Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obsidian wants to make KotOR 3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Obsidian wants to make KotOR 3

Koolthulu
07.09.2013 , 12:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
The KotOR fans most likely translate into fans of the story when playing this game, the story in this game is so spread apart by filler questlines that it becomes hard to enjoy the momentum of the story, at least I find it this way.
"Quick you must stop the evil bad guy from destroying the planet! But first could you go pick up my dry cleaning and get some beers from the store?" Yeah, the side quests really do kill the story flow.

Personally, if someone does make another SW RPG, I hope it is set way in the future. Set it a couple hundred years past the Legacy comics or something.

Aurbere
07.09.2013 , 03:30 PM | #12
I would love to see a KOTOR 3 from Obsidian.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
07.09.2013 , 03:35 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I would love to see a KOTOR 3 from Obsidian.
It would be nice, I'm remembering actually that Obsidian got started on KOTOR 3 but was cancelled because of financial issues at Lucasarts or something...

Aurbere
07.09.2013 , 03:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
It would be nice, I'm remembering actually that Obsidian got started on KOTOR 3 but was cancelled because of financial issues at Lucasarts or something...
Really? Well, I hope that doesn't happen if this goes through. You can only play the first two games so much before you NEED a new one.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Jandi
07.09.2013 , 03:45 PM | #15
If they do, I can only hope they are allowed the time they need to actually finish making the game. This time. There is 300 years or so between KoTOR 2 and TOR so there's plenty of room to whip something up. Could easily be about the fledgeling Jedi order after the 2nd game to clarify how, exactly, did they go from 5 Jedi in the galaxy after KoTOR 2 to "thousands" by the time of the first war.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Beniboybling
07.09.2013 , 03:54 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Really? Well, I hope that doesn't happen if this goes through. You can only play the first two games so much before you NEED a new one.
Yup, here's a Wookiee article on it, they had concept art and everything.

Aurbere
07.09.2013 , 05:17 PM | #17
Yup, here's a Wookiee article on it, they had concept art and everything.
Sad. Very sad.

Girdeux
07.09.2013 , 08:40 PM | #18
Obsidian never started on Kotor 3 at all, that was Lucasarts internal team.

Baalzamon
07.09.2013 , 09:36 PM | #19
I would love a Kotor 3 .

BradTheImpaler
07.09.2013 , 10:34 PM | #20
I loved the story in KOTOR and didn't find that side-quests distracted from the flow at all. If anything they made the environments richer (i.e. the murder mystery on Dantooine).

That said, I'm surprisingly ambivalent about the idea, but then I haven't given it much thought since TOR came out and the terrible Foundry flashpoint was released.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.