Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Karpyshyn's Surik vs Avellone's Exile.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Karpyshyn's Surik vs Avellone's Exile.

LadyKulvax
07.10.2013 , 01:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well Malachor V is a nexus of the darkside, I don't see why he wouldn't be amped with the energies living or not. Though its not like ship lifting is anything new really.
I just thought like any other force energy he'd devour any Dark Side force power too, that seems to be what is suggested, he devours any Force energy, not just the regular Light type.

What am saying, is it would just feed him not empower him, whether there is a proper difference I'm not sure.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

Wolfninjajedi
07.10.2013 , 01:33 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I just thought like any other force energy he'd devour any Dark Side force power too, that seems to be what is suggested, he devours any Force energy, not just the regular Light type.

What am saying, is it would just feed him not empower him, whether there is a proper difference I'm not sure.
/Shrug

Eh who knows.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LadyKulvax
07.10.2013 , 01:35 PM | #23
Oh and he did use some dark variation of Force Sever to strip Traya of her power.
Battle Honour

Wolfninjajedi
07.10.2013 , 01:42 PM | #24
Oh and he did use some dark variation of Force Sever to strip Traya of her power.
With Sion's help in both kicking the crap outta her.

LadyKulvax
07.10.2013 , 01:45 PM | #25
With Sion's help in both kicking the crap outta her.
Well Nihilus force pushes her into the wall, severs her connection as seen when she fails to call upon her lightsaber and then Sion just starts physically assaulting her.

We see in the cut content that Traya would put Sion on his arse.
Battle Honour

Wolfninjajedi
07.10.2013 , 01:47 PM | #26
Well Nihilus force pushes her into the wall, severs her connection as seen when she fails to call upon her lightsaber and then Sion just starts physically assaulting her.

We see in the cut content that Traya would put Sion on his arse.
True...though is cut content canon?

LadyKulvax
07.10.2013 , 01:49 PM | #27
True...though is cut content canon?
Probably not, though it is significant that all of it would be patched in by Obsidian if LucasArts had allowed them to.
Also, other cut content has been made canon since the release of the game.
Battle Honour

Wolfninjajedi
07.10.2013 , 01:51 PM | #28
Probably not, though it is significant that all of it would be patched in by Obsidian if LucasArts had allowed them to.
Also, other cut content has been made canon since the release of the game.
The scene just though is rather small, hence the questioning of it.

Edit: Disregard that bit before.

Aurbere
07.10.2013 , 01:55 PM | #29
He even visits Dromund Kaas and is unable to call out through the Force to the Jedi, due to the sheer magnitude of Dark Side energy on the planet and decides it would be better to leave as his power had little effect in the area.

Thank you for pointing this out, I now have canon evidence to back my claim up.
No problem, though I don't recall when Yoda visted Dromund Kaas.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BradTheImpaler
07.10.2013 , 03:00 PM | #30
About her force bonds...I know she had a propensity to form those well before Malachor V, but could the Trayus Academy's destruction and possible healing of her wound have affected this, somehow?

As for the Jedi Temple, it's not as if she flew straight to Coruscant from Malachor V. The Jedi had at least some time to rebuild, and there were other survivors who had abandoned the Order. So that makes some sense of it, but still...can't explain their disdain for her.

Anyway, generally speaking, I agree with you, OP.

About her force bonds...I know she had a propensity to form those well before Malachor V, but could the Trayus Academy's destruction and possible healing of her wound have affected this, somehow?

As for the Jedi Temple, it's not as if she flew straight to Coruscant from Malachor V. The Jedi had at least some time to rebuild, and there were other survivors who had abandoned the Order. So that makes some sense of it, but still...can't explain their disdain for her.

Anyway, generally speaking, I agree with you, OP.

EDIT: As for the talk with Atris, I don't remember getting dark side points just for disagreeing with her, and I remember that in her first vision in Ludo Kressh's tomb on Korriban, you can say to Malak "I wouldn't do anything differently. My choices have made me the person I am today", but still refuse to join him in Revan's Sith Empire and not get dark side points.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.