Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware please make weekly polls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware please make weekly polls
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Joesixxpack
07.09.2013 , 10:50 AM | #11
Some player-created polls have brought the yellow text in. I'd like to see polls from staff periodically.

Doesn't seem to fit with BWs style though on the other hand. They're pretty shy about open-ended communications.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

TUXs
07.09.2013 , 10:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
Now in game polls when you log in... those would be useful. I remember SOE doing that with EverQuest very often between 2000-2004. One vote per account, presented to all active players, response required. Win win there.
They have this ability (in-game polls). They used them quite extensively in beta. I think this would be a fantastic way to get feedback.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

ImperialSun
07.09.2013 , 11:00 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
They have this ability (in-game polls). They used them quite extensively in beta. I think this would be a fantastic way to get feedback.
I support the poll suggestion wholeheartedly...

But come on Tux....you know as we'll as I do the OPs post history speaks volumes and I've known you to nail lesser trolls for well...less

Stop playing devils advocate....

OP has made this thread for no other reason other than derailing it herself in order to make yet another dig at the subscriber gift...

Driz.

ELRunninW
07.09.2013 , 11:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
You want to find out what subscribers want?
I do not think this is the idea behind it. Moderators ask question in forums to give everyone an idea they actually care what people think or want. Polls on the other hand could be seen as binding. Someone may as one day about that pool from month ago and what is being done to implement the idea that won the day.

Very bad idea imo, besides question or pool, what's the difference? Also implementing pool into the software behind forum may actually require an effort.

TUXs
07.09.2013 , 11:15 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
I support the poll suggestion wholeheartedly...

But come on Tux....you know as we'll as I do the OPs post history speaks volumes and I've known you to nail lesser trolls for well...less

Stop playing devils advocate....

OP has made this thread for no other reason other than derailing it herself in order to make yet another dig at the subscriber gift...

Driz.
Then don't feed him. You don't need to reply to this OP.

I didn't mind the gift myself, but it's kinda like your favorite restaurant giving you a $5 gift card for your next visit...it's self serving. Kind? Sure. Does it make me feel valuable? No.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

ELRunninW
07.09.2013 , 11:20 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
At the very least, forum polls would guarantee only subscribers get to vote.
Good point

Izorii
07.09.2013 , 11:28 AM | #17
I imagine the daily questions are here to show more interaction with the community but really the questions have become a bit lame. It use to be a yellow post appeared on a thread and it would gain 100 extra post in an hour. Now I don't even bother checking the question of the day.

I agree with the poll. I really want to get my species suggestions over the only issue I can see is how many polls will they have and would a poll like what is the next species, planet, class or speeder cause people to read into the poll they are working on this and will listen to the players. When BW see it as just a bit of fun and have no action to plan it.

branmakmuffin
07.09.2013 , 11:40 AM | #18
A bit like the 500cc we got? Yet that was given to us without poll or a choice...
I knew any thread started by you was just another troll thread about either Treek or the 500 CC award.

Darth_Moonshadow
07.09.2013 , 11:53 AM | #19
. And you must be pretty creepy to get kicks out of picking on 15 year old girls over the internet.
Unless it's over Facebook, then it's called "High School Politics".
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Inflicktion
07.09.2013 , 11:53 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
Everything we've gotten in the game so far has been done without a poll. Your argument is invalid.
Not entirely true, we did pick the Party Jawa. BW used to take polls semi-regularly before launch and that input was supposed to matter to some extent. They're claiming to listen to customer feedback in other regards of the game. They've said they're going to ask us what species we want next out of 3, and it'll be Torgruta, which the community has also been asking for. I agree with you to the extent that polls shouldn't be the ultimate deciding factor on anything too big, but it would be a nice addition to provide more accurate feedback. As well as get a better feel for what direction BW is going.

Edit- We were also polled on how we would like our content/ expansions delivered as well. Monthly polls would probably be a bit more realistic though.