Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dat jump.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chicktopus's Avatar


Chicktopus
07.10.2013 , 11:34 AM | #21
Placing a newly discovered bug on a backlog of tasks is standard software development practice. The bug will be prioritised (based on severity) and fixed relative to other work within the responsible team. Unless the bug is literally breaks the product, it won't be fixed immediately.

Reijikageyama's Avatar


Reijikageyama
07.10.2013 , 11:41 AM | #22
These bugs are disgusting and unacceptable and need to be squashed ASAP! Okay, 2.2.3. , how many weeks do we have to endure ridiculous slow-mo jumping and irritating stubbornly non-fading chat windows? If they produce such bugs with just a minor patch, imagine how many things 2.3, a major patch, would break!!!!!

Glower's Avatar


Glower
07.10.2013 , 11:41 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Chicktopus View Post
Placing a newly discovered bug on a backlog of tasks is standard software development practice. The bug will be prioritised (based on severity) and fixed relative to other work within the responsible team. Unless the bug is literally breaks the product, it won't be fixed immediately.
So.... Not so SOON™?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

minty's Avatar


minty
07.10.2013 , 11:45 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
what happened to it?

Why?

and most importantly... how?
just logged in, wow that's bad.

i fear we may have to revoke all the QA guys internets for this.
"I heal, YOUR FACE!!"

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
07.10.2013 , 11:48 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Descent View Post
HAHA. Possibly the most ridiculous and sickening thing I've ever heard from a developer. We'll work on getting a problem written down on a list somewhere. Do you know how utterly ridiculous that sounds?

Almost as ridiculous as what you just typed. They made a mistake, created a bug, and are working on it. Please, tell me the last time a corporation came out and not only admitted there IS an issue, but took ownership of it and is working to resolve it. Your post is only funny to you, and those like you who think their armchair development skills rival that of a company who actually does it for a living.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

paowee's Avatar


paowee
07.10.2013 , 11:51 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Descent View Post
HAHA. Possibly the most ridiculous and sickening thing I've ever heard from a developer. We'll work on getting a problem written down on a list somewhere. Do you know how utterly ridiculous that sounds?
Possibly just a "typo" error on eric's part. The way I INTERPRET it, they are going to put this on the list of things to fix.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

ApostleThirst's Avatar


ApostleThirst
07.10.2013 , 12:01 PM | #27
Wow. A dev takes the time to regularly respond to the major threads and even this one, and you guys are hitting him for telling you the issue is being addressed? Kinda a douchebag move, don't you think?

Braxxiss's Avatar


Braxxiss
07.10.2013 , 12:03 PM | #28
I think it was just poor wording. I don't think he is saying it will take work to get it put on the list, but that now that it has been brought to his attention, he will put it on the list.
Sword in a Box. Never forget.

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
07.10.2013 , 12:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ApostleThirst View Post
Wow. A dev takes the time to regularly respond to the major threads and even this one, and you guys are hitting him for telling you the issue is being addressed? Kinda a douchebag move, don't you think?

Agreed.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Glower's Avatar


Glower
07.10.2013 , 12:05 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ApostleThirst View Post
Wow. A dev takes the time to regularly respond to the major threads and even this one, and you guys are hitting him for telling you the issue is being addressed? Kinda a douchebag move, don't you think?
Not addressed, but added to text list...

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey guys,

There is a bug where when you jump, your character does their jump animation as if they had their weapon drawn even if it isn't. This is a bug and we will work on getting it placed on the known issues list.

-eric
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)