Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone got any information on the average amount that Bubble "heals"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Anyone got any information on the average amount that Bubble "heals"?

Orderken
07.19.2013 , 08:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
It's actually more than that. Most min-maxed 72 geared healers are going to see bubble heals in the vicinity of 9k.
No.

Static Barrier|Force Armor can't crit and, for a given value of Bonus Healing, always absorbs the same amount of damage that would otherwise be taken.

With BIS Kell Dragon gear for healing and 2 skill points in Lightning Barrier|Telekinetic Defense, Static Barrier|Force Armor absorbs 7634 with simultaneously active (1) Nano-Infused Triage Adrenal (+675 Power), (2) Kell Dragon Serendipitous Assault relic (+595 Power), and (3) Kell Dragon Boundless Ages relic (+460 Power).

Only with further simultaneous buffs from (4) Assassin's Shelter|Shadow's Shelter and (5) Bloodthirst|Inspiration might a Static Barrier|Force Armor absorb 9k. I doubt, however, that either Shelter or Bloodthirst|Inspiration applies to Static Barrier|Force Armor. The tooltips for these abilities refer to heals only. Buffs to "healing received", such as the 8% buff from the Sorcerer|Sage skill Empty Body|Pain Bearer or the 1% buff from Legacy/Companion, don't apply to Static Barrier|Force Armor.

I provided the correct amount absorbed in my previous reply in this thread.
Orderken, <Hates You>, Prophecy of the Five
Guides for Healing - Sorcerer / Sage
Models for PVE Healing - Sorcerer or Sage / Mercenary or Commando / Operative or Scoundrel

RakeshZeal
08.25.2013 , 01:47 PM | #12
@Keyboardninja

If my bonus healing was 1146~ what would my bubble absorb?
-The Harbingers Legacy

Orderken
08.26.2013 , 01:59 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RakeshZeal View Post
If my bonus healing was 1146~ what would my bubble absorb?
At level 55, with Bonus Healing of 1146 and 2 skill points in Lightning Barrier|Telekinetic Defense, your Static Barrier|Force Armor would absorb up to 6139 damage taken.
Orderken, <Hates You>, Prophecy of the Five
Guides for Healing - Sorcerer / Sage
Models for PVE Healing - Sorcerer or Sage / Mercenary or Commando / Operative or Scoundrel

Terrulin
08.29.2013 , 07:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Orderken View Post
At level 55, with Bonus Healing of 1146 and 2 skill points in Lightning Barrier|Telekinetic Defense, your Static Barrier|Force Armor would absorb up to 6139 damage taken.
9k is totally inaccurate. Have no idea where KBN is getting a number like that. But it is pretty clear Orderken knows what he is talking about.

Assuming you have rank 6 force armor, and you took the 10% talent in the TK tree then you have a fomula that rounds to about:
(healing bonus) * 3.6 + 2014 (assuming rank 6)
Which gives you 6139.6

The closest numbers I have, which arent perfect (no datamining), are 3.591658 and 2014.457244 which would give you roughly 6134.11. But those are based on a series of small hits which ends up absorbing slightly less due to rounding. Either way it is close enough to get you a ballpark. Remember this number goes up when you have a click power, power proc, triage adrenal, or attack adrenal active (anything that raises your bonus healing). Since it is not technically a heal, Force Armor is exempt from the healing penalty of the attack adrenal.
Sylinefriel - Sage Healer - <Redemption> - The Shadowlands
Scoundrel Healer, Commando DPS, Sage DPS, Sentinel DPS
Commando Healer, Guardian Tank
Sage Healing Guide - PVE