Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

crqp's Avatar


crqp
08.08.2013 , 06:36 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by WillHolmes View Post
im waiting for my 80 million creds and legacy 50 to feel useful
This is not part of the subject i know but could u lend me some of those creds if so thanks seriously
Nak'drayn lvl 55-Jedi Covenant-Mercanary
Guild - Pitch Black
Legacy-the Bloodtail Legacy
Long Live Mandalore!

Thuggie's Avatar


Thuggie
08.08.2013 , 07:06 AM | #122
There is a saying where I am from, worry about yourself not others and it will pay off. Who cares how others get it, why would it make you any less satisfied you still worked hard for it which should be the satisfying part of it. Instead you whine about how you worked hard and someone else didn't.

Well, I am here to tell you brainiac I worked hell hard for the 20 dollars I used to buy him. Prolly harder every day of my life then you ever work playing a video game, so don't tell the people that made the choice to buy him they didn't work hard, because I am sure every dollar spent was earned.

Thank you sir.

Baron_Blackhack's Avatar


Baron_Blackhack
08.08.2013 , 07:31 AM | #123
let people enjoy the game on their convenience.

If they want to buy or get it through creds/legacy 40 then by all means, "to each his own."

People sure are making a lot of drama on an item/comp that they do not want hehe...

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
08.08.2013 , 08:14 AM | #124
I don't think there is any problem with making treek available through the market.

By the same token I do not see making the tauntaun mount available by in game means only a bad thing either.

I think both are acceptable, and I would guess most find both acceptable as well.

curtkram's Avatar


curtkram
08.08.2013 , 08:21 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuggie View Post
There is a saying where I am from, worry about yourself not others and it will pay off. Who cares how others get it, why would it make you any less satisfied you still worked hard for it which should be the satisfying part of it. Instead you whine about how you worked hard and someone else didn't.

Well, I am here to tell you brainiac I worked hell hard for the 20 dollars I used to buy him. Prolly harder every day of my life then you ever work playing a video game, so don't tell the people that made the choice to buy him they didn't work hard, because I am sure every dollar spent was earned.

Thank you sir.
there are single player games and there are mmo's. entirely different. now i'm not saying you should leave this game. i think it's great you're here, but from what i understand you enjoy from the above statements, there are a couple alternatives you could look at.

you might enjoy skryim more than an mmo. you can open the console, and i think the command is "tgm" to 'toggle god mode.' then you just hit the button that looks fun and you can enjoy the game however you want. however, i don't think skyrim has an option to spend real-life money buying stuff. if that was the thing you're saying you enjoy, you might also enjoy the home shopping network. they have frequent new content updates, and all you have to do is click to buy.

the thing with an mmo is that you're actions do effect others. that's kind of the point. they put other people into the same gamespace so that other people's decisions effect you, and you effect them. that's the fundamental difference between an mmo like this and a single player game. your effect on the game will be especially prominent for those of us who like the "game" aspect if they tailor future development to your needs. if they turn this mmo into a game focused on thinking other people's actions shouldn't be effecting your game, as well as purchasing $20 ewoks, i don't think it would want to stay subbed.

astrobearx's Avatar


astrobearx
08.08.2013 , 08:26 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I don't think there is any problem with making treek available through the market.

By the same token I do not see making the tauntaun mount available by in game means only a bad thing either.

I think both are acceptable, and I would guess most find both acceptable as well.
indeed, in fact, was extremely pleased that the taun taun was available ONLY via in game means. while im am a defender of the CM, i do realized that NOT EVERYTHING has to go thru the CM.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Akow's Avatar


Akow
08.08.2013 , 08:40 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
indeed, in fact, was extremely pleased that the taun taun was available ONLY via in game means. while im am a defender of the CM, i do realized that NOT EVERYTHING has to go thru the CM.
I bought treek on the CM, i'm only legacy lvl 16 . But I wish they would of added a quest op for it like the new mount . would of been a great level 10 quest when first landing on fleet or even tie it to the starting flash point your able to do

Thuggie's Avatar


Thuggie
08.08.2013 , 08:59 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
there are single player games and there are mmo's. entirely different. now i'm not saying you should leave this game. i think it's great you're here, but from what i understand you enjoy from the above statements, there are a couple alternatives you could look at.

you might enjoy skryim more than an mmo. you can open the console, and i think the command is "tgm" to 'toggle god mode.' then you just hit the button that looks fun and you can enjoy the game however you want. however, i don't think skyrim has an option to spend real-life money buying stuff. if that was the thing you're saying you enjoy, you might also enjoy the home shopping network. they have frequent new content updates, and all you have to do is click to buy.

the thing with an mmo is that you're actions do effect others. that's kind of the point. they put other people into the same gamespace so that other people's decisions effect you, and you effect them. that's the fundamental difference between an mmo like this and a single player game. your effect on the game will be especially prominent for those of us who like the "game" aspect if they tailor future development to your needs. if they turn this mmo into a game focused on thinking other people's actions shouldn't be effecting your game, as well as purchasing $20 ewoks, i don't think it would want to stay subbed.
No man you are wrong. My game is hardly effected by someone else companions, or someone's bought speeder, or even someone's bought appearance armor. Oh its gonna cause inflation? Wrong because you can only send out 5 companions no matter what, even if you have 20. So please tell me how me purchasing it with money or credits is going matter.

Lastly don't lecture me on mmo's and single player games, I have been playing mmo's since you were in a diaper boy.

curtkram's Avatar


curtkram
08.08.2013 , 09:20 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuggie View Post
Lastly don't lecture me on mmo's and single player games, I have been playing mmo's since you were in a diaper boy.
i'm willing to bet this isn't true. in my youth i played a text based multi-player game on a green screen screen over a 9 line bulletin board with a 9600 baud modem.

i was only trying to help. if you want to believe you're an island, i can't stop you, but that could be coming from the same sort of imaginary fabricated reality you based your assumptions of me on. if you don't have facts to work with, you might as well make stuff up right?

Thuggie's Avatar


Thuggie
08.08.2013 , 10:05 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
i'm willing to bet this isn't true. in my youth i played a text based multi-player game on a green screen screen over a 9 line bulletin board with a 9600 baud modem.

i was only trying to help. if you want to believe you're an island, i can't stop you, but that could be coming from the same sort of imaginary fabricated reality you based your assumptions of me on. if you don't have facts to work with, you might as well make stuff up right?
Yeah might as well make stuff up. Only a child would start an off topic about single player games when we are clearly talking about an MMO. But its nice to see the lack of ability you have of being able to stay on topic.

Companions don't matter in this game period except to the solo player, which means they don't hurt the economy in any way shape or form. If anything the cartel cost of the item, helps the player base. An older person would realize this.

It makes the game more profitable which in turn is spent on making the game better, a typical business model.

Again it doesn't effect anyone, and again I will go into detail. What are some abilities companions have?

1. They a gather mats for the player for a fee. However at