Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Camera stuck after talking to NPC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Camera stuck after talking to NPC
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bonniecelt
07.11.2013 , 11:35 AM | #11
repair did not say it found anything, the problem is only happening with my main character I was playing before the new patch, I tried my other two and they work fine. But this is the one I am trying to build, HELP please

Bonniecelt
07.11.2013 , 12:29 PM | #12
why is it you think something is wrong with my computer when the game was working fine before the changes you made. I have tried all the fixes you suggested and nothing has completely cleared the issue, I have repaired many times(a couple in safe mode with networking, thanks for letting me know I needed to check my e-mail for a password), I deleted the diskcachearena file(this by the way was the only thing that had any effect, now instead of quitting game and having to log back in I just can't have conversations with NPCs) I'm ready for a fix that works. You should warn people to change from their main character before a patch to protect them, trust me I will next time if there is a next time

Bronholz
07.11.2013 , 12:51 PM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for trying those steps.

Please could you provide me with the following for a character affected by this issue:
  • Server Name
  • Character name
Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Thoramann
07.12.2013 , 01:55 AM | #14
For me it's
Character - Thoramann
Europe, english RP server (the progenitor)

I tried all the options, and none work for me. I even uninstalled, deleted all user preference to be sure nothing remains and reinstalled fresh and the problem still persists. Before the patch everything was ok...

Thank you for your support,

calais
07.12.2013 , 03:29 AM | #15
Same problem here.

Inventive (Jedi Sage) Lvl 19
Taris
Prophecy of the Five

Not having this problem on my Operative. Maybe this problem is isolated to Consulars?

Beesodd
07.12.2013 , 03:38 AM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the reports guys. Anyone else seeing this, please submit a ticket. I'll also ask if you can post up the affected character's planet, level, and Class.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Thoramann
07.12.2013 , 04:33 AM | #17
Character - Thoramann
Europe, english RP server (the progenitor)

Jedi Shadow, level 22 (will be 23 in 1-2hours :P), Planet Taris

P.S. I posted a ticket already yesterday.

calais
07.12.2013 , 04:38 AM | #18
So, I've been testing to see if this problem has anything to do with companions - my anecdotal evidence says yes. Interacting with quest givers without a companion summoned does not trigger the camera freeze, although it does summon my companion as soon as the cutscene with the NPC is finished. Is it normal for a companion to be auto-summoned when you finish with a quest giver? That seems like it's probably a bug. Maybe this problem is being caused by the game trying to summon the companion that is already active, and it's locking something up? My current companion is Qyzen Fess.

Beesodd
07.12.2013 , 04:56 AM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks calais, that's very helpful. And yes it's normal to have your companion summoned after a scene.

I see that you're a Sage too.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Thoramann
07.12.2013 , 05:22 AM | #20
Yes I confirm, having my Companion unsummoned before the conversations suppresses the camera freeze. Thanks calais, at least it can be easier to play until the problem is resolved ...