Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We need more than 3 crew slots per toon.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
We need more than 3 crew slots per toon.

PathosRah
07.10.2013 , 01:26 PM | #1
If we have 6 companions, we should be allowed to have up to 6 crew skills.

blindxsecrets
07.10.2013 , 01:43 PM | #2
Nooo....thank you. Lol. Having one crafting per toon is frustrating enough. If I had all the crafting on one toon I think I'd jump off a cliff. Can you imagine that toon's cargo holds? I think it's better to spread it across several alts, that way each one has something they can accomplish.

Personally I like the system just the way it is. The only thing I'd like to change are the long crafting timers.
Founder of SWTOR, been here since early access! 5-year-vet of SWG. Chimaera. Chilastra. Sunrunner. Bria. <3

psandak
07.10.2013 , 01:44 PM | #3
Absolutely not. What is your reasoning other than the fact that each character gets five companions plus the ship droid? Because that logic is flawed. And by the way, a character could have seven companions if you include HK-51.

captpickles
07.10.2013 , 03:15 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PathosRah View Post
No. you cannot have more than 3 crew skills to get all the mats to build purps and customs for free. the point of a GTN and a economy is to have supply and demand.

besides. with crew skills 'free' juts build more toons, at level 30ish you can have 3 crews per toon and log back in and out and still get all you need to skip buying mats.

Ancaglon
07.11.2013 , 05:15 AM | #5
We don't need that; more would be nice, but it's not essential.

Never_Hesitate
07.11.2013 , 05:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PathosRah View Post
And I have 7 companions, why shouldn't I be able to have 7 crew skills?

First of all number of companions does clearly not interact with number of crewskillslots (you can observe that really easily whilst leveling), second before allowing more crewskills they should allow all those who have hk to send 6 companions away (I know there would be tons of flames and that's why they don't do it)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

AlrikFassbauer
07.11.2013 , 08:25 AM | #7
Having only slot for F2P is a bit harsh in my eyes, but apart from that I'm happy with the system as it is right now.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Doc_Burton
07.11.2013 , 10:32 AM | #8
I don't need more than 3 crew skills per character, but i wouldn't mind if i could use more than 5 companions at a time for crafting, at least when i have my eighth companion with Treek.

Gloomycakes
07.11.2013 , 10:39 AM | #9
The reasoning behind 3 crewskills per toon is to have the combination: Crafting Crewskill, Gathering Crewskill and a Mission Crewskill. Only Slicing hangs a bit in between, being a bit of a Gathering and a bit of a Mission Crewskill. So I don't think 5 companions should be a reason for more crewskills, especially since you can run more than 1 mission per crewskill at the same time.

I wouldn't complain having more, don't get me wrong. But I do think it's fine as it is.

Zohkar
07.11.2013 , 01:01 PM | #10
I personally would love to have all the crafting choices on one character. Sorry but it was a feature I loved in the original EverQuest. I hate having alternates who's only reason for being in existance is to craft stuff and never played for anything other then that (granted for achievement purposes all my alts are 55). I like to play one character and when I am on a alt there is something I am always missing out on. Crafting times are already weird compaired to games I have played (take far longer in SWTOR). But I still find missions that a abundant time being longer then a bountiful or a rich mission lower then bountiful times.
55 Zohkar (Guardian) 55 Sa'brina (Immortal)
55 Zankar (Shadow) 55 Selura (Corruption)
55 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 55 Sil'mara (Operative)
55 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 55 Sondrea (Shieldtech)