Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardian Class Representative

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight > Guardian
Guardian Class Representative

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

demannn
07.11.2013 , 04:21 PM | #41
I vote Debs
The Art of Warfare Premier Online Gaming Community
TAW Website | TAW Games | TAW Recruiting Post | APPLY HERE

Jaevyn
07.11.2013 , 05:17 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Because they're afraid of those theories actually getting vetted openly? Private theorycrafting is all well and good but it does the community no good and is, honestly, *way* less likely to be anything approaching accurate since it's drawing upon a smaller knowledge base. Just because WoW had minute, paranoid, and isolated theorycrafting communities doesn't mean that TOR is the same.

In fact, TOR actually has one of the best theorycrafting communities because we *don't* keep our theories to ourselves and our guilds. I've yet to see a single guild that packs private theorycrafting that gets anywhere *near* the quality of the stuff that's done here (and, yes, I've dealt with a *lot* of guilds that do the whole "we only theorycraft with ourselves" thing; all of their stuff uses outmoded and simplistic models with inaccurate and flawed information).

Try actually looking at the theorycrafting done here and *understanding* the underlying principles before you blanket dismiss it because it doesn't agree with the theorycrafting done by people that relegate themselves to the ivory tower and are afraid of actually having that information proven wrong or contradicted by outside sources.
On a personal note I believe that theorycrafting is based more on personal experience than number crunching, though it does have its place. As for theorycrafting on forums, I know a lot of theorycrafters who simply do not have the time to go into a lot of detail about how they justify their theories, and to me it simply doesn't matter. In my opinion it is the results that vindicate whether a theory has merits or not.

By the way, it is true of many high level guilds that they keep their theories to themselves.
Level 55 Guardian Tank, 7/7 SV HM, 5/5 TFB HM

Xinika
07.11.2013 , 07:04 PM | #43
Ladispute for Guardian Rep. (Raynd)
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Xacuter
07.11.2013 , 07:04 PM | #44
Ladispute gets my Nomination! (Raynd)
Amigo

NamikazeNaruto
07.11.2013 , 07:05 PM | #45
I nominate Raynd(Ladispute) for Guardian Rep aka Master Meatball.

Raynd
07.11.2013 , 07:07 PM | #46
Nyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo
Ladispute 55 Guardian.
<Watchmen>

OldSpiceSwag
07.11.2013 , 07:32 PM | #47
Liege

Darkshadz
07.12.2013 , 01:06 AM | #48
I nominate AndrewPast!

Marb
07.12.2013 , 01:46 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaevyn View Post
By the way, it is true of many high level guilds that they keep their theories to themselves.
By the sound of how they arrive at those theories It's probably a good thing. Combat logs show us what actually happens. Observation and subjective accounts are irrelevant when they are in contrast to actual numbers gathered from logs. I suspect they keep quiet because they can't substantiate their method beyond "healer tells me I'm easier to heal".
Zerkhan - Harbinger

Luckeyduckey
07.13.2013 , 10:59 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkshadz View Post
I nominate AndrewPast!
Same. AndrewPast for Rep.

ssfish too.