Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith inquisitor most powerful being in Swtor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith inquisitor most powerful being in Swtor?

LadyKulvax
07.12.2013 , 10:10 AM | #21
Actually we know as a matter of fact from Annihilation that Nox is the weakest member of the Dark Council, just thought you should know that, canon>your opinion.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

SithKoriandr
07.12.2013 , 10:22 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Actually we know as a matter of fact from Annihilation that Nox is the weakest member of the Dark Council, just thought you should know that, canon>your opinion.
And what does Annihilation say about Warrior, Knight and Consular? Also, what does it say about Darth Imperius, seeing as how my Inquisitor isn't Darth Nox, so that canon is obviously wrong.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

LadyKulvax
07.12.2013 , 10:26 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
And what does Annihilation say about Warrior, Knight and Consular? Also, what does it say about Darth Imperius, seeing as how my Inquisitor isn't Darth Nox, so that canon is obviously wrong.
Wookieepedia has assumed that all Republic classes are light side and Imperials dark side for the sake of sanity, until proven wrong this assumption is a correct one, this advice was given from Erickson himself.

Oh and they aren't mentioned, like at all.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Girdeux
07.12.2013 , 03:41 PM | #24
No other classes were mentioned in the novel. IIRC the Inquistor isnt directly mentioned. But was referenced to be in the group of dark council members that were weak compared to the strongest ones... Aka Marr, Vowrawn, Ravage, Rictus and Mortis are all the top dogs.

ArenCordial
07.12.2013 , 04:40 PM | #25
That's not all that surprising really. Nox needed to bind how many spirits just to take out Thanaton? Council Member yes but it didn't seem to me Thanaton was a hugely respect one. Just to do that nearly destroy Nox's sanity and physical health. Nox is certainly quiet strong in the Force, but not mind blowing. Plus Nox seems to have picked up only what was left of Thanaton's power base, which did not seem to be a hugely influential sphere, so politically the Inquisitor would also be at a disadvantage.

lironBD
07.12.2013 , 06:28 PM | #26
1. thanks you for sharing with me thw SWTOR novels I didn't knew it was a series I only read "Revan".
2. we know that except the Thanaton power base Nox gets the cult on nar shaddaa before the final battle + after makeb he make (opotional I did) an alliance with Darth Marr in redorming the empire in absence of the emperor.
3. Nox indeed bound crap ton of powerful sith lords to defeat thanaton but story wise we don't see in game use of force walking after the thanaton Battle on Korriban, and considering Thanaton was defeated decisevly and Nox keeps gaining more and more power we can only assume his force walker powers will increase in time but we can't be sure until we see them in action in game.
4. from what we know about the game lore wise and gameplay wise what do we really knows about other council members except they die like flies on most republic and empire classes missions... I counted at least 4-5 Dark council members which we can kill in the game so they are not that good, while making this competition I was thinking about nox after gaining force walker power\ binding tons of sith lords \ body remade on rakata machine \ mind remade on voss temple. so basicly he is super being and then he is also a sith lord which has been guided by tulak hord's greatest rival.

EDIT:
Also there are the moffs group with their fleet and the super weapon which can annihilate entire fleets that are allies of darth nox after he gives them the super weapon.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

SithKoriandr
07.12.2013 , 10:35 PM | #27
Wookieepedia has assumed that all Republic classes are light side and Imperials dark side for the sake of sanity, until proven wrong this assumption is a correct one, this advice was given from Erickson himself.

Oh and they aren't mentioned, like at all.
Then I'd say Wookiepedia is wrong. Especially since I believe later it was said "What you choose is the canon"
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

lironBD
07.13.2013 , 06:54 AM | #28
Then I'd say Wookiepedia is wrong. Especially since I believe later it was said "What you choose is the canon"
Valid point there, that's why I was referring to him as "The Inquisitor" when started this topic.
Also it's not possible at all to be pure 100% dark side or light side... it's stupid and makes no sense at all...
Back in the day when we all started we did what we wanted then grind Black Talon story for 200 Light\Dark per run.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

Darth_Omega
07.14.2013 , 01:26 AM | #29
Honestly I don't know why people put down Darth Nox so much for using force ghosts. He had to become powerful as quickly as possible so he could survive. Darth Thanaton was trying to kill him ever since Nox became a lord. I don't know about you, but I would do whatever I could to survive rather than be killed by an obviously more powerful, Dark Council level, sith lord.

That being said I don't think that comparing the power between player characters is really that possible right now.
"A day, a year, a millennium -- it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars" - Sith Emperor

Helig
07.14.2013 , 02:10 AM | #30
Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular can use the Wall of Light (arguably *the* most potent Force power, for it blocks the Dark Side completely). The Knight uses it as a mental shield, the Consular uses it for exorcism.

Consular Shielding power+Darth Nox, loaded with spirits=fun.

The Emperor's Wrath is the most powerful recognized Sith in the Empire, second only to the Emperor himself
Spoiler

Nox/Imperius/Occulus, while powerful on their own right, stands little chance without the spirits - a power that is not really theirs.

The Inquisitor's power is not in raw force (although he does have that in ample supply) - his power is in arcane knowledge, rituals, cunning and influence.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie