Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech Class Representative

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Powertech
Powertech Class Representative
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Evuo
07.13.2013 , 08:53 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post
2) Advanced Prototype: While Advanced Prototype certainly got a sufficient DPS increase for the PVE realm, it's "unique" feel was lost when the entire Bounty Hunter class was given access to Hydraulic Overrides. In it's place, AP was given the same thing as Arsenal Merc: a 4 second duration boost to the ability. Many AP players feel cheated in this sense, and wish to see an upgrade in their tree, preferably one that gives some sort of CC immunity while casting flamethrower (at 3 stacks, of course).
I would definitely support a question related to the loss of a unique or spec defining ability for Advanced Prototype. JarenWelen wrote a long post on the PTS forums for 2.0 about this and another one after 2.0 you can find here.

In that thread, he paraphrased a hypothetical analogy between specs losing a unique ability, originally written by LordExozone, which I believe does a great job of making other players understand this situation. I took an excerpt from that post with the analogy below.

Quote: Originally Posted by JarenWelen View Post
Someone posted an example of a hypothetical (not a rumour!) patch note that this is comparable to:
Jedi Guardian - Unremitting is now a passive ability trainable by all Jedi Knights. Using Force Leap grants Unremitting for 4 seconds, decreasing all damage taken by 20% and providing immunity to all interrupts and controlling effects.
Vigilance - Unremitting has been replaced by Firmly Unremitting, increasing the duration of Unremitting by 1s.

Would Vigilance be happy with the 1s buff? Sure, but one of the key unique points of their tree would have been thrown out to the masses. There would be outroar at this. Sadly, in this similar scenario, our voice has not been heard due to a) there are not enough Tactics players and b) the March 14th PTS changes to damage took precedence in peoples' minds and drowned us out.

JohnnyFG
07.13.2013 , 07:43 PM | #52
I vote myself, best PT EU.
As for prototype being cheated because the class got hydraulic override I do not agree with. It was a good change. What they could do instead is give the entire class jet charge as well since we are melee who needs to get distance as well as give advanced prototype unstoppable like vengeance tree to make it "unique" as in uniterruptable when charging. Also give thermal detonator AoE to 5 targets and always crit.

There fixed the class for you, I now step down as PT leader.

Enjoy the game.

/B
Basaz - Borgoff - Manhunter

<DRAMA>

Brunner_Venda
07.15.2013 , 02:34 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Yngow View Post
All that stupid discussion about who's the best ever, who's world first, who has the bigger e-p made me go straight to the vanguard forums and vote for a representative there.
Don't let Hizoka bother you. She's only 'best in the whole world!' at PT PVE because everyone smart enough to give a damn about parses left to play one of the classes that perform a MINIMUM of 200+ DPS higher than powertechs. Congrats about being the one dummy playing the broken spec and crowing about how great you are at it.

Damn I could never do this representative job. Kudos to those of you who can. When people are stupid AND condescending, I cant help but to jump down their throats.

TheronFett
07.15.2013 , 02:55 AM | #54
Another nomination for FeralPug aka Jerc.

Yngow
07.15.2013 , 04:24 AM | #55
Well, the representative is not supposed to be the best player ever, its supposed to be someone who understands not only his class but the others and how balanced you class is compared to others, if you are the sole guy who can use a spec on its full potential it just means that its really really broken and if you don't see a problem with that you would be a terrible class representative.

I have a shadow tank and I have successfully tanked pretty much every content in game, it doesn't mean in any way that shadows are balanced and that people who complain just suck.
Empire/Republic of TAW - Prophecy of the Five
Illyan - Powertech ; Lellian - Jedi Sentinel ; Le'lian - Scoundrel ; L'aayla - Sith Juggernaut ; Harrden - Commando ; Lellyana - Sith Sorcerer ; Viagro - Sniper ; Lelsara - Jedi Shadow

Ottoattack
07.15.2013 , 09:04 AM | #56
I have not seen FeralPug post in the forums since the expansion, but since there is consensus that he is a highly competent person who understands the class and PvP and PvE environment he defiantly gets my vote.

If FeralPug is not available, Brunner_Venda and Sardonyyx are active on the forms and have knowledge of the class, PvP, PvE environments and are respectful of other players point of view.

As other posters noted, representative does not have to be best player. He/she needs the following:

1- Understand the class very well, including all three trees and hybrids.
2- Understand PvP environment, how other classes can perform and where PT stands in comparison.
3- Understand PvE environment, how other classes can perform and where PT stands in comparison.
4- Have solid writing communication skills.
5- Respectful of others point of view.

Herbzta
07.15.2013 , 02:14 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
Count my nomination for FeralPug/Jerc Starr. I've fought him before, he has my respect. He understands PVP inside and out, and the fact that he's not a douche is a huge bonus.
agreed!
<Parasite>

Brunner_Venda
07.16.2013 , 02:13 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
If FeralPug is not available, Brunner_Venda and Sardonyyx are active on the forms and have knowledge of the class, PvP, PvE environments and are respectful of other players point of view.
What? Thanks but.. Hell no, not me.

I used to be bounty hunter "senator" in that other Star Wars game. It sucked something terrible. You spend all of your time listening to players, and running interference for devs. Meanwhile the devs just ignore you and don't care. They do whatever the hell they want, when they want, while you get to take the heat for them as a 'representative'. Sorry, I don't work for free. Getting the special 'forum badge' and access to the special 'galactic senator forum' wasn't worth it.

Besides, I'm a ginormous douche bag on these forums and I like it that way. Insulting Bioware is an art I intend to perfect. Lastly, I can't stand the PVE raiding game (although I do enjoy the regular storylines).

Escaflownae
07.16.2013 , 11:34 AM | #59
Well I'm coming back into the game now. While I've been out for a while I did create several of the How to Tank guides and one is still on these forums. I plan on getting back into creating guides and will be doing video walkthroughs of content.

Here is a link to previous guide: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=158355

I'm starting to think that the game is on it's way back up. As long as the new Bioware wants to get dirty and focus on the issues then swtor can be revived.

If no one else wants to try to take on the of representing the class then I for sure will as my main focus is recreating my old vanguard as a powertech since my old guild disbanded.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the strength to do what is right in the face of it.

Luxidenstore
07.17.2013 , 01:43 PM | #60
I'm a Vanguard, but I personally like the PT community a bit more, so I'd like to cast my vote here for FeralPug, who I feel is the best candidate. I like his views and the way he comes across in his posts, respectful and constructive, but still giving critisism to the issues that needs it. The fact that he seems very knowledgeable about the class, obviously helps in pinpointing the exact issues that needs fixing the most.

Since we have a lot of roles and playstyles to cover, be it tanking vs DPS, PvE vs PvP, I hope however gets chosen will coordinate their questions with the VG representative in order to get as many important questions answered as possible for each role.
Only healed myself to 99% - FAIL!