Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith inquisitor most powerful being in Swtor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith inquisitor most powerful being in Swtor?

lironBD
07.09.2013 , 07:35 AM | #11
at any rate if we go back to my first post to take a second look I stated tht the emperor is mentally unstable being. He is cowering and hiding in his hideout using proxy bodies! and servants.
even vs Revan on 1vs 1 he almost loses only because scourge betray revan he survive the battle.

The SI after Voss ritual got clear cunning unrelenting mind + the sith super powers so that was one of the reasons which made me think in 1 vs 1 fight vs the emperor the SI will kick his ***.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

Aeneas_Falco
07.10.2013 , 01:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
JK killed the VOICE of the emperor. Sith warrior do same thing on chapter 3 at voice while following the command of the emperor himself which got himself trapped ! inside a voice mystic body.

so emperor is *****, sith warrior same level as JK.

but body\mind and power wise inquisitor stronger then them all.
The possession of 'Voices' was just a means of protecting his body from harm. The Jedi Knight still fights the Emperor and defeats him, its just that the Emperor's consciousness is possessing someone else's body.

The Jedi Knight fights the most lore-wise formidable opponent in the game, and wins, and this is after cutting a bloody swath through a legion of Darths that leaves a few vacant seats on the Dark Council. As such I'd rate the Hero of Tython as being more powerful than the Sith Inquisitor.

As for the Sith Warrior, his killing of an Emperor's voice is not quite the same thing, as the Emperor needed that form to die and ordered the Sith Warrior to do it. The Sith Warrior does not actually fight the Emperor. At best he assists the Emperor in suicide.

lironBD
07.10.2013 , 01:53 AM | #13
not quit.

on sw battle he fights Sel-Makor which controls the emperor voice and the emperor's powers both!

JK with all due respect got rofl'somp'd on first round and got turned into the dark side, without lord scourge help he wouldn't even be fighting the emperor second time! and iirc in second battle my LS JK tried to turn him into light side emperor just don't bother, commit suicide and goes back to his own body.

my point is... if you played SI story (dark side like me at least) you know that on 2 oppertunities he is "Killed" but using the powers of the force walk he actually return to life, hence he uses the spirits to become immortal... bit like darth Sion from kotor 2 but instead of willpower not to die which sion use the SI uses the bound powers of the uber darths he bound to his will.

when we compare SI and JK we need to compare their arsenal of powers, which special force powers the JK got?

Aeneas_Falco
07.10.2013 , 02:54 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
not quit.

JK with all due respect got rofl'somp'd on first round and got turned into the dark side, without lord scourge help he wouldn't even be fighting the emperor second time! and iirc in second battle my LS JK tried to turn him into light side emperor just don't bother, commit suicide and goes back to his own body.

my point is... if you played SI story (dark side like me at least) you know that on 2 oppertunities he is "Killed" but using the powers of the force walk he actually return to life, hence he uses the spirits to become immortal... bit like darth Sion from kotor 2 but instead of willpower not to die which sion use the SI uses the bound powers of the uber darths he bound to his will.

when we compare SI and JK we need to compare their arsenal of powers, which special force powers the JK got?
The Jedi Knight did lose the first round, but won the second. Sure, the Emperor survives the second fight. But that's immaterial to whether he won or lost. Luke also survived Bespin, but that doesn't mean he won the duel against Vader.

I don't think a convincing case can be made for any Sith being more powerful than the Emperor, so think by default that gives the Jedi knight the strongest argument in favor of being the most powerful playable force user, as he (or she) fought and defeated the most powerful opponent lore-wise. And that was after striking down multiple Dark Council members.

The Sith Warrior doesn't really defeat the Emperor. He defeats Sel-Makor, as the Emperor wants the Sith Warrior to strike down his Voice. Its an assisted suicide. And Sel-Makor is likewise defeated by the Jedi Knight.

As far as the arsenal of abilities go, the Jedi Knight's force powers are mainly chanelled into dueling. The Hero of Tython is a duelist rather than a caster. Being a primarily a duelist however doesn't a mean a Jedi or Sith is less powerful with the force than a caster. They just focus on different abilities. One uses their abilities more to manipulate the environment, another uses their force abilities more to guide their strikes and parries with a lightsaber.

Girdeux
07.10.2013 , 03:03 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
The Jedi Knight did lose the first round, but won the second. Sure, the Emperor survives the second fight. But that's immaterial to whether he won or lost. Luke also survived Bespin, but that doesn't mean he won the duel against Vader.

I don't think a convincing case can be made for any Sith being more powerful than the Emperor, so think by default that gives the Jedi knight the strongest argument in favor of being the most powerful playable force user, as he (or she) fought and defeated the most powerful opponent lore-wise. And that was after striking down multiple Dark Council members.

