Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition to separate Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Lockouts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Petition to separate Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Lockouts
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dscount
07.23.2013 , 11:53 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
Hi guys,

This is already a priority for us, but I can't promise a date yet. The Nightmare Mode system was originally built on the back of Hard Mode, which is why they share a lockout. It's a technical consequence of that fact, not a philosophical thing on our part.
Jesse! That is great news. Thank you for letting us know it's at least being worked. Are we talking a "Super Complex" change as in SPRING 2014 or a "Aiming for Late Q3/ Early Q4 of 2013" type change?
WTB Legacy wide Datacron unlock
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

Chickensevil
07.23.2013 , 12:09 PM | #162
Hi guys,

This is already a priority for us, but I can't promise a date yet. The Nightmare Mode system was originally built on the back of Hard Mode, which is why they share a lockout. It's a technical consequence of that fact, not a philosophical thing on our part.
Thank you sooooo much for responding on this one. Even if it takes a while to implement (which I hope doesn't happen) it is very nice to know that you are finally open to separating this, and very nice to see a response finally on the subject.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

chuixupu
07.23.2013 , 12:10 PM | #163
Wow, this is unexpected but good news.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

KeyboardNinja
07.23.2013 , 12:24 PM | #164
Hi guys,

Blessed are ye! Just knowing that it's a priority to get fixed is enough for me, honestly. The worst feeling in the world is seeing something really egregiously wrong with the game and not knowing whether or not the developers agree.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

idnewton
07.23.2013 , 12:32 PM | #165
Hi guys,

Good, thanks for the update. This does need to be done. As someone above me said, 2.3 would be a great goal if possible.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 19 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 DREAD FORTRESS PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

Twickers
07.23.2013 , 01:59 PM | #166
Very good to know it's a priority for you guys.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

TheGeekStarW
07.23.2013 , 03:05 PM | #167
Signed.
(▓╠☲☲╬Φ╬|()█Ξ████████████████████████████████)

ArissArgile
07.23.2013 , 09:36 PM | #168
Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

As an aside I love that it came 2 posts after i suggested all classes get their first class reps to make this one of their questions since we weren't getting a response here. I really do appreciate that they were paying attention to the forums on this one!

NwahsNirom
07.23.2013 , 11:54 PM | #169
/signed
/signed
/signed
/signed
/signed
/signed
/signed
/signed

One signature for all of my raid team
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
4/4 NiM EC, 10/10 HM DF&DP, 1/5 NiM TFB, 1/5 NiM DF
Prophecy of the Five | Guild Leader | International Guild

Crosan
07.24.2013 , 02:10 AM | #170
/signed for my whole guild round about 35 people. We discussed it a lot and agree with seperate the modes!
Aiyo - Operative
Fatality - T3-M4 [EU]
Watch Us! On Youtube