Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is an easy flashpoint!/We outleveled it!

Jeweledleah
07.09.2013 , 08:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
I feel like those complaining are the ones who actively run HM FPs because they still need the gear. I don't recall being in HM FPs for gear after the first week 55 was accessible. I agree alts do exist, but not to this extent. Those complaining that some geared DPS is pulling everything and doing all the work doesn't make sense. In what world do people enjoy things harder when there is an easier way?
because its NOT easier. you THINK its easier, but it is in fact harder. especially when you are NOT running with your pocket healer but instead making pug healer work overtime.

playing a healer reaffirms for me on a regular basis just how much people take good healers for granted. you don't notice when things go well, only when they go badly. you are making a tank freak out, you are making a healer freak out, you are teaching the other dps bad habits, you are making the run stressful for everyone.

it takes a special kind of self absorption and arrogance to think you are making things easier. you are NOT.

msfyoung
07.09.2013 , 09:01 PM | #22
If you have 69+ gear, I'll be racing you to the end.

If you have rubbish gear, I'll be forgetting to heal you, spamming rescue etc. Usually takes them a couple deaths to get a clue.

Aerro
07.09.2013 , 09:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by msfyoung View Post
If you have 69+ gear, I'll be racing you to the end.

If you have rubbish gear, I'll be forgetting to heal you, spamming rescue etc. Usually takes them a couple deaths to get a clue.
That is understandable, but I'm full of 75s and 72s... so there is no need for me to wait around for a tank who has less health than I do. That is the point of my posts :P
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

unclefortyoz
07.09.2013 , 10:05 PM | #24
I agree w/ the dude above me lol. Seriously when i have 10k more hp than a tank, expect me to tank. I can and I will. Unless you just want me to spam assault the whole time w/ no offensive cd's. FUN!
Abdi, Sith Marauder
Eskimo'Callboy, Sniper
hmd MAGENTA
ETERNAL WARRIOR

Jeweledleah
07.09.2013 , 10:59 PM | #25
my sorc has 2k more health then my vanguard. but i don't tank on her over my vanguard. why? because her mitigation is crap. because the only reason she has this much health is due to her willpower augments coming bundled with endurance, while my vanguard's mitigation augments come bundled with power.

as a healer? I don't give a damn how much higher your health is then tank's. you have crap for mitigation and are a nightmare to heal, WHILE trying to also keep up tank who is still attempting to tank something anything, seeing as being dps you generate just enough threat to turn my life into a living hell. if I'm lucky, tank manages to grab everything that ran away from you, trying to kill me, so at least i don't have to try to keep myself up in addition to your squishy butt as well as the tank. I'm not always that lucky.

most of the time, I can salvage this crap of a situation anyway. but its not fun. its NOT easy. and its one of the reasons i cannot remember last time I fully pugged a flashpoint above level 50. (have to have at least one person I trust with me nowadays to venture into group finder - or preferably a full premade)

like I said before, whenever people wonder why is it that fewer and fewer healers/tanks queue, why do the queues grow longer and longer, and if you do get it, the quality of your tanks/healers is getting worse and worse? this is why.

msfyoung
07.09.2013 , 11:23 PM | #26
Honestly if you can't deal with a 69+ dps pulling then you aren't much of a healer. I've done many a FP where the only 'healing' such a person needed was to be bubbled.

And I pull trash with quakes and such on my sage healer, and it's never gotten me or anyone else killed.

If you're having trouble with these scenarios, there's either a L2P issue involved, or you aren't talking about the overgeared situations we are. When people aren't overgeared it's obviously a very stupid thing to do.

Really if even a single person is in 69+'s, the FP is going to be really easy, barring some astonishing incompetence.

Jeweledleah
07.09.2013 , 11:44 PM | #27
i didn't say I couldn't deal with it. I said it wasn't fun OR easy. since you all are claiming that dps tanking makes it more fun and easy.

no. it doesn't.

also - ideal scenario of everyone overgeared and knowing how to maximize their output, so things actually die quickly enough not to turn situation worse than it already is- those rarely happen. usually its one maverick who thinks they are god's gift to video games and just by a sole virtue of having a few more hit points then the tank - are qualified to take over that role, and decide for everyone else how the flashpoint should be run.

no. just no.

plus a good dps knows how to use their aggro drop and the only tank they would pull of is a terrible one, not just lesser geared one. in which case, that flashpoint has more problems than just dps with god complex.

Aryh
07.10.2013 , 12:03 AM | #28
I don't care how many hp someone has, only a tank is supposed to tank. He has the tools for it and it is his role to do so. It's unfair to deprive a willing tank of his role.
If the tank sucks or dies all the time because he has just too low hp, then you dps may tank.
Besides, often when dps jump in first the healer ends up getting most of the aggro.

SebastiaanZ
07.10.2013 , 12:16 AM | #29
For me its very simple ... if your a tank you tank. If your a DPS you DPS, YOU DO NOT TANK. No matter how much HP you have. If you refuse to change your views on this, I will have no problem initiating a vote kick to get you out. Not my problem that you have to set in queue again because you don't want to change. This of course if the majority of the group decides this, but usually I got guildies with me even if we pug.
Noomi-ryar (Lvl 55) Sith Assassin / Neovangelion (Lvl 55) Sith Marauder / Danitaka (Lvl 20) Mercenary / Triton-one (Lvl 52) Operative / Gali-ryar (Lvl 55) Sith Sorcerer
Rayalas (Lvl 51) Gunslinger / Kenli-shun (Lvl 55) Jedi Guardian / Vyzen (Lvl 52) Commando / Nende (Lvl 55) Jedi Shadow

Kingsbount
07.10.2013 , 01:03 AM | #30
I guess some people here are not completely understand the whole point of my thread.
I DIDN'T said that such problems was ONLY at the high-end content.
Problems starting more early.

Dear Aerro, i doubt, that you queue for Cademimu or Mandalorian Raiders or another fp before 50 lvl with 72 mods, becouse its simply impossible. Unless you queue for HM. So you possibly didn see, what i'v seen.

But im talking about the WHOLE problem. Not about specific flashpionts.
People lose ability to work in team.
And THAT is real problem. And it grows larger and larger (especially it can be noticed during XP weekends).