Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper Class Representative

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Euue
07.18.2013 , 01:15 PM | #71
I vote for paowee also. Learned a lot (?everything) from him.

X-Boson
07.19.2013 , 08:31 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post

If some of you happen to become the representative, please ask the devs how do they personally envision the relationship between Ranged DPS and Healers. Are healers supposed to only feel threatened by melee DPS because of how easy is it to avoid range DPS with all the LoSing?

Thank you.
Allow me to answer this question here. As ranged you wont get tons of damage like a melee, but rather stay max ranged in a corner. Its rather a question of your positioning (..played caster dd all the time in old WoW). As melee you have to check you own HP all the time. And good healer knows how to kite a melee away from his mates, and then call help or CC. So as melee u have to run a lot and try to survive.

Dont forget what a burst you can do from 35 meter range once your target is not out of your LoS. Sometimes he even didnt see where all the burst came( yeah...its a Sniper). As MM for example, EP triggered by Ambush, followed by a instant Snipe and Takedown at 30% is a kinda retarded single burst. Same as Leth with DoTs->WB->Cull->EP->Takedown. I dont see anything is not in order here.

Haegert
07.20.2013 , 12:47 PM | #73
Paowee

NoTomorrow
07.21.2013 , 03:49 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by X-Boson View Post
Allow me to answer this question here. As ranged you wont get tons of damage like a melee, but rather stay max ranged in a corner. Its rather a question of your positioning (..played caster dd all the time in old WoW). As melee you have to check you own HP all the time. And good healer knows how to kite a melee away from his mates, and then call help or CC. So as melee u have to run a lot and try to survive.

Dont forget what a burst you can do from 35 meter range once your target is not out of your LoS. Sometimes he even didnt see where all the burst came( yeah...its a Sniper). As MM for example, EP triggered by Ambush, followed by a instant Snipe and Takedown at 30% is a kinda retarded single burst. Same as Leth with DoTs->WB->Cull->EP->Takedown. I dont see anything is not in order here.
Unfortunately it's extremely difficult and rare to have an operative healer staying in your line of sight due to them having the combat stealth, evasion cleansing everything, the tech cleanse removing our legshot and of course the lol roll. If you as a healer end up dying because of sniper fire, most probably his team mates were able to put you in such a desperate situation that you would've died anyways without the sniper's help.

This is what I don't like, the fact that they gave all healers physical root cleanses.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

paowee
07.22.2013 , 11:07 PM | #75
OT:

i dont think anything is wrong with having healers "feel only threatened by melee..." I mean.. one class can't have everything -_____-.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

NoTomorrow
07.23.2013 , 12:29 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
OT:

i dont think anything is wrong with having healers "feel only threatened by melee..." I mean.. one class can't have everything -_____-.
The problem is, that even melee has trouble with them, and many specs are just plain worthless now against healers. Pyrotech got nerfed, Advanced Prototype was never really good in the first place. Annihilation wasn't good against healers. So you basically got only like 2-3 specs against them, which is basically making those other specs just plain useless.

If they removed the physical root cleansing from the healers, so that legshot could actually keep them in place for a little, that could have been something.
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

paowee
07.23.2013 , 03:49 AM | #77
well that could be a pvp question for the combat team. you just gotta convince people to vote for your question ^_^;

X-Boson
07.23.2013 , 05:06 AM | #78
Unfortunately it's extremely difficult and rare to have an operative healer staying in your line of sight due to them having the combat stealth, evasion cleansing everything, the tech cleanse removing our legshot and of course the lol roll. If you as a healer end up dying because of sniper fire, most probably his team mates were able to put you in such a desperate situation that you would've died anyways without the sniper's help.

This is what I don't like, the fact that they gave all healers physical root cleanses.
An unconscious/stunned/disable target is a good target for your most destructive combo ...well the point is there wont be a second stealth/vanish or any other defensive CDs for a while. Probably your mates will get him after that.

Edit: sorc healer cannot cleanse physical root, but merc or op healer. Further cleanse has a CD.

NoTomorrow
07.24.2013 , 02:49 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by X-Boson View Post
An unconscious/stunned/disable target is a good target for your most destructive combo ...well the point is there wont be a second stealth/vanish or any other defensive CDs for a while. Probably your mates will get him after that.

Edit: sorc healer cannot cleanse physical root, but merc or op healer. Further cleanse has a CD.
Sorc healers can talent physical debuff cleansing, which is legshot. So basically all healers cannot be legshot. Cover pulse works because it's descriptor is not physical, therefore cannot be cleansed by cleanses, but i will rarely have a healer within the range of my cover pulse.

paowee
07.24.2013 , 10:22 AM | #80
getting extremely offtopic now lol:
Sorc healers can talent physical debuff cleansing, which is legshot. So basically all healers cannot be legshot. Cover pulse works because it's descriptor is not physical, therefore cannot be cleansed by cleanses, but i will rarely have a healer within the range of my cover pulse.
Spoiler