The Sith Warrior doesn't really defeat the Emperor. He defeats Sel-Makor, as the Emperor wants the Sith Warrior to strike down his Voice. Its an assisted suicide. And Sel-Makor is likewise defeated by the Jedi Knight.

As far as the arsenal of abilities go, the Jedi Knight's force powers are mainly chanmelled into dueling. The Hero of Tython is a duelist rather than a caster. Being a primarily a duelist however doesn't a mean a Jedi or Sith is less powerful with the force than a caster. They just focus on different abilities. One uses their abilities more to manipulate the environment, another uses their force abilities more to guide their strikes and parries with a lightsaber.
Sel-makor and the emperor are supposed to be equal in power. Even then it can be argued that Sel makor was amping the Voice to be alot more powerful when the Wrath took it down.

With that stated, The Inquisitor is nowhere close to being the most powerful.

Callaron
07.10.2013 , 09:19 AM | #16
They are all the heroes in their own story, they are all player characters - which makes them all equal in my opinion.
The Consular rips apart blast doors with the Force, the Sith Warrior squeezes the life out of people so fast that the Jedi guarding them doesn't even have a chance to respond before it's too late, etc...
They all have their epic feats.
I think it's also pretty silly to dismiss characters like Revan and Malgus just because "players beat them" - go into a PvP zone then, and have your character be declared worthless too, since you WILL get beaten eventually, even if you are SWTOR's number one PvPer (SirCopperfield apparently ).

Basically the arguement against the NPCs is "Because I managed to beat them up with a whole group of people THEY are the wimps, but somehow that makes me incredibly powerful - despite the fact that if I had fought them by myself at the right level they would've folded me into a little box and shot me out of an airlock."
Kinda reminds me of this guy on the Dragon Age forums that declared all of his companions were a waste of space and it was all the Warden that single-handedly pwned everything in game.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

lironBD
07.10.2013 , 03:36 PM | #17
there was some build on DA which made you solo the game on nightmare.... but it was for lolz.

back to swtor...

npcs defeated = dead or non functional hence they are not competitors.

You can also claim that JK did not fought sel-makor alone, SW fight solo vs Sel-makor with only the companion ofc if lore wise companion was there at all.

JK uses the help of a voss agent to trap him and then defeat him, vs the emperor first round he had entire jedi strike team and was a fail!
on second time he he entire blasted republic fleet! and jedi striked team and his entire companion team and one of the was the own traitor emperor's Wrath scourge himself.
in the final battle we can say canon wise that T7 helped the JK as there is a mission specificly to gear him inside the dark temple and he is the only available companion for that fight so the JK + T7 defeats a voice of the emperor while their allies have entire fleet to make a diversion.

SI also uses lightsaber techniques, there is entire AC focusing on tanking and dps while using double bladed lightsaber and channeling force power to surprise the enemy or to soak huge amounts of damage. All in all we can compare both guardian\sentinel abilities vs Sin\Sorcerer abilities and then add to the mix "Lore" powers like Force walking.

SW kills Dark Council member way before the JK does in fact Dark council members are not that tough it seems, thing is while JK uses just combat techniques the SI which is almost immortal thanks to the force walking just stands there mocking the Darth Thanaton making him crawl on the floor with only the force.

Bottom line let's summarize the unique powers and abilities of each competitor considered here and not just say "he killed X so he is stronger". for me at least emperor was never strongest sith or being in the galaxy at all, he almost always loses his duels unless he is ready, he is cowering inside his hole all the time and he can't control his own damn empire.
Even Revan on his final battle "Teleport" out.. no body at all left behind. the emperor needs to control proxy bodies and when they are destroyed it takes him time to recover.

MWidowmaker
07.10.2013 , 08:34 PM | #18
most powerful? the Imperial Agent who kept the codex, because Batman.

and Batman trumps all

lironBD
07.11.2013 , 12:44 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MWidowmaker View Post
most powerful? the Imperial Agent who kept the codex, because Batman.

and Batman trumps all
"Because I'm batman".
- How X should have ended.

fellblade
07.12.2013 , 09:44 AM | #20
One Thing I would say about the Jedi Knight
Is that the Jedi Knight gets the Opporunity to fight (perhaps) the most formidable opposition

However, in the same boat I don't think that there is anyone that the Jedi Knight beats - that given the same opportunity the Sith Inquisitor and Warrior cannot beat - The SW and SI beat everyone that stood against them and that's all you can really do.....

Yes - I am Inclined to think that the Sith Inquistor could (at least theoretically) Potentially be the strongest of the Player Characters of SWTOR - With the most powerful Forcewalking ability that ever existed and being 'Remade' by Mother - I think the Sith Inquisitor has very Tangible reasons why he/she could be argued most powerful...
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.