Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bioware please make weekly polls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware please make weekly polls
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
07.09.2013 , 10:20 AM | #1
You want to find out what subscribers want?

Instead of question of the day, make polls about what your paying customers want.

For example:

What playable species would you like to see next?

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

Seriously Bioware make a weekly poll with a few questions, or even one, find out what your subscribers want. Such a simple thing like polls can make so much difference, it gives the chance for you to see numbers, for the community to vote, and will improve your relationship with your subscribers, knowing that they are given the option to choose the future of this game...

How about...make the most voted example for free...the other 2 would be on the CM...and tradeable by players...

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Another reason is that you have to realize how much of a minority of players actually use the forums. Without looking at the actual numbers and guessing from the top of my head, I would say less than 5% of our subscribers use the forums regularly. Keep in mind that even less than that % would even answer the poll. That is a pretty tiny group of folks to let make actionable decisions on, which is why we use a lot of facets of data (including the forums) to make decisions, and not them alone.

-eric
Oh so thats why. The 5% of forum users don't matter.

Why should people who don't vote or use the forums get a say in this? And ruin it for the people who voted just because the majority didnt vote?

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
07.09.2013 , 10:35 AM | #2

Polls are a slippery slope. No one will ever want the same thing, and the majority on the pole would win each time. If there is one constant certainty about MMO players: They don't have any CLUE what they want. 2M players could all want something different, and the BW has to gently let them all down. The WoW fan-site and MMO-Champs are good reasons why polls should never be used as a content gauge.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
07.09.2013 , 10:36 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post

Polls are a slippery slope. No one will ever want the same thing, and the majority on the pole would win each time. If there is one constant certainty about MMO players: They don't have any CLUE what they want. 2M players could all want something different, and the BW has to gently let them all down. The WoW fan-site and MMO-Champs are good reasons why polls should never be used as a content gauge.
A bit like the 500cc we got? Yet that was given to us without poll or a choice...

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
07.09.2013 , 10:38 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
A bit like the 500cc we got? Yet that was given to us without poll or a choice...
Everything we've gotten in the game so far has been done without a poll. Your argument is invalid.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
07.09.2013 , 10:39 AM | #5
They should make polls on what kind of armor we want in the game. Presenting us some sketches, artwork and then asking which one we'd like. That would be sound.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
07.09.2013 , 10:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
They should make polls on what kind of armor we want in the game.

That poll would likely have Gold Bikinis at the top of the list, followed by black on black ninja gear. Giving the public a voice is not always wise. Just look at the OP and her posts.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

UltimateKrucible's Avatar


UltimateKrucible
07.09.2013 , 10:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
They should make polls on what kind of armor we want in the game. Presenting us some sketches, artwork and then asking which one we'd like. That would be sound.
Ha!

Imp poll:

Do you want armour with:

1) Spikes

2) Lots of spikes

3) More spikes

4) Spikes.

Rep Poll:

Do you want armour with:

1) Shoulderpads

2) Shoulder Pads

3) Pads in the shoulders

4) Padded shoulders.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
07.09.2013 , 10:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
Everything we've gotten in the game so far has been done without a poll. Your argument is invalid.
No its not. Ive just said the 500cc was given to us without a poll....essentially you are agreeing with me. My argument is perfectly valid.

But there really needs to be polls.

Tatanka's Avatar


Tatanka
07.09.2013 , 10:46 AM | #9
At the very least, forum polls would guarantee only subscribers get to vote.

That said, forum polls have very limited feedback use due to the minority participation of users that actually visit the forums.

Now in game polls when you log in... those would be useful. I remember SOE doing that with EverQuest very often between 2000-2004. One vote per account, presented to all active players, response required. Win win there.
Leadership is a matter of intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and discipline...
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
07.09.2013 , 10:48 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
No its not. Ive just said the 500cc was given to us without a poll....essentially you are agreeing with me. My argument is perfectly valid.

But there really needs to be polls.

Was there a poll about the new expansion? Or what kind of new items to add to the CM? Was there a poll somewhere asking to have Cathar made into a playable race? My point is, polls are subjective and seldom are they ever accurate. As much as it "sounds" like a good idea, it would be like asking an auditorium at an elementary school to all shout out what they want for lunch. Not exactly accurately assessing the demographic.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy