Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

Andryah
08.08.2013 , 11:18 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I'm pretty sure, that anyone who has bothered to grind lvl 40+ legacy wouldn't think achieving that as being 'fluff.'

Grinding your legacy level is actually harder than raiding, because you have to do it all on your own, not rely on a number of other people to help you.

I think the reason legacy level achievement gets so little recognition, is because few people have it very high, and so they've written it off as sour grapes, and try to belittle it, or anything that can be earned/bought with high legacy levels. I've seen people crying about legacy and how hard it is to grind up...it's a sign that some people don't want to do something that is hard to earn.
You don't grind legacy in this game. You play the game and the legacy xp comes with every activity you do. That is why the legacy unlocks are called "perks" rather then achievements or mission rewards, etc. etc.

Basically, you gain legacy for "time served". It is essentially a "seniority" recognition with perks that go along with it. Some people who think of it as grinding for it are bent because they get perks, rather then meaningful grind style rewards.

People can puff up chest all day long about what a marvelous achievement legacy is or what a horrendous "grind" it is... but it's nothing more then puffing chest by whatever side of the argument people choose to take.

And why is this thread still being prosecuted? It's done. Treek is live. She's a million credits for legacy 40 players, or about 2M credits off the GTN for anyone, or 2100 CCs. Each player if free to choose how they want to acquire her, or if they even want to acquire her.
"We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as WE are." ~Anais Nin

Lunafox
08.09.2013 , 12:03 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
You don't grind legacy in this game. You play the game and the legacy xp comes with every activity you do. That is why the legacy unlocks are called "perks" rather then achievements or mission rewards, etc. etc.

Basically, you gain legacy for "time served". It is essentially a "seniority" recognition with perks that go along with it. Some people who think of it as grinding for it are bent because they get perks, rather then meaningful grind style rewards.

People can puff up chest all day long about what a marvelous achievement legacy is or what a horrendous "grind" it is... but it's nothing more then puffing chest by whatever side of the argument people choose to take.

And why is this thread still being prosecuted? It's done. Treek is live. She's a million credits for legacy 40 players, or about 2M credits off the GTN for anyone, or 2100 CCs. Each player if free to choose how they want to acquire her, or if they even want to acquire her.
Points at my legacy lvl...you don't have to tell me how to do it. But god help the poor person trying to do it with 1 or 2 toons....And plenty of people puff up about a lot of things, this is my one thing I'm proud of, so no one is going to keep me from puffing up about it. I'm proud to be legacy 50.

It's a grind like anything else. If you think playing the same stories over and over again isn't a grind, let me tell ya lol. Hell you should know, you said you have like 20 alts or something on another thread.

Zandilar
08.09.2013 , 12:18 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Points at my legacy lvl...you don't have to tell me how to do it. But god help the poor person trying to do it with 1 or 2 toons....And plenty of people puff up about a lot of things, this is my one thing I'm proud of, so no one is going to keep me from puffing up about it. I'm proud to be legacy 50.
I'm legacy 38 or so with like 13 characters on one server, not all of them 50 (only three are 50+). I started at the start, but took a huge break from mid last year to about march this year.

Legacy does appear to have been designed with alt players in mind, given that it comes with the whole family tree thing and special perks unlocked when you play more than one class to 50. Anyone doing it with less than a full roster of characters is going to have a tough time going anywhere with it fast.

Quote:
It's a grind like anything else. If you think playing the same stories over and over again isn't a grind, let me tell ya lol. Hell you should know, you said you have like 20 alts or something on another thread.
I don't think it's a grind, because you only gain legacy indirectly from doing other activities. You can't directly spend time on just legacy, you have to be doing something else - even grinding dailies yields credits and tokens.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.