Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

This is an easy flashpoint!/We outleveled it!


Atyaman's Avatar


Atyaman
07.10.2013 , 01:20 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
as a healer? I don't give a damn how much higher your health is then tank's. you have crap for mitigation and are a nightmare to heal, WHILE trying to also keep up tank who is still attempting to tank something anything, seeing as being dps you generate just enough threat to turn my life into a living hell. if I'm lucky, tank manages to grab everything that ran away from you, trying to kill me, so at least i don't have to try to keep myself up in addition to your squishy butt as well as the tank. I'm not always that lucky.
QFT

High endurance doesn't mean you can tank as a dps. Hell, usually a 40k+ health tank is harder to heal then a 35k one, ‘cause almost always he just sacrificed mitigation for endurance, which is stupid.

And don't come with that high horse talking that in 69+ gear a dps won't require much healing when he's tanking. That's only your perception, and one which is totally wrong at that. You're not tanking, you're just going in, take an initial big spike of damage, then all mobs and even their mother – with the exception of the one you're pummeling on – will turn their attention to the healer, or other members of the group if they could manage to hit them. You can really stress out a low geared healer this way, when damage is all over the place. Not talking about the tank, who just doesn’t know now where to start to gather back agro an all those mobs.

Btw, the overlevelling part is true. If everyone is almost in Black Market, then the current HM55FPs are a faceroll – which doesn’t mean they should be tweaked harder, rather the overgeared players need to go to OPSes –, and I even prefer some frak ups (trigger happy dps, tunnel visioned tank…). At least that way there are a tiny bit of excitement and challenge.

So-low's Avatar


So-low
07.10.2013 , 02:01 AM | #32
If I didn't have to use group finder I wouldn't, but I do because of the 10 daily comm reward. My solution to slow tanks/heals (like the op) is to get a guildy who also wants basic comms to que with me. If the pulls are too slow or people don't spacebar we vote kick them then blow through the FP in under 15 minutes.

Let me be clear, the ONLY reason we are there is for the comms to buy isotope 5s. We do not care about the carebeares who want to watch the story in HM or want to take their time and practice their class.

If you cannot learn your role while leveling through content 1-55, then you do not deserve to run a HM.

Do yourself a favor and learn to appreciate the people who do this. We are getting you through the FP in minimal time and passing on all loot.

Oh, and before you say "well your going to wipe if you don't have a healer or tank" think again - our companions are much better geared and most likely skilled than you will likely ever be.

NrDLeipe's Avatar


NrDLeipe
07.10.2013 , 02:14 AM | #33
im running in full 72s, if dps starts to tank i let just to see them get squashed like a bug,

after the run i put the guy/girl in the ignore list just to **** up there gf times even more

you can also just leave the group, you will have a new group in no time were mmost dps have a long que ( look around in the forums were rare )
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds

NrDLeipe's Avatar


NrDLeipe
07.10.2013 , 02:23 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Atyaman View Post
QFT
And don't come with that high horse talking that in 69+ gear a dps won't require much healing when he's tanking. That's only your perception, and one which is totally wrong at that. You're not tanking, you're just going in, take an initial big spike of damage, then all mobs and even their mother – with the exception of the one you're pummeling on – will turn their attention to the healer, or other members of the group if they could manage to hit them. You can really stress out a low geared healer this way, when damage is all over the place. Not talking about the tank, who just doesn’t know now where to start to gather back agro an all those mobs.
.
getting aggro on all those mobs issnt that hard, i just refuse to get them off the dps i only protect the healer to moment dps dies then i take action gather them finish them off and laugh my *** of cause dps staarts to go ape. if they didnt learn there not to pull its hence and repeat till they eventually learn it.
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
07.10.2013 , 03:02 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by So-low View Post
If I didn't have to use group finder I wouldn't, but I do because of the 10 daily comm reward. My solution to slow tanks/heals (like the op) is to get a guildy who also wants basic comms to que with me. If the pulls are too slow or people don't spacebar we vote kick them then blow through the FP in under 15 minutes.

Let me be clear, the ONLY reason we are there is for the comms to buy isotope 5s. We do not care about the carebeares who want to watch the story in HM or want to take their time and practice their class.

If you cannot learn your role while leveling through content 1-55, then you do not deserve to run a HM.

Do yourself a favor and learn to appreciate the people who do this. We are getting you through the FP in minimal time and passing on all loot.

Oh, and before you say "well your going to wipe if you don't have a healer or tank" think again - our companions are much better geared and most likely skilled than you will likely ever be.
get 4 guildies and stop imposing yourself on people who couldn't care less about your elitism and your arrogance. Stop wasting people's time by kicking them, just because they didn't fit your idea of "the right way to play"

no, you are not doing anyone a favor, people are NOT obligated to learn to appreciate it, they didn't ask for it and the best favor you could do us is stick to like minded people in your guild for your com runs, keep your assumptions and your condescending insults to yourself and let the rest of us enjoy the game instead of turning into into some weird unpleasant job you have to get over with as quickly as possible.

and before you say anything - I'm perfectly capable keeping up with people like you. I've done it in WoW, and before saying: "to hell with it, this is not fun", I've done it in TOR. I merely don't assume that anyone choosing not to speed through content at breakneck pace is beneath me, doesn't deserve to enjoy aforementioned content that so much effort was put into creating, and is somehow beholden to me, just for gracing them with my presence.

So-low's Avatar


So-low
07.10.2013 , 03:30 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
get 4 guildies and stop imposing yourself on people who couldn't care less about your elitism and your arrogance. Stop wasting people's time by kicking them, just because they didn't fit your idea of "the right way to play"
But isn't that what you're doing? You are complaining and no doubt wanting to kick the people for not playing the way that you want to play.

Please don't be a hypocrite. At least I know and am proud that I'm an elitist ******e.

Atyaman's Avatar


Atyaman
07.10.2013 , 04:12 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by So-low View Post
But isn't that what you're doing? You are complaining and no doubt wanting to kick the people for not playing the way that you want to play.

Please don't be a hypocrite. At least I know and am proud that I'm an elitist ******e.
Well, there is a general consesus of how things should normally go. If you would like to do it different, then at least you could ask the others if they're on board with you and your playstyle. And if they're not, it shouldn't be their problem. But you're making it theirs by kicking them out.

Also don't forget that there's another very easy and fast sollution for your speedruns (besides bringing guildies, that has already been pointed out).
Use the general chat on the fleet to ask if there are any takers. Just like other folks, who do this with Esseles/Black Talon social runs. I'm pretty sure there will be numerous takers of your offer of free gear and comms in 15 mins.

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
07.10.2013 , 08:53 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by So-low View Post
But isn't that what you're doing? You are complaining and no doubt wanting to kick the people for not playing the way that you want to play.

Please don't be a hypocrite. At least I know and am proud that I'm an elitist ******e.
I don't vote kick people, unless they become insufferable jerks to the rest of the group, continuously actively jeopardize success of the group, or disconnect for longer periods of time. and I, unlike you, don't assume that I'm god's gift to gaming. being proud of being an *** doesn't make it a good thing to be an ***, nor does it equal "favor" to the group that they "need to learn to appreciate"

this game works on a trinity system. which I respect. you respect nothing, but your own wishes. its not a good thing.

you know what you want. you stomp all over people who are not 100% on board in letting you get what you want. stick to others that you know want the same thing you do. and then you DARE to claim that you are making it more fun for people you are stomping all over? and how dare they be ungrateful and not appreciate it?

NO.

Ardarell_Solo's Avatar


Ardarell_Solo
07.10.2013 , 09:12 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by So-low View Post
If I didn't have to use group finder I wouldn't, but I do because of the 10 daily comm reward. My solution to slow tanks/heals (like the op) is to get a guildy who also wants basic comms to que with me. If the pulls are too slow or people don't spacebar we vote kick them then blow through the FP in under 15 minutes.

Let me be clear, the ONLY reason we are there is for the comms to buy isotope 5s. We do not care about the carebeares who want to watch the story in HM or want to take their time and practice their class.

If you cannot learn your role while leveling through content 1-55, then you do not deserve to run a HM.

Do yourself a favor and learn to appreciate the people who do this. We are getting you through the FP in minimal time and passing on all loot.

Oh, and before you say "well your going to wipe if you don't have a healer or tank" think again - our companions are much better geared and most likely skilled than you will likely ever be.
We had exactly the same discussion over at German forums and one guy who wrote just about the same as you. Consensus was: It's a matter of politeness, when you're in a group, to act to what the group's wish of going about is. That is: All 4 people, decided democratically. If 4 people say "Let's rush this!" fine, then it's rushed. If 3 people want to take their time, the one who doesn't want to is always free to leave. If it's 2 vs. 2, well then again it's a matter of politeness and good manners to figure out what's to be done.

I'm in FPs only for the comms as well, I may not have cleared TFB NiM yet like you did, but Kelsara's down to 20, so I know a little bit how to play.

But when I go for pugged FPs I bring enough time with me and I do respect other players' wishes. If it's a rush, I consider myself lucky, if it's anormal run as it was designed, then that's that.

Of course the game gives you the possibility to vote kick anyone who doesn't match your play style. But that's not acting in accordance with the spirit of an MMO, which draws a huge part of its fascination by the fact that it's played by, well, different kinds of people. That's not a matter of being a top gamer or not, it's more a question of what kind of person you want to be...
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> rDD gesucht: -> hier klicken
T3-M4

Nkya's Avatar


Nkya
07.10.2013 , 09:45 AM | #40
The ignore list is the right place to put the names of those making the game experience non enjoyable. Mine has a few over-geared DPS (amongst others) refusing to play their assigned role correctly or showing up an antisocial attitude.