Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech Class Representative

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Powertech
Powertech Class Representative
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aetrus
07.17.2013 , 03:19 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
I nominate Evuo (in-game name T-elos)

Quite simply the best powertech and one of the best players to play this game. Knows all specs inside out. Has submitted countless bug reports and posts on fixes with statistical backup (check his post history).

He is also possibly the only powertech left in any server who plays (and wins) high level ranked games as dps.

There is no-one better for this role than him.
I second (err, third?) this nomination. Evuo is maybe the best DPS PT I've seen play, and I think any of the class representatives have to be able to play this game at the highest level in order to help properly balance it.

Zoom_VI
07.22.2013 , 08:48 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by FeralPug View Post
I would love to see flame engine moved from Shield Tech to AP. That would go a long way to making the spec viable (for the first time in the game's tenure!) Shield could get a group utility bump in its place. I'd love to see a counter to predation, though not sure how that would work.
Please no
flame engine is a huge threat tool in PvE - in fact is the best AoE threat gen barring taunt available to PT. It is also a giant QoL thing for tanks has it makes all those dailies area mobs quicker rather than beating them one at a time with rocket punch. For the tank it has the single target dps equivalent of HiB in pve and pvp.

I understand AP really needs a more fluid flamethrower but, it should be something unique or at best a copy, please don't start taking talents from one tree to suit another.

More one topic, I would vote for Scytheeleven as rep, since he has done some considerable work summing up needs for PT in his recent posts
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

If you fail, fail dramatically. At least you will prove the error of your tactics to your successors
- Scott Westerfeld, The Killing of Worlds

Luxidenstore
07.23.2013 , 07:58 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Please no
flame engine is a huge threat tool in PvE - in fact is the best AoE threat gen barring taunt available to PT. It is also a giant QoL thing for tanks has it makes all those dailies area mobs quicker rather than beating them one at a time with rocket punch. For the tank it has the single target dps equivalent of HiB in pve and pvp.

I understand AP really needs a more fluid flamethrower but, it should be something unique or at best a copy, please don't start taking talents from one tree to suit another.

More one topic, I would vote for Scytheeleven as rep, since he has done some considerable work summing up needs for PT in his recent posts
They should just flat out copy it.
http://www.swtor.com/r/PMZhvb

Use this link to get 7 days of sub, plus prefered friends bundle.

Zoom_VI
07.23.2013 , 09:59 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Luxidenstore View Post
They should just flat out copy it.
To some extint, but if they do it should reset the cd on flame thrower, because do that would probably cause AP to do way to much dps in pve, sorta like the AP/pyro hybrid was doing on the 2.0 PTS

I remember seeing an idea posted in another thread that each flamethrower stack should reduce the channel time by 0.5 seconds, which seems like an excellent idea
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

If you fail, fail dramatically. At least you will prove the error of your tactics to your successors
- Scott Westerfeld, The Killing of Worlds

ScytheEleven
07.24.2013 , 05:40 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Please no

Appreciate the vote of confidence, but I would have to pass! Between work and school right now, my game time is dwindling.

And yes, completely agree with you. I was one of those DPS PT's at the start of 2.0 that was crying out for Flame Engine to be moved to the AP tree, since it seemed to fit more. However, I switched to tanking due to the lack of tanks in my guild and quickly figured out just how AWESOME Flame Engine is for threat generation. Taking that away from the Shield tree would be like taking a baseball bat to one of its kneecaps, and then watching it hobble around on one good leg.

Chickensevil
07.24.2013 , 07:42 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post
Appreciate the vote of confidence, but I would have to pass! Between work and school right now, my game time is dwindling.

And yes, completely agree with you. I was one of those DPS PT's at the start of 2.0 that was crying out for Flame Engine to be moved to the AP tree, since it seemed to fit more. However, I switched to tanking due to the lack of tanks in my guild and quickly figured out just how AWESOME Flame Engine is for threat generation. Taking that away from the Shield tree would be like taking a baseball bat to one of its kneecaps, and then watching it hobble around on one good leg.
I am not really a fan of taking something from one tree and giving it to another, or even making it available to all trees, when it is something already unique to that tree. While I love Hydrolic Overrides on my PT since we needed a mobility increase, I honestly feel like it was the lazy way out of the situation.

If they move or give access to, or even "copy" the ability then it is a cheap fix to an issue that could cause more problems than it solves.

If you copy it to the other tree, what talents are you taking away from in order to allow you to take it? Same thing with moving it. Also if you move it, as stated you are gimping the tank threat, so what would they replace it with. A group utility, while needed, should not be the REPLACEMENT of your highest threat ability. We should have both. And if you make it accessible to all PTs you are actually opening the risk of more hybrid builds.

On that note, this is part of the issue with our class in general. Too many low hanging fruits that are far better than going all the way up one single tree. As a general suggestion to "kill" hybrids, if you really want to do that, I actually loved what that... other game... did when they stopped you from being able to place more than X number of points in a secondary tree. I am not at all suggesting that you simplify the trees, because people have discovered some interesting builds but rather, just put a lock on the tree where as soon as you put say, 11 points into 1 tree you can only ever put up to 10 in another (thus letting you take up to the first two rows of talents in any tree). Then you stick all the best things starting at the 3rd tier.

You could also combat hybrids by making your top tier talent so AMAZING that people don't ever feel like they can live without it. Tanking tree does this quite well, as that becomes you major heat management. Even full AP's ability works very nicely, it hits hard, it adds a stack of PFT so it meshes well with the tree. It is just Pyro that suffers this issue. Even if TD was the best ability in the world... it does nothing to mesh with the tree. All you have are talents that buff the damage of said ability... but all you really get is something that fits inbetween your PPA procs. I would rather fill that with other things. And given our heat management issues on Pyro (forcing you to rapid shots quite often), this currently just makes me rapid shots more, while being underwhelmed by the ability.

Anyway, I went on a tangent there. What I was originally getting at, is cannibalizing another tree is lazy, and might cause more problems than it would fix.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

acguitarplayer
07.25.2013 , 11:15 AM | #67
I vote FeralPug

Valzanik
08.04.2013 , 01:08 AM | #68
Basically Pt's need a buff all around. we got nerf'd into the ground like sages did in 1.2 I really hope it doesn't take another expansion for Bioware to take a look at this class again. Give the burst back to pyro and make AP a viable Rwz spec and make Pyro Viable spec in ranked again. please. We got hit hard with the nerf bat
55 Mara Haidrin
55 Sage Adasar
55 Sent Haidren
Bastion/Harbinger

Consular_Bob
11.04.2013 , 01:59 AM | #69
Do we have a Class Representative selected yet? It seems that the topic was started but has fizzled out. I am sure the community of PT's would like to recommend a few changes through the selected person. Please sort this thread out and make a decision!

Thanks.

Ozlandu
11.20.2013 , 11:44 AM | #70
This sticky is over three months old and as it appears no decision had been made. I see FeralPug got the majority of the nominations, but so what? Is he the rep now? What's that even mean? Where will discussions be held to vote on issues?

Bware, looks kinda ****** to start a thread like this and not have some sort of follow up. Unless I missed something.