Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My PvP impressions of the Pyro build(lvl 25)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
My PvP impressions of the Pyro build(lvl 25)

MJR_ONE
12.22.2011 , 01:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Loubbo View Post
Although, I can see what you mean by bread and butter for pyro (reseting CD), what I believe Taugrim was saying is that RS is the blow that tips the scales for AP. With 60% armour penetration and a guaranteed crit it is insanely good and doesn't matter if its not the main source of damage. It is the ability that kills them.

As a side I'm looking to try this out. My only thoughts would be to go higher into pyro to get 30% RS crit damage and lose out on the RP damage and charge. Which would turn out better I definitely need to test.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...RboMZZbIbrzh.1
I also like this build, but have not tested it. Do you know if the icendiary missle counts as burn effect for the free heat vent of superheated rail if one is using the shieldtech cylinder, or do you have to switch cylinders?

Torothin
12.22.2011 , 03:25 PM | #12
How important is that 3% endurance at the bottom right of the tree? Does it really make a difference if you're going the DPS route?

Twizzlar
12.22.2011 , 04:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Torothin View Post
How important is that 3% endurance at the bottom right of the tree? Does it really make a difference if you're going the DPS route?
IMO the 3% endurance isn't really worth it. That's too many points to only get 3%.

Loubbo
12.23.2011 , 02:17 AM | #14
The endurance isn't worth it at all, its just a means to an end. You are using ion cell, so no reason to put points into the others (with the exception of the 30% armor pen and extra heat vent), but you have to put points somewhere to get higher tiers. All the 2-4% endurance talents need to be removed for all classes in my opinion. They are horribly unoriginal, boring and nonfunctional.

Loubbo
12.23.2011 , 02:23 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MJR_ONE View Post
I also like this build, but have not tested it. Do you know if the icendiary missle counts as burn effect for the free heat vent of superheated rail if one is using the shieldtech cylinder, or do you have to switch cylinders?
As far as the talent description goes it should, if it actually functions as it says is an entirely different matter. The incnd missile should cause the burn effect. Lvling a BH now to test it.

Torothin
12.23.2011 , 07:59 AM | #16
This will be my final build. I'm at 28 now and that particle accelerator is a beast. Railshot almost after every flame burst/rocket punch is so nice. I am soling 35's with relative ease.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMZMcZfhbrzGhrs.1

Thoughts?

Mcdunk
12.23.2011 , 11:04 AM | #17
Thermal Detonator, totaly worthless... singel target nuke.. better of with Explosive aDart man

Torothin
12.23.2011 , 12:08 PM | #18
Are you 100% sure about this?

deadempty
12.23.2011 , 12:49 PM | #19
railshot pyrotech
90% armor pen
30/45% proc with free heat
15% additional damage
36% crit bonus

railshot AP
60% armor pen
3% crit bonus
6% additional damage
proc auto crit

looks like pyros rely heavily on RS and APs on Retractable blade and FB procs

gundamemo
12.23.2011 , 01:49 PM | #20
I respec to pyro for a couple of level and i don't quite like it.

Granted I'm only 38 atm, but I think pyro will really shine at 46 once you get the rest of multiplier from other tress (+6% crit for fire, 60% armor penetration for example)

Its too proc based and hence heat management is unreliable... I mean one good thing is that you can kite nicely by applying flame burst... but sometimes you get no proc and you're sitting there with high heat and no way to keep the pressure on.

It does have pretty good single target dps... I'll see how it fairs in pvp once I get to 46 with all the complimentary talents... this spec should be a dot/crit spec

Somehow I think I'll go back to shield tech... its low dps but durable and mobile.