Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is an easy flashpoint!/We outleveled it!

wainot-keel
07.10.2013 , 11:36 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by So-low View Post
If I didn't have to use group finder I wouldn't, but I do because of the 10 daily comm reward. My solution to slow tanks/heals (like the op) is to get a guildy who also wants basic comms to que with me. If the pulls are too slow or people don't spacebar we vote kick them then blow through the FP in under 15 minutes.

Let me be clear, the ONLY reason we are there is for the comms to buy isotope 5s. We do not care about the carebeares who want to watch the story in HM or want to take their time and practice their class.

If you cannot learn your role while leveling through content 1-55, then you do not deserve to run a HM.

Do yourself a favor and learn to appreciate the people who do this. We are getting you through the FP in minimal time and passing on all loot.

Oh, and before you say "well your going to wipe if you don't have a healer or tank" think again - our companions are much better geared and most likely skilled than you will likely ever be.
Do yourself a favor, do everybody a favor and queue a full group. You will be actually improving Group Finder and making a better game. Think about that. Don't deny us such improvement. Please.

Ottoattack
07.10.2013 , 01:57 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
When (and if) I run a flashpoint, I will run ahead and I will pull things. Why? Because I tend to have more health than the current tank as a DPS. I kill things fast enough that tanking is not necessary. I typically run with a healer from my guild that is capable of 2manning it.

Now, why would I sit around and wait for a tank to take his time and pull everything, when I could just do it for him and finish the place in a fraction of the time?
If you are running a 50 HM that's true, so I may give you a pass here, but again why are you running these to begin with. If you are running a 55 HM as dps, regardless of your gear, and you start tanking... I will 100% kick you, especially if I am the healer. And my healer is in mostly 72s.

And BTW, your efficiency as a tank has nothing to do with your HP. Mitigation is what counts. 25K HP tank is much stronger than 35K dps in terms of mitigating damage.

Obviousenuendo
07.10.2013 , 02:52 PM | #43
Being that my first and (until recently) only character was a jedi guardian, I was actually the one trying to dps rush since every FP I went into was green since I or..*We outleveled it!* all the way to 55, though sometimes dps would do a better job of that, as a tank, I welcomed it.
we're talking about normal modes here, if I go into a FP and I'm 6 levels above every single mob who can barley touch me, why should I as a tank or anyone for that matter who can get hit and not take damage have to wait on others? If my dps was better as a tank (not to mention having alittle more ranged utility) I'd be the one rushing the group, if a dps who is also 53 or w.e. in a FP with 47lvl max mobs, go ahead.
Hard mode? no, I remember when heroics first came out in wow, I remember trying to solo the lowest instance at max level hoping for more money and very little extra challenge and got destroyed, and I'm 99% certain it follows the same rules here. I never bothered to attempt them in that game and I won't for this one either, Mobs should never have that kind of power under any circumstance,
I'll stick with endgame pvp thanks.

Jeweledleah
07.10.2013 , 05:30 PM | #44
just to add something.

i can actually pull this off. I'm experienced enough to be able to do so. i can move between a split up group and keep it alive - split because dps decided to rush it and ran too far ahead and then tank pulls something else and we're fighting in 2 spots now (which is what often happens with people who think they don't need to stick with a group and the group should just scramble after them). its much harder on my merc then it is on my sorc or operative (since merc doesn't get a handy speed burst), but I can still do it.

however. not everyone can. and that's ok. that's why general idea is that you STICK WITH THE GROUP. moreover. I know of some people who actually enjoy this. 1. I'm not one of them. 2. I don't assume that pug I just met is one of them.

you run with your friends and/or guild. you can do whatever you want within tolerance levels of your friends. you run with strangers - you FIND out what they can tolerate first, act second. because in the end - you are playing with real, breathing human beings and their wishes and preferences matter too.

Kingsbount
07.11.2013 , 05:27 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Obviousenuendo View Post
Being that my first and (until recently) only character was a jedi guardian, I was actually the one trying to dps rush since every FP I went into was green since I or..*We outleveled it!* all the way to 55, though sometimes dps would do a better job of that, as a tank, I welcomed it.
we're talking about normal modes here, if I go into a FP and I'm 6 levels above every single mob who can barley touch me, why should I as a tank or anyone for that matter who can get hit and not take damage have to wait on others? If my dps was better as a tank (not to mention having alittle more ranged utility) I'd be the one rushing the group, if a dps who is also 53 or w.e. in a FP with 47lvl max mobs, go ahead.
Hard mode? no, I remember when heroics first came out in wow, I remember trying to solo the lowest instance at max level hoping for more money and very little extra challenge and got destroyed, and I'm 99% certain it follows the same rules here. I never bothered to attempt them in that game and I won't for this one either, Mobs should never have that kind of power under any circumstance,
I'll stick with endgame pvp thanks.
Im sorry, but whould you try to explain me - since which patch dps becomes better than tank?
If there's wont be a healer, your *** will be squished, burned and thorn a part.
Thats not an insult. Its just a reminder about YOUR role.

haliy
07.11.2013 , 06:47 AM | #46
Too all those individuals out there who think they are entitled to go ahead of the group, pull before the tank is ready or even just pull and kill everything on sight. Please do us all a favor if this is how you are going to be and create a premade GF team, and leave the pug GF teams to do the content they way it was meant to be.

I could care less if you are in 72 BIS gear. I could care less if you know every single insignificant part of the FP to the point where you can skip every single mob and loot the last chest to finish up that FP. I could care less if your DPS is high enough to one shot every mob in there and tank all mobs of the FP at once. I could care less if you can solo the entire FP... I don't care. The GF Pug made teams are for those who want to work as a team which whether you like it or not, letting the tank do their job and not having you do it for them.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

cymonguk
07.11.2013 , 06:57 AM | #47
Can i ask why you wouldnt just queue as tank/heal if you dont need them? After all your queue would pop faster?

Ancaglon
07.11.2013 , 10:34 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
In what world do people enjoy things harder when there is an easier way?
In a Game World where playing is for fun, not for watching some over-geared over-eager DPS run around skipping pretty much everything and blowing up the rest while the rest follow behind.

If you don't like that, get a group of your friends together that think as you do, and go to town. If you have friends.

taxidermis
07.11.2013 , 11:04 AM | #49
In the lev 50 ones I don't say anything anymore if dps Leroy. Hell, a lev 50 hm can be duoed with no comps by decent players. But get in a 55, as a dps, and Leroy one pull I won't say anything. Mistakes happen. Do it twice and you'll get a warning. Do it 3 times and I immediately initiate vote kick. Usually works, since I'm normally the healer or the tank. It's not about it being easy for mr. Big and Important elitist sentinel, Idc if you can solo it, it's about group courtesy and being a good example to all the newbs since the double xp, the ones that are 55 and haven't had time to learn the mechanics of the trinity system. /end rant.
Ashtor'aa, deception assassin, 55
Speresia, immortal juggernaut, 55
Ashterra, engineering sniper, 55
Hedriah, shield spec pt, 55
Hedr'a, arsenal merc, 55
Deadly Obsession

Hedra, gunnery commando,55, Guild leader-(The Grand Army of the Republic)
Rubix, Vanguard Hybrid, (The Grand Army of the Republic)

Begeren Colony veteran and proud! Never leaving!

Brittaany_Banks
07.11.2013 , 11:15 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
DPS don't "have to do" anything. They can leave or kick dictators easily. Working as a group should be the rule for everybody, not just DPS. If some tanks or healers want to dictate, then good luck with that, they would be on most ignore lists in a short time :-)
I'd really like to agree with you on this but unfortunately you're lying to yourself if this is what you believe. Tanks, and healers are at a premium when it comes to Ops, and FPs. DPS are a dime a dozen. It is just the way things are. Tanking and healing are vastly more difficult than DPSing and as such the healers and tanks will be the defacto "co-captains" of any particular group.

If a tank or healer leave you will be waiting upwards of 15-30 minutes for a replacement in most cases depending on time of day. For DPS it is much more forgiving as they can usually be replaced in a matter of minutes even during slow times.

So DPS are at the mercy of the tanks and healers, or they will be waiting half an hour for another FP to pop. If you are a DPS and choose to ignore uppity, drama queen tanks and healers then good luck getting into ANY GF FPs, or Ops once you've ignored enough of them.