Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Karpyshyn's Surik vs Avellone's Exile.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Karpyshyn's Surik vs Avellone's Exile.

LadyKulvax
07.10.2013 , 12:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
wouldn't weakening Meetra's lightside power also weaken Revan's would you say that the 3 sith meetra beat are stronger or weaker then Malak. The only way I generally see it working is the Novel is right the game is an exaggeration since novel's take priorities over games and that Nihilus Sion and Traya weren't as powerful as people think.
Revan can call on the Dark Side as well, the Exile can't.

Also I'd definitely say that Nihilus is, Sion is questionable as he's been killing Jedi since the Exar Kun War and Traya never really did display her power but we know that she was definitely intended to be the only one truly powerful, in the cut content she actually chokes out Sion with her mind.

I'd wager Malak is a better duellist than all three, but beyond that he's outmatched.

Also, how can you exaggerate Nihilus, he's basically a Dark Side wormhole that sucks everything in.

Also that would only be valid if they had only appeared in a game, they have appeared in far more than just the Sith Lords.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

mefit
07.10.2013 , 12:29 PM | #12
This again
Book is Canon

Chris took the Rarest of Skills and gave them to his creations to make each more powerful than most Characters in the SW Universe plain and simple.

While I like KotoR II , all this Obisidian Spam is getting wack ...........been trying to stay out these forums because always the same people saying the same things over and over .

Force Foresight does not work in every situation , it did not save Sidious in any period where he was going and did die . He was one of the Greatest users of Force Foresight and while Meetra (Exile whom did not have a name until someone else came along and filled that not Chris) is a powerful force user , she is not able to walk in the shadow of Sidious much like Drew's Revan .............

Drew's Revan might be overly thought out by the fans of Revan but Drew did not make him a God and it was Drew that also was apart of writing Foundry in which Revan originally died . Last I checked Gods do not Die .
While Chris's sithlords each has the extreme of the powers that are Rare ........ just saying.

And people say Revan fans are the only ones who make their Character into more than it is ........
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

LadyKulvax
07.10.2013 , 12:30 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Then why not simply leave it at that?
Because I am trying to fix a broken character.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

LadyKulvax
07.10.2013 , 12:32 PM | #14
Mefit well done on taking a topic to mean something completely different for the 273rd time you've commented and turning it into a flame war for no good reason. *applauds*
Jedi Order

Aurbere
07.10.2013 , 12:41 PM | #15
This can only be considered to be one thing: character murder through utter ignorance. Now we can try to repair some things, but many inconsistencies will still linger.

Concerning this:

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Dromund Kaas weakens Light Side force users, combine this with her near fatal stroll on Nathema and the enhancing effects of Dromund Kaas and the numerous dark side temples, etc... that Vitiate built purposefully for the enhancing of Dark Side power on the planet and Surik may have simply been unable to use her full power
I often theorize that this is the same for Yoda, regarding the emergence of the Dark Side and his subsequent inability to lift all of the Muntuur Stones.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

LadyKulvax
07.10.2013 , 12:51 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I often theorize that this is the same for Yoda, regarding the emergence of the Dark Side and his subsequent inability to lift all of the Muntuur Stones.
He even visits Dromund Kaas and is unable to call out through the Force to the Jedi, due to the sheer magnitude of Dark Side energy on the planet and decides it would be better to leave as his power had little effect in the area.

Thank you for pointing this out, I now have canon evidence to back my claim up.
Jedi Order

Wolfninjajedi
07.10.2013 , 01:21 PM | #17

Also I'd definitely say that Nihilus is, Sion is questionable as he's been killing Jedi since the Exar Kun War and Traya never really did display her power but we know that she was definitely intended to be the only one truly powerful, in the cut content she actually chokes out Sion with her mind.

I'd wager Malak is a better duellist than all three, but beyond that he's outmatched.

Also, how can you exaggerate Nihilus, he's basically a Dark Side wormhole that sucks everything in.

Also that would only be valid if they had only appeared in a game, they have appeared in far more than just the Sith Lords.
Well Nihilus is just one big Force Draining guy, I mean aside from that he doesn't have anything. He has one TK feat of lifting the Ravager out from Malachor V which no doubt amped his abilities and then held it together which is impressive. But as far as combat goes, there isn't really anything for him.

Edit: Wait actually he did Force Stasis Surik, Visas and Canderous so there is another thing.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LadyKulvax
07.10.2013 , 01:23 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well Nihilus is just one big Force Draining guy, I mean aside from that he doesn't have anything. He has one TK feat of lifting the Ravager out from Malachor V which no doubt amped his abilities and then held it together which is impressive. But as far as combat goes, there isn't really anything for him.
I honestly don't know how you could amp Nihilus, i have always seen him as a Force Entity not a Force User, I think he stopped being an actual person the moment he transferred his essence to his armor.
Jedi Order

tunewalker
07.10.2013 , 01:26 PM | #19

that's actually a really good explanation I like it carry on.

Wolfninjajedi
07.10.2013 , 01:27 PM | #20
I honestly don't know how you could amp Nihilus, i have always seen him as a Force Entity not a Force User, I think he stopped being an actual person the moment he transferred his essence to his armor.
Well Malachor V is a nexus of the darkside, I don't see why he wouldn't be amped with the energies living or not. Though its not like ship lifting is anything new really.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.