Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FriendReferral
09.26.2013 , 12:48 PM | #301
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Hi guys

Sorry for the inconvenience and we applaud your patience but we have the answers to your questions.

After much debate from our combat team we have decided to simply remove shadows and commandoes from the game. We know it is probably not the answer you were all looking forward to hear but this is the best course of action we feel we can take as a development team.

Again, thanks for your patience and we look forward to hearing your feedback and continued support of our game.
Seems legit.

xZarquon
09.26.2013 , 12:56 PM | #302
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Hi guys

Sorry for the inconvenience and we applaud your patience but we have the answers to your questions.

After much debate from our combat team we have decided to simply remove shadows and commandoes from the game. We know it is probably not the answer you were all looking forward to hear but this is the best course of action we feel we can take as a development team.

Again, thanks for your patience and we look forward to hearing your feedback and continued support of our game.
i'm gonna laugh if this ends up being a more accepted response than that one the devs actually post...

NogueiraA
09.26.2013 , 12:59 PM | #303
Courtney, remember: these responses will make people leave the game or stay.
English is my 3rd language, sorry for mistakes.
Beta tester, Shadowlands - 16 lvl55 toons.

TUXs
09.26.2013 , 01:06 PM | #304
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Can you locate the link to this statement? I can't seem to find it. His position is "lead combat designer" which leads me to believe he's leading, but we could always be mislead.
Of course LINK

Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
I definitely have a team that supports me, brainstorms with me, and tests with me, but I do all of the design, implementation, and balance for all of the classes by myself. It is a daunting task.
Believe me now?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

chuixupu
09.26.2013 , 01:07 PM | #305
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Courtney, remember: these responses will make people leave the game or stay.
And she has no control over that.

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Of course LINK

Believe me now?
Yep, I do! Thanks for finding that for me. Although it also does confirm that he's not just sitting in a dark office by himself with no input, he has a support team.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

TUXs
09.26.2013 , 01:15 PM | #306
Yep, I do! Thanks for finding that for me. Although it also does confirm that he's not just sitting in a dark office by himself with no input, he has a support team.
Support for: Brainstorming and testing.

He alone does: Design, implementation, and balance for all of the classes.

It is a daunting task.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Darth_Dreselus
09.26.2013 , 02:07 PM | #307
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news today. It looks like the Combat Team will need some more time to finish your questions, so we will be posting these next week. While it may seem like a quick and easy thing to answer these questions, the team wants to make sure you receive thorough answers, which does take time. I understand this is not ideal, but we appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay!
Heal to full.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

chuixupu
09.26.2013 , 02:18 PM | #308
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Support for: Brainstorming and testing.

He alone does: Design, implementation, and balance for all of the classes.

It is a daunting task.
I'm sure it is, and that makes it even more understandable as to why he's probably got a limited amount of time to sit down and type up thoughtful answers. 2.4 is around the corner and they're all probably "crunch time" mode.

Doulo
09.26.2013 , 02:25 PM | #309
I'm sure it is, and that makes it even more understandable as to why he's probably got a limited amount of time to sit down and type up thoughtful answers. 2.4 is around the corner and they're all probably "crunch time" mode.
Except that Eric said they were hard at work on 2.5 and the changes that are supposedly coming in that patch. If he had said they are working on polishing 2.4, I would be less disappointed.

chuixupu
09.26.2013 , 02:30 PM | #310
Quote: Originally Posted by Doulo View Post
Except that Eric said they were hard at work on 2.5 and the changes that are supposedly coming in that patch. If he had said they are working on polishing 2.4, I would be less disappointed.
I don't know how Bioware does it, but I know at another certain MMO company they have teams split by content patches. Inevitably people have been working on 2.5 for some time now, but there is still work to be done on 2.4 until, and even when it launches. Certain kinds of developers are usually juggling a lot of different areas of content at once. the combat balance guy is probably having to look at stuff that will come up in the distant future as well, even the space combat.