Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

astrobearx
07.06.2013 , 01:31 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by SkunkWerks View Post
A "sense of achievement" is a subjective concept not everyone answering this thread shares, clearly.

Case in point: if I wanted a sense of achievement, I'd be building a house for impoverished people in a third world country and not playing a video game.
right on the money.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Cyberwoman
07.06.2013 , 01:31 PM | #32
I would have much preferred it if Treek was introduced via a long solo story quest rather then via Legacy or CM. As it is, I am fine with her being added both CM and Legacy instead. It gives players a choice, and in the end she is an optional companion who offers no real benefit over any other. If they started putting high-level gear or instant level 55 characters on the CM, then I would complain. As it is, I dont see why Treek should be a Legacy exclusive. That idea smells a little bit like elitism to me...
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora

Andryah
07.06.2013 , 02:06 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyberwoman View Post
I would have much preferred it if Treek was introduced via a long solo story quest rather then via Legacy or CM. As it is, I am fine with her being added both CM and Legacy instead. It gives players a choice, and in the end she is an optional companion who offers no real benefit over any other. If they started putting high-level gear or instant level 55 characters on the CM, then I would complain. As it is, I dont see why Treek should be a Legacy exclusive. That idea smells a little bit like elitism to me...
/Agree.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

thatghost
07.06.2013 , 02:08 PM | #34
Treek Option 1: Cartel Coins- real-life-cash? Here's your fuzzball.
Treek Option 2: 1 million credits- in-game cash but no legacy level nor real-life cash? Here's your fuzzball.
Treek Option 3: Legacy Level 40- you've put up with a lot of nonsense, broken promises and grinding because you still love the game but haven't the in-game cash nor real-life cash? Here's your fuzzball.

^ Now that's "win-win", in my opinion. I think what some people with Legacy 40+ are so ticked off about is that little "and" currently residing in between "Legacy Level 40" and "1 Million Credits". I think, which denotes it's my opinion. I want to make that very clear- key word: opinion.

I think I've leveled too many IAs.

But really. I never thought I'd see so much tumult and angst and ill will over an ewok, of all things...I guess I'm not as jaded as I thought I was...

Ayelinna
07.06.2013 , 02:10 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
Knock it off people, gets boring after a while and I don't think anyonecan put up a bigger rant show then user " ayelinna" or whatever he/she's called.

Peace.

** Legacy 50, 3.5 mill creds and 1k coins, can buy treek with whatever legacy requirement is or isn't there, and whatever creds or coins cost she has **
Oh look, you've called out another player in other threads. Thats against the rules I think Reported for harassment. Enjoy.

branmakmuffin
07.06.2013 , 02:15 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Jovi-Scarlet View Post
Okay, so...do it your way. And other people will do it their way. Problem solved.
That's too easy.

Machine-Elf
07.06.2013 , 09:46 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
That's too easy.
I think you may have missed the point of the thread.

DoitiEtok
07.07.2013 , 09:20 AM | #38
The real problem here is the assumption that Treek was meant to be a legacy unlock in the first place. While I like the idea of having something useful at high end legacy(as I am getting close to 50), this companion sounds like it was made primarily for the CM, with the option for long time players to pay credits instead.

If you look at it from this standpoint, the legacy level isn't the point at which you should get Treek, but instead is the point that you are rewarded for previous time.(all this without taking any prices into account, cc or credits)

Just an alternate perspective though.

Dismayven
07.07.2013 , 09:22 AM | #39
QQ son lol

Machine-Elf
07.07.2013 , 09:31 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Dismayven View Post
QQ son lol
LOL that was funny dawg!