Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Patch + Nightmare SV

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
07.09.2013 , 07:43 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by AmyStella View Post
People seriously take time off of work to RAID??????? Anyone else thinks that's just stupid? I mean come on, it's just a game! I mean really......

And as for them missing work and losing money, that's their choice....if you want to be stupid enough to take another sick day and lose the money in order to raid when it first's comes out, that's on you and not on BW.....
To you, maybe it's "just a game". Your effort to demean other's likes and commitment is obvious.
But others can see this like any other hobby you can think of. Hobbies are what people do to pass their time and to enjoy themselves, but hobbies are taken seriously. They do take time and real money. On ocassions, they do alter the usual routines. This is no different than a hobby

But again, you missed OPs point. Problem is BW knew patch was going to be delayed and they didn't care enough to let people know in advanced (like, more than 24 hs). What's the downside to communicating ? Really ?

veyl's Avatar


veyl
07.09.2013 , 10:02 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
To you, maybe it's "just a game". Your effort to demean other's likes and commitment is obvious.
But others can see this like any other hobby you can think of. Hobbies are what people do to pass their time and to enjoy themselves, but hobbies are taken seriously. They do take time and real money. On ocassions, they do alter the usual routines. This is no different than a hobby

But again, you missed OPs point. Problem is BW knew patch was going to be delayed and they didn't care enough to let people know in advanced (like, more than 24 hs). What's the downside to communicating ? Really ?
When people are taking off from work to compete in a Raid that no one *actually* cares about who killed what first... That is not a hobby. It's called an Addiction and a serious one at that if it's effecting their real world income and life sustainability.

As for communicating: Would you like Bioware to go back to the days of Stephen Reid and have his communication skills?

I sure as hell wouldn't. This new community team has been doing an excellent job. Whining about a raid being out a day later because some people FOOLISHLY took off work to clear the raid is just unbelievably disgusting.

ImpactHound's Avatar


ImpactHound
07.09.2013 , 10:09 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
When people are taking off from work to compete in a Raid that no one *actually* cares about who killed what first... That is not a hobby. It's called an Addiction and a serious one at that if it's effecting their real world income and life sustainability.

As for communicating: Would you like Bioware to go back to the days of Stephen Reid and have his communication skills?

I sure as hell wouldn't. This new community team has been doing an excellent job. Whining about a raid being out a day later because some people FOOLISHLY took off work to clear the raid is just unbelievably disgusting.
King Casual right here.

What is it like to live without passion? At least your criticisms are lukewarm.

veyl's Avatar


veyl
07.09.2013 , 10:24 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
King Casual right here.

What is it like to live without passion? At least your criticisms are lukewarm.
You can be passionate about something without it effecting your real life job and income buddy. Please come back to reality.

Also: I cleared all the content in that "king casual" mode that you speak of. The raiding in this game is a joke... and nothing compared to vanilla wow // Burning Crusade raiding pre nerfs. I did all of that too without it EVER interfering with my job.

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
07.09.2013 , 02:30 PM | #55
Wow how disappointing to see how some people are reacting to this thread. They completely missed the point of BW lack of communication on something they knew in advanced and failed to tell us about. I don't know what's worse the failure of BW to communicate or the fact that some of the swtor community would rather jump on the forums to insult and demean others for trying to be competitive in this game.