Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition to separate Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Lockouts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Petition to separate Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Lockouts
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JamieKirby
07.19.2013 , 04:13 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
We need to make it clear to Bioware that this is important to us. The separation of Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode lockouts is critical to the success of progression raiding in SWTOR. It will accomplish two very important things:

1) Level the playing field by forcing linear progression (no more skipping)
2) Allow guilds to continue progressing and gearing in HM while attempting NM

The current system makes it difficult for guilds to keep players progressing who are not in the NM raids because the key players are saving lockouts on their mains. The only downside might be the influx of commendations available to high end players, but lets face it ultimate comms don't buy anything good and there are weekly and total caps.

Please sign the petition if you agree that the lockouts should be separate.
Normally, I would agree, but since everyone pretty much said 'live with it' when I wanted some changes done, I will say it here....'live with it.'

Nipanther
07.19.2013 , 07:39 AM | #142
/signed

Needs to happen
The Deathwatch Legacy
Bracus:Kractious:Thantatos:Collumbiana:Shocktodeat h:Breakus:Akada

PlasmaJohn
07.19.2013 , 08:25 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
We need to make it clear to Bioware that this is important to us. The separation of Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode lockouts is critical to the success of progression raiding in SWTOR. ...
The Community Team has pretty much admitted to staying out of the "well behaved" forums. Best drop a PM to Eric or move the petition to the Suggestions Forum (off General).

Quote:
Please sign the petition if you agree that the lockouts should be separate.
Since I forgot to last time I posted, +1.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

Spyderwraith
07.19.2013 , 09:29 AM | #144
On this topic it is even affecting my guild. We have multiple HM ops groups with one active NiM run group. The tank in our NiM group has an alt dps in one of the HM groups. His DPS is geared to the teeth and doesnt need anything from HM. He naturally wants to progress but the HM group is a bit behind core raiders on vacation etc so they dont move to NiM. So now the DPS steps out and says "I don't want to burn my NiM lockouts on HM when i dont need anything" Which makes sense sure but there is nobody else available to replace the guy so the HM group falls apart.
Easy to say "recruit new guys" but the issue is this would not even be an issue if the HM and NiM had separate lockouts
Quote: Originally Posted by Anarious View Post
I have a feeling you would ring Ford to complain that one of your Bridgestone tires got a puncture, irrelevant of the fact you drive a Toyota.

PanzerJagdhund
07.19.2013 , 08:39 PM | #145
The Toten approves this message.

Signed
<Redemption> (Republic) on The Shadowlands
Totenhelfen - Assault Mando Totenkrieger - Assault Vanguard
Focus/Vig Guardian - Sharpshooter Slinger - Scrapper Scoundrel
Proud Alpha tester of the Parsec Combat Parser for SWTOR

crazylegoman
07.19.2013 , 09:07 PM | #146
Signed.

Everyone else has already said why it needs to happen. Bioware, just please make it happen...
Click my refer a friend link, get free stuff! http://www.swtor.com/r/vC7qfD

fotomaster
07.20.2013 , 02:27 PM | #147
Signed

This definitely needs to happen.

FlyinSpaghetti
07.20.2013 , 03:11 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by SuprSaiyanTingle View Post
How would that work for Guild runs? I mean, we're talking about 8/16 people paying X amount of CC just so they can play HM and NiM. Each. Player. Its impractical and not really fair on those who are F2P or Preferred who get by on weekly passes
(I know that was probably taking things too seriously there, but hey; some would look on that as a viable alternative )

/Signed.
I could see them adding "pay CC to reset lockouts" or having the f2p ops pass do that but for subscribers also.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

HoboWithAStick
07.20.2013 , 04:09 PM | #149
Agreed, balance out the rare mats bioware and make this happen.

Osskask
07.21.2013 , 02:03 PM | #150
/signed

Nightmare Mode gives significantly better loot than Hard Mode. This would solve both issues of skipping Nightmare Mode Bosses, as well as preventing guilds from running Nightmare Mode content due to still gearing members in Hard Mode.
Originally of Thana Vesh, Voluntarily Relocated to Corellian Run, Currently Residing in The Shadowlands
Slots - Marauder | Asimov - Powertech | Kahland - Sorceror
Guides: Augments | Artifice