Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardian Class Representative

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight > Guardian
Guardian Class Representative

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

acguitarplayer
07.25.2013 , 11:03 AM | #61
I vote for Grallmate

VitalityPrime
07.25.2013 , 11:18 AM | #62
I won't vote.

No single player should have this control.

An actual dev should be the one choosing the 3 topics based on what the player base wants changed.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness, in balance with chaos and harmony...immortal in the force.

Kitru
07.25.2013 , 12:09 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
An actual dev should be the one choosing the 3 topics based on what the player base wants changed.
The issue is that the devs aren't aware of what the player base wants changed. The entire point of the class rep is that the rep is supposed to compile the issues and then choose the 3 most important ones to present to the devs.

Keep in mind, the class rep isn't going to be telling the devs what to work on. The primary goal is to foster communication between the devs and the community by allowing the community rep 3 questions that are *guaranteed* answers from the combat team every month. While it has the added side effect of making sure that the devs are actually *aware* of what the community is worried/curious about, the primary goal is simply creating a dialogue with the devs that the players have been wanting for a long while.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

JMNeves
08.26.2013 , 08:58 AM | #64
Well the guardian representative has been quite inactive, and if we were to do votes again, my vote would be with Exadon for sure. Can't think of a better and more active guardian.

Keleus
10.30.2013 , 11:54 PM | #65
Whoever we pick we need to do it asap because uh, 2.5 is rapidly approaching and our "changes" look like a dog's buttocks
ị█████{||}▓▓▓▓|Ξ|/██████████████████████████████████)

JefferyClark
11.01.2013 , 11:33 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Keleus View Post
Whoever we pick we need to do it asap because uh, 2.5 is rapidly approaching and our "changes" look like a dog's buttocks
Whoever our rep is should play a Guardian as their main and preferred character as well as be very active on the forums, helping to keep discussions moving forward and even breaking ideas out of threads that need their own thread. They also need to not put personal ideas and beliefs above the majority opinion (reading some of the other classes' forums I see this a lot). Finally, I think they need to be versed in both endgame pve and pvp. I would volunteer, but I know of others who have been around the forums more than I have.

*By preferred character, I mean that when they are not leveling alts or filling a needed role in ops/pvp teams, they play their Guardian.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five

Keleus
11.02.2013 , 10:39 AM | #67
I actually fit that criteria, since my Guardian is the only toon I have at 55 since Beta, but sadly I tend to work a lot and I'm not sure if I can really fill that role.
ị█████{||}▓▓▓▓|Ξ|/██████████████████████████████████)

Riivan
11.02.2013 , 12:38 PM | #68
I'd do it, but I am pretty sure how I feel about the class and how everyone else feels don't line up. That's not to say I would be so arrogant as to go against the will of the forums. But in other threads it's pretty clear to see that aside from a couple of you, we don't see eye to eye on the future of the Guardian class.

Alec_Fortescue
11.06.2013 , 02:05 PM | #69
Vote me for the class rep. I'll make a more detailed thread soon ;]

I will hold a lottery with Czerka Crate-O-Matic (not paying for xfers!) for all who voted. Provided that I win. Democracy at its finest!
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

VitalityPrime
11.06.2013 , 02:08 PM | #70
Yeah, we definitely need to vote for a new Rep.

Is this something we do on our own...or do the devs need to actually acknowledge this and poll the votes themselves?
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness, in balance with chaos and harmony...immortal in the force.