Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch + Nightmare SV

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LtGeneralGezlin
07.08.2013 , 10:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
People had called in and gotten a day off in advance so they are missing out on RL money because they were expecting this to be released when BW posted the date. If BW had posted before the holiday since they obviously knew there would be a delay in advance then those people could have switched their day off. So now they either miss out on tues and have to wait a day and start later than expected or they get to try to get a 2nd day off missing out on more money. A simple heads up by BW would have been greatly appreciated.
You took a day off.... for a game.... A GAME! If a game is more important to you then a job, then you need to reexamine your life.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 55 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 55 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Ansalem
07.08.2013 , 10:59 AM | #12
Hardcore end game progression guilds will alter their schedules around new content release. And yes eventhough this isnt technically new it it a new mode. You don't have to like it, you don't have to agree with it, but you do have to realize guilds do it. Just because you aren't on that level doesn't mean others don't strive to be the best or close to it.

bowlergirl
07.08.2013 , 11:00 AM | #13
Didn't TFB NiM drop on at Wednesday/Thursday? Just like then, save your lockout if you plan to run SV NiM.

znihilist
07.08.2013 , 11:05 AM | #14
Hardcore end game progression guilds will alter their schedules around new content release. And yes eventhough this isnt technically new it it a new mode. You don't have to like it, you don't have to agree with it, but you do have to realize guilds do it. Just because you aren't on that level doesn't mean others don't strive to be the best or close to it.

-sigh-
Can I go cry now ?

Ansalem
07.08.2013 , 11:05 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by bowlergirl View Post
Didn't TFB NiM drop on at Wednesday/Thursday? Just like then, save your lockout if you plan to run SV NiM.
yeah they waited until the live stream event like 4 or 5 days before tues to announce that delay. The lockout isnt the issue it was scheduling for the previously posted release date.

Inflicktion
07.08.2013 , 11:15 AM | #16
I'll never understand why BW keeps trying so hard to please the hardcore raiders when it's obvious they'll never be happy.

Zilik
07.08.2013 , 11:19 AM | #17
...my guildies changing their schedules in anticipation of patch with new content.
You could be the greatest and most hardcore guild of raiders ever put together but the fact is, regardless of what BW did, does or otherwise, your own anticipation made you assume something and you were wrong. Unless its posted and THEN changed, well then i could see you having a legit argument, but for now i see this as your own fault.

ElyvnFrenzy
07.08.2013 , 11:21 AM | #18
To be fair it's expected that the patch will be delayed on a short notice if I recall correctly HM ec:Thursday TFB Thursday NiM ec thursday HM SaV what they got it right Tuesday NiM TFB Wednesday

Ansalem
07.08.2013 , 11:56 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Zilik View Post
You could be the greatest and most hardcore guild of raiders ever put together but the fact is, regardless of what BW did, does or otherwise, your own anticipation made you assume something and you were wrong. Unless its posted and THEN changed, well then i could see you having a legit argument, but for now i see this as your own fault.
It was actually posted with the summer updates that the patch and nightmare SV would be released on july 9th. According to eric's post in this thread amber is going to update later today on patch/maintenance.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=652060

Chickensevil
07.08.2013 , 12:03 PM | #20
It was actually posted with the summer updates that the patch and nightmare SV would be released on july 9th. According to eric's post in this thread amber is going to update later today on patch/maintenance.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=652060
Which they said was subject to change at any time... So since they hadn't posted a maintenance message yet it would have been a better assumption that it would be delayed.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory