Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stolen Idea- Preemptive questioning

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Stolen Idea- Preemptive questioning

JohnElias
07.28.2013 , 10:46 AM | #31
This will probably be my last post about this issue.

@Class Rep

My final points on how to bring back Conceal to the playing field.

- 100% Hidden Strike Crit
- Reduce Backstab CD to 6s
- An extra "Probe" that reduces damage taken by 25%. This coupled with shield probe could prove to be a good defensive CD. Us taking less damage, would ultimately make Shield Probe last longer.
- Better energy management. Lower Lacerate energy cost. Acid Blade should be free to apply.

I would be happy. Alright, I'm out, good luck guys!
<Immortal> Xæhanort - da tank who tanks da healers in da poosy

Carlenux
07.28.2013 , 02:54 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnElias View Post
This will probably be my last post about this issue.

@Class Rep

My final points on how to bring back Conceal to the playing field.

- 100% Hidden Strike Crit
- Reduce Backstab CD to 6s
- An extra "Probe" that reduces damage taken by 25%. This coupled with shield probe could prove to be a good defensive CD. Us taking less damage, would ultimately make Shield Probe last longer.
- Better energy management. Lower Lacerate energy cost. Acid Blade should be free to apply.

I would be happy. Alright, I'm out, good luck guys!
everything you say is true on the pvp side, i guess if u want conceal to be as OP as ssins, which i think is fine, but honestly if people are interested in giving your Class representatives, ideas that Devs. can actually consider doing, like the probe thing, thats a nice idea, not too OP, i dont see why maras have like 5 dmg red. stuff while we get nothing... agree on that, but your pvp fixes would make concealment go to like 4.2k DPS PvE... 100% sure what you said besides the probe is completely impossible (all together), unless they nerf dmg on every single attack to make that possible.

not saying people are wrong, because all the ideas are good and smart, thing is, pvp side need to open eyes to PvE side, everything, completely everything you all are saying to buff pvp, will make PvE broken and even more overpower compared to other classes... and its really unlikely they would do that >.<... need to think something a little bit more "mid way" to keep both sides balanced, which is really hard lol
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

Seireeni
07.28.2013 , 03:07 PM | #33
Personally I would just like to know if the devs consider the roll being OP in pvp, and if yes, are they considering giving it a cooldown.

Because if they do, I'm going to be annoyed.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - And a few other servers too - The Firslay Legacy

jack__
07.28.2013 , 04:07 PM | #34
The roll is in an annoying position as it is good for the wrong things.
For getting to the huttball first, the roll is great.
However, for closing those last couple of metres to open up on a person, it isn't really that good, because of its high energy cost. If you roll then start a fight immediately afterwards, then you start off with only 75 energy, which completely screws up energy management.

@johnelias: if you go to the torparse dummy statistics, the first non slinger/sniper is Invic, which is carlenux's operative.
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

platinumruggo
07.28.2013 , 06:15 PM | #35
Has the topic of stances ever come out as far as IA's are concerned? What I mean is, every class seems to have a stance that benefits a certain spec. Tank? There are stances for it to increase this and increase that. Healing? Support Cylinder or whatever it's called for mercs and mandos. Shi-cho or soresu stances, etc... Something that would give ops some sort of buff considering ia's and smugglers are the only class without stances.
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I guess without the effect and all the sabers flying around it could tough for him to tell which one was his. Wouldn't want to catch the wrong one. My friend lost a EWH saber that way. Caught someone else's Recruit saber and then the other quit and logged out.

MiralukaJedi
07.28.2013 , 09:29 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by platinumruggo View Post
Has the topic of stances ever come out as far as IA's are concerned? What I mean is, every class seems to have a stance that benefits a certain spec. Tank? There are stances for it to increase this and increase that. Healing? Support Cylinder or whatever it's called for mercs and mandos. Shi-cho or soresu stances, etc... Something that would give ops some sort of buff considering ia's and smugglers are the only class without stances.
Sage/Sorc lack a stance too. And a stance really isn't needed. There isn't much point in adding something just for the sake of adding it.

Azarai
07.29.2013 , 07:21 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by jack__ View Post
@johnelias: if you go to the torparse dummy statistics, the first non slinger/sniper is Invic, which is carlenux's operative.
And you can look at his attacks and see they are from using lethality NOT concealment. In all honesty most of these changes should be put directly into the concealment tree, I don't know what lethality could use since it got such a huge buff in 2.0, and quite honestly medics need a definite nerf to their energy management because that tree is just LULZ right now.
Lazy - Concealment Op
Watts - DPS Sorc
ProtBot - Jugg Tank

Electrocutia
07.29.2013 , 12:39 PM | #38
Don't forget to mention our worthless 4set PvE/PvP bonus' ;P 5 Energy won't make or break the fight. Look at Sorcs they get on the same scale as us 10 energy (500 Force + 50 Force from bonus/100 Energy + 5 Energy from bonus) Or their dps sets 5% Alacrity! I mean it's not the best but still... better than 5 energy lol.

platinumruggo
07.29.2013 , 03:17 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by MiralukaJedi View Post
Sage/Sorc lack a stance too. And a stance really isn't needed. There isn't much point in adding something just for the sake of adding it.
Yeah forgot about them, also it wouldn't be adding something just for the sake of adding it. It'd actually help with certain specs. Like they could reduce certain things that makes healing ops so "OP" as 98% of the community calls it and then add a stance that allows for some of it to be gained back but at significantly lower rates. Or for concealment since it has energy issues, either change stim boost back to the way it was before 2.0, because lets be honest, who cares about better alacrity after using it? It's really only there for the free TA. Anyway, add a stance that would boost energy management for concealment and lethality or help out with poison effects or something. Each stance is beneficial to a certain spec so why not let op/scoundrels and sage/sorcs have it? They'd also need to be reduced in some way to actually make it so a stance is actually necessary.
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I guess without the effect and all the sabers flying around it could tough for him to tell which one was his. Wouldn't want to catch the wrong one. My friend lost a EWH saber that way. Caught someone else's Recruit saber and then the other quit and logged out.

JaymanXX
07.29.2013 , 03:20 PM | #40
Heal debuff on Acid Blade.