Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Camera stuck after talking to NPC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Camera stuck after talking to NPC
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nezoviar
07.10.2013 , 05:53 PM | #1
Every time I talk to an NPC as part of a quest, after the conversation the camera gets stuck. I say the camera because all the other UI element are functional and I i move with either mouse or WASD it is shown in the minimap, however my player icon on the map won't turn either. It seems like the game is still running as I can still take/do damage.

eddienz
07.10.2013 , 08:42 PM | #2
I'm having the same issue the only way I can resolve this is to keep logging out and then logging in.

Thoramann
07.11.2013 , 05:56 AM | #3
I have the same exact problem since this morning... it makes the game almost unplayable since i have to logout every 5 to 10 minutes. I have a ticket open on customer support maybe they resolve the bug until then i will try a reinstall but that will take me hours of downloading and plus i don;t think that solves the problem ...

Beesodd
07.11.2013 , 06:03 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi there,

Please try clearing your game's cache and see if the issue persists. You can do this by navigating to the main game folder then the "swtor" folder, and deleting the DiskCacheArena file.

Please let us know if this step helps or if the odd camera behaviour persists.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Thoramann
07.11.2013 , 06:09 AM | #5
Thank you for your reply, i will try (if it's still the case) after the reinstall finishes... which will take a while. I will get back to you after that.

Bonniecelt
07.11.2013 , 07:34 AM | #6
this fix almost works, can complete some NPC conversations but others it still gets stuck. now I can ESC from the problem instead of having to quit game and log back in. still a pain though, can't complete or even pick up some missions

Beesodd
07.11.2013 , 07:36 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I see, in that case please run the repair function on the launcher. You can get to this by clicking the cog icon after logging in.

Bonniecelt
07.11.2013 , 07:52 AM | #8
nope, repair didn't work, any other suggestions

Beesodd
07.11.2013 , 07:55 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I see. Did the repair find anything, or just give the all clear? If it found something and repaired, please restart in Safe Mode with Networking and repair again.

If it found no issues, then restart with a Clean Boot and check if the issue persists.

MairaWulf
07.11.2013 , 08:47 AM | #10
Having the same problem and i have tryed all the things you wanted .. doesnt work sadly