13.2013 , 04:30 AM | #33
Oh look, another thread where clicker invalids are trying to justify their atrocious playstyle instead of learning to play better. Nothing to see here, kids.
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
07.13.2013 , 09:38 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Krewel View Post
Oh look, another thread where clicker invalids are trying to justify their atrocious playstyle instead of learning to play better. Nothing to see here, kids.
oh look. another thread where narrow minded know-it-all tries to claim that there's only one best way to do everything regardless of individual strengths and weaknesses, insults those who don't agree with him and dismisses any other possibility against all evidence. carry on.

Krewel's Avatar


Krewel
07.13.2013 , 10:26 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
oh look. another thread where narrow minded know-it-all tries to claim that there's only one best way to do everything regardless of individual strengths and weaknesses, insults those who don't agree with him and dismisses any other possibility against all evidence. carry on.
All evidence? Yeah, provide video evidence of clickers clearing TFB and S&V NiM, pretty please.

I love it how clickers immediately resort to defensive postures, kind of like endangered species. Clicking playstyle is horrible, especially in SWTOR with no addons and macros, and especially for healers. Please provide a video of a clicker healer clearing Dread Guards on NiM, and I'll shut up, and maybe I won't be so condescending towards clicker invalids.
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
07.13.2013 , 10:36 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Krewel View Post
All evidence? Yeah, provide video evidence of clickers clearing TFB and S&V NiM, pretty please.

I love it how clickers immediately resort to defensive postures, kind of like endangered species. Clicking playstyle is horrible, especially in SWTOR with no addons and macros, and especially for healers. Please provide a video of a clicker healer clearing Dread Guards on NiM, and I'll shut up, and maybe I won't be so condescending towards clicker invalids.
I'm pretty sure I can find one if I wanted to. but even here in this section, there's a sentinel soloing hardmode flashpoints in all 72 gear (prior to nightmare modes) WHILE clicking. something that many keybinders are incapable of doing. NOT because of their playstyle, but because they, the players are not good enough.

however - you are MISSING THE POINT. yes this had to be capitalized. you are claiming that keybinding is ALWAYS better. THAT is false. keybinding is ONLY better when you can touch type effectively. someone who cannot touch type for whatever reason - will not be able to bind effectively. moreover. this game has global cooldowns. its extremely forgiving. skilled player can figure out how to work with what they have and what they can do instead of rejecting any and all possibilities.

partylikeaturtle's Avatar


partylikeaturtle
07.13.2013 , 11:18 AM | #37
It takes all of a couple days to learn to touch type the alphabet. Using "I can't touch type" as an excuse is just lazy. Even more so since you only even need half the keyboard to hotkey every single ability you have, including the ones you don't ever use.

Krewel's Avatar


Krewel
07.13.2013 , 11:37 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
I'm pretty sure I can find one if I wanted to. but even here in this section, there's a sentinel soloing hardmode flashpoints in all 72 gear (prior to nightmare modes) WHILE clicking. something that many keybinders are incapable of doing. NOT because of their playstyle, but because they, the players are not good enough.

however - you are MISSING THE POINT. yes this had to be capitalized. you are claiming that keybinding is ALWAYS better. THAT is false. keybinding is ONLY better when you can touch type effectively. someone who cannot touch type for whatever reason - will not be able to bind effectively. moreover. this game has global cooldowns. its extremely forgiving. skilled player can figure out how to work with what they have and what they can do instead of rejecting any and all possibilities.
I'll eagerly await that video evidence, would especially like to see a clicker dps responsible for interrupting on Dread Guards NiM, or better yet, a clicker healer on that fight. Until then, I stand firmly by my incontrovertible logic that clicking is an inferior playstyle.

Stop providing pointless evidence on some clicker who soloed flashpoints. Retarded flashpoints and NiM are leagues apart.

Oh, and some abilities, like interrupts, are not affected by global cooldowns. Insta press or dragging your cursor towards that ability ... don't even need to further illustrate the difference in reaction time. Try clicking the interrupt on NiM Dread Guards, I'd hate to be the guy relying on you ...
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel

Sarielle's Avatar


Sarielle
07.13.2013 , 03:19 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
actually - you CAN cast while moving even as a clicker. since you use one hand to move, the other to click and all. you can even mouse turn while clicking. I know, weird right? but very possible. and especially with this game being based around global cooldowns - there's plenty of time.

however, some abilities with cast time? it doesn't matter whether you click or hotkey - you have to stand still to cast them. most sorc heals are like that.
I play a sage healer, I wasn't suggesting every single heal could be cast on the run.

Going from clicking to keybinding does take a bit of adjusting -- as I said before, I know, I was a clicker once -- but it's worth it. No matter how much people try to claim it's not less efficient to click, it is. I'm more efficient healing a 4-man group (because I use keys to target my groupmates/myself) than I am a WZ group because I do have to click people in the other group.

I know there are people out there who are not touch typists, but with today's emphasis on technology, if you aren't one, you'd gain a big benefit outside of gaming by learning to become one.

Anyone who can do crazy things as a clicker would be even better if they bothered to learn to keybind. In PvP in particular, difference in performance is absolutely night and day. And let's not forget, some skills ignore the global cooldown -- so all other arguments aside, yes, you are suffering a performance dip while waggling your mouse pointer around, and your movement control is inferior.

(EDIT: And to be clear, I mean "you" as in a general you. I dunno if you click or not.)
Sarie : Self-righteous Seer
| Jung Ma |

ShadessaWayland's Avatar


ShadessaWayland
07.13.2013 , 04:17 PM | #40
i use my gaming mouse to heal fast am my self a very bad typer on keyboard XD

so yea my mouse works fine
the more FP i do the more i figure out what i must do

am close hiting lvl 52 and all go very well as long the orther partys members also no what they must do

1 thing they forget i see alot that the dps classes both forget that they have to remove those ads on me

when a boss spam ads mostly come to me i no a healer can pull alot of argo
and i cant heal tanker and my self that fast XD

mostly i end up death

so i ask if some good dps remove those ads of my back and all is fine and it works to
i like to focus on healing tank and maby dps and not see my hp drop like omg am gone die and i see tanker hp drop to

thats rely sucks for me then your rely rely busy pressing every button you have XD
free 7 days of sub