Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Supreme Mogulís Contraband Pack

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Supreme Mogulís Contraband Pack
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LtGeneralGezlin
07.09.2013 , 03:42 PM | #11
I think my female merc might get Mira's armor... The Relnexís Armor Set is pretty cool, same with the Diabolist Armor Set. Not sure about the Adept Scout Armor Set. I might use the Alderaan house armors when i record my Agent. But the Advanced Copper Crystal is smexy!
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

mistformsquirrel
07.09.2013 , 03:53 PM | #12
The only two things in the entire pack that interest me are the Volatile Derelict sabers. I love the Derelict saber hilts, and I love the Volatile effect, so those two things are nice.

The Primordial Assault Cannon Besh is OK, the Primordial Sniper Rifle Besh is... meh, I actually prefer the standard version.* The Primarodial Blaster Pistol Besh is "ok"... still hate the Primordial Blaster Rifle. Had you just given the thing a stock it might have been interesting, but without a stock it just looks goofy imo.

I'm not a fan of something as basic as hood down Jedi robes being in Cartel Packs btw... that's something that should go up on the regular market, not in a gamble pack that's going to go away eventually. I don't mind more exotic stuff being in gamble packs (though I'd still prefer to buy it outright); but traditional Jedi robes just seems low.

Finally... something that's really starting to annoy me: Why does every other class get stuff they could reasonably wear, particularly Jedi... but the poor Trooper gets next to nothing? Agents, Smugglers and Bounty Hunters can all wear standard civilian clothes or light armors of various description without issue, Jedi and Sith are both specially catered to routinely... but the Trooper seems to get just about nadda. I grant, putting a big old republic logo on heavy armor does pretty much mean "This is trooper gear" and excludes most other classes... but c'mon, it's not like you don't already do that with Jedi and Sith gear.

And no, for the record, huttball uniforms don't count. Without those giant shoulderpads they might actually be workable, but... no, just no.

*Why on earth have a holographic targeting sight next to the scope? I do not understand the purpose of this... at all.

Gwena
07.09.2013 , 04:19 PM | #13
I can't wait for the Diabolist set! Simple and sleek, with a nice wrap-around look -- exactly what I want for my Sith. They remind me of the ol' level 11 Inquisitor's robes, but with the hood up. The Panteer set looks pretty snazzy too, might have to pick it up for a Companion.

And Bioware artists, thank you for not making Mira's armor "female only" or giving the guys a full-coverage version.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

TheSeventhJedi
07.09.2013 , 04:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
And here goes the enthusiasm... pants are missing something :l http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/3380.jpg

See the the textures resembling hanging cloth from the vest, beneath the waist? :/ Pls bio, add the textures... I want this on my sage :L
I thought something looked off about them. I got no problem rocking Jolee's set until they fix them though.

Alec_Fortescue
07.09.2013 , 04:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
I thought something looked off about them. I got no problem rocking Jolee's set until they fix them though.
I can wear battle expulsor's or medium counter part on sentinel. But the sage is the problem! :P
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

LtGeneralGezlin
07.09.2013 , 04:33 PM | #16
Looks like I'm one of the few people happy with the Relnexís Armor Set.... So, it's missing two little flaps... It's a normal brown Jedi Robe.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Rhalius
07.09.2013 , 04:33 PM | #17
Some good stuff there, a good come back after the last pack being a bit poor.

Last pack did have great blasters as the only good things added, but I feel that the versions in this new pack just ruin the design with flashy effects. Its not needed. The less flashy effects the better. That goes for the entire game by the way.

Stuff I like are the mira's outfit though it could have been a bit darker green, and the relnex robes. Sadly still with short sleeves, but its good to see a descent jedi robe without a hood up for once. A bit sad actually that people had to wait so long for this.

The other armors are kind of alright, nothing great and pretty much just slight color variations of whats already in the game. If recoloreable, that scout jacket might be pretty neat.

Dyes are too loud, like pretty much all dyes already in the game. I'd like to see more subtle colors added.
Jedi Knight Gost Ganar
Member of The Praxeum Multi National Jedi RP Guild
"Defender of the people."

Tatanka
07.09.2013 , 04:34 PM | #18
Facebook? Did you guys run out of hosting space on your own site?
Leadership is a matter of intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and discipline...
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"

Kesphin
07.09.2013 , 05:06 PM | #19
Woot! Another cartel pack to spend all my money on gambling and recolored stuff!!! After all, children and wife can eat next month.

Youthgw
07.09.2013 , 05:43 PM | #20
Whats with all the packs coming out every other week? instead of trying to find more ways of getting your players to spend money why not fix your game? speaking from a player thats played since beta/launch and still noticing bugs that were in the game 6 months ago...
Sometimes You Have to Enter The Darkness To Save The Light Tdot - Infiltration Shadow - The Bastion