Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage armor broken and or Kephess NiM broken.

gunte
07.09.2013 , 07:37 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrecklessone View Post
The only time I use my force barrier on that fight is for the jump, but when he targets me 3 times in a row, nothing much I can do about it. It one shots me, there is no time to heal, its instant death.
no it doesn't..
Aredun - Titans - The Red Eclipse EU
Glory is of no use to the dead.

Check out my youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/gunte11/videos

Wrecklessone
07.09.2013 , 07:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by gunte View Post
no it doesn't..
Yes it does. Right when he lands, I die. I go from 100% to 0%. There is no time at all to heal me, I die instantly.

judgeender
07.09.2013 , 08:06 AM | #13
Sages do seem to get hit worse than other classes by this ability due to our light armor. However, it is survivable if you are in full 72s with a sage bubble (one or two 69s is doable, much more and you are risking death as a sage) With that you will survive, though be at low health.
A couple things:
1) If you are a dps sage and have sage healer, make sure they bubble you since their bubble is typically better. Of course you need to be at 100% following the hit.
2) You can use Force Barrier if it is up. Depending on your group composition, there are some ways to minimize the need to use this earlier in the fight.
3) As a dps sage, jedi resistance can help a little bit as well.
4) make sure you really are min-maxed. Some people are still using an old (level 50) relic, but claim they are fully 72, and that is a large loss of endurance. Double check that you really are at the proper health level.

AAAAzrael
07.09.2013 , 08:06 AM | #14
Maybe there is some random bug there?

I was asked by some guildies to help with EC HM run a couple of weeks ago as a tank, and I thinking- OK, that's very easy now. And when I went in they were on Kephess and wiping for good 2 hours before I joined. We went in, executed all the tactics and went very smoothly to last phase where breath of the masters simply instantly killed me, and he proceeded to channel it on next tank instantly killing him and then other group members one by one. We left, reset the instance and killed him with no problem. Maybe there is some kind of similar once-in-a-while-kind-of-bug in there?

Combat log would help I think.

Leafy_Bug
07.09.2013 , 08:13 AM | #15
Gotta love kephess. Due to lag on a recent run, my BIS 72 2500 mitigation budget guardian co-tank got hit for 56k !!

Wrecklessone
07.09.2013 , 08:18 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by judgeender View Post
Sages do seem to get hit worse than other classes by this ability due to our light armor. However, it is survivable if you are in full 72s with a sage bubble (one or two 69s is doable, much more and you are risking death as a sage) With that you will survive, though be at low health.
A couple things:
1) If you are a dps sage and have sage healer, make sure they bubble you since their bubble is typically better. Of course you need to be at 100% following the hit.
2) You can use Force Barrier if it is up. Depending on your group composition, there are some ways to minimize the need to use this earlier in the fight.
3) As a dps sage, jedi resistance can help a little bit as well.
4) make sure you really are min-maxed. Some people are still using an old (level 50) relic, but claim they are fully 72, and that is a large loss of endurance. Double check that you really are at the proper health level.
I am sorc dps, the only sorc in the group. I do have full 72's and both uw relics, but it still one shots me with full health and my bubble. There shouldn't be any reason to use force barrier before the jump, so I do use it the first time he targets me. After that if he targets me again, i'm dead.

judgeender
07.09.2013 , 08:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrecklessone View Post
I am sorc dps, the only sorc in the group. I do have full 72's and both uw relics, but it still one shots me with full health and my bubble. There shouldn't be any reason to use force barrier before the jump, so I do use it the first time he targets me. After that if he targets me again, i'm dead.
Not sure what you are doing differently then. I was in full UW (including relics) the first time we did that fight and with my bubble, as a balance sage, I could survive it. I came out of it better if our healer bubbled me, but I was surviving it even with my own bubble.

Wrecklessone
07.09.2013 , 08:31 AM | #18
Not sure what you are doing differently then. I was in full UW (including relics) the first time we did that fight and with my bubble, as a balance sage, I could survive it. I came out of it better if our healer bubbled me, but I was surviving it even with my own bubble.
Are you stationary when he lands or are you moving?

judgeender
07.09.2013 , 08:42 AM | #19
Usually stationary by the time he lands.

Wrecklessone
07.09.2013 , 09:06 AM | #20
Usually stationary by the time he lands.
Well I have no clue why he one shots me.