Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Easiest Hard Mode

Ocho-Quatro
07.08.2013 , 03:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritrider View Post
Actually I just want to run with me and one other person, and we are now at the stage where we are after Elites.
Well that may be a different story....

What gear are you in now? If you are going progression, tier by tier, (without doing Operations) I am going to assume you are in.... 61/63 (maybe) gear from level 50 flashpoints?? and some Prototype (blue 66) level 55 gear from Makeb?

If that is the case, I think you are in for a very very serious struggle ahead of you, approaching HM 55 FPs trying to 2-man them. If I was going to attempt a 2-man of the 55 HMs, I would want both myself, and my partner in crime to be just about full Black Market/Arkanian. (Artifact purple 69 gear)...
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe (55) Sage - Ellip'sis (55) Vanguard - Quotation (55) Sentinel
Aster'isk (55) Mercenary - Back'slash (55) Assassin - Per'iod (55) Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

Spiritrider
07.08.2013 , 03:17 PM | #12
But if we are doing things only the two of us, how do we get that gear if not from the 55 HM's? I know you get 12 a week from the staged daily on Makeb, but I know of no where else.
"May the Force be with you"
-Almost every person in the SW universe ever

Ocho-Quatro
07.08.2013 , 03:29 PM | #13
...how do we get that gear if not from the 55 HM's?
You get Elite Coms from:
As you mentioned, the staged weekly on Makeb
- (solo or team)
Classic Operations Weekly for Hard Mode Eternity Vault, Karagga's Palace or Explosive Conflict
- (8 and 16-man operations)
Terror From Beyond & Scum and Villainy
- (8 and 16-man operations)
Level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints
- (4-person teams)

But if we are doing things only the two of us...
You'll see... That the vast majority of the content that yields Elite Commendations, is designed, intended and tuned for more than 2-man duo teams. While the flashpoints CAN be duo'd, you really cannot do them with less then 4 people unless you are really overgeared, which if you aren't running Ops, you simply will not be.

The simple fact is this: If you want to exclusively DUO with another player, and not venture into 4-man Flashpoints, or 8/16man Operations, you ARE going to eventually hit a point, where there is content that you simply cannot clear and gear you simply cannot obtain. (And you have hit that ceiling right now, unless you want to just buy the gear from the GTN, but if you aren't doing Ops, why would you need Ops gear anyway?)

IF you don't want to expand and play with other people, and you only want to duo (which I am NOT trashing by the way... you play the game the way it is the most fun to you, and who am I to say that you're doing it wrong?)... when you hit 55, and finish Makeb, and see all of the STORY content for your class, you are going to be pretty much forced to go re-roll new toons with your Duo-buddy, and see another class story....
The Punctuation Legacy

RikuvonDrake
07.08.2013 , 03:31 PM | #14
But if we are doing things only the two of us, how do we get that gear if not from the 55 HM's? I know you get 12 a week from the staged daily on Makeb, but I know of no where else.
Two Man KP HM, very easy on lvl 55 and you get both ulti and elite from "Classic Ops" Weekly Mission.
Deposer of The Dread Masters - Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Ocho-Quatro
07.08.2013 , 03:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Two Man KP HM, very easy on lvl 55 and you get both ulti and elite from "Classic Ops" Weekly Mission.
LOL...

You should read the whole thread, before you say stuff like that...
The Punctuation Legacy

Red_rocks
07.08.2013 , 03:33 PM | #16
1 Classic ops 20 a week
2 Story TFB Op 20 a week
3 Story S & V Op 20 a week
4 Story Toborros Courtyard Op 12 a week
5 Weekly 3x 55 HM 20 a week
6 Daily HM 55 group finder (requires 4 people) 10 a day
7 Daily HM 55 Completion (will probably require 4 people in your level of gear) 10 a day
8 Spawning the bonus boss in each HM 55 2 per run (Most of the bonus bosses have tight enrage timers, so you may not be able to kill them)
9 Loot from each boss in a hm 55 (2 i think?)

You're in for a very long slow arduous gearup if you do it the way you're suggesting.
My suggestion would be to make artifice and cybertech toons and make yourself a full suit of purple 66 gear before even attempting to 2man the 55 hard modes.

Nkya
07.09.2013 , 08:20 AM | #17
If you can run this flashpoints with a team of two, you don't need the rewards they'll provide because you'll be overgeared already.

Also you get 10 more commendations using the group finder once a day.

You will have the recommended gear level for them by equipping the 66/blue mods you can find at low price on the GTN. 61/purple gear is also suitable.

Spiritrider
07.09.2013 , 08:26 AM | #18
We have bought all our gear we can using basic comms, what rating is that? (I'm at work and don't remember), plus we have everything with at least level 6 augments added.... still under geared?
"May the Force be with you"
-Almost every person in the SW universe ever

Ocho-Quatro
07.09.2013 , 08:54 AM | #19
We have bought all our gear we can using basic comms, what rating is that? (I'm at work and don't remember), plus we have everything with at least level 6 augments added.... still under geared?
In my opinion, no you aren't going to be able to really duo the HM 55 FPs in Basic Coms gear.

Think about it this way:

Basic Coms buy 66s, which is minimum level 53 gear.
Hard Mode 55 Flashpoints, drop Black Market (69) and Elite Commendations, which are level 55 gear. (not to mention, the CONTENT is tuned for level 55)

You aren't really going to easily shortman content, intended for level 55 players, wearing level 53 gear.

I could be completely wrong, and you could both be l33t players, and maybe you can do it.... The only way to find out, is to TRY it for yourselves, and see how it goes.

HOWEVER - my feeling (along with most of the people that have commented here) is that, if your desire in-game is to exclusively DUO, you have reached the limit of the content you can do. And if you want to keep just DUO'ing with your partner, it's time to re-roll new toons and see a new story. If you want to continue on your current level 55 characters, and progress in gearing and see more content, you are going to HAVE to start teaming with other folks either for flashpoints or operations.

You're trying to use handtools to completely build a house from the ground up by yourself, when there's an entire shed full of powertools and a crew of construction workers waiting to help you that you are choosing to ignore.
The Punctuation Legacy

Ottoattack
07.10.2013 , 02:31 PM | #20
As a starter for HM 55 FPs, you GF with all 4 HM checked gives you 10 elite comms daily. Also, even if you are in 66s decked and auged pulling 2 man will be either very difficult or impossible depending on the FPs. In addition, I highly doubt you will be able to beat the enrage timer on bonus bosses, which drop an elite piece so you defiantly do not want to skip these. In addition, if one of you is not a healer, it won't work. A comp geared in below 66 gear is now going to heal a HM 55 FP.

In addition, one more factor to take inconsideration is the time you need to finish these FPs. As an example me and my guildies are in mostly 72 gear.We usually run EV for the weekly classic Ops. We could 4 man it if we want, but it would take us 90 mins plus to finish something that could be done in 40-45 mins. With allies you could run FPs potentially 50% faster, which means if you have a tank you probably could run 2 FPs through GF than trying to 2 man them with a friend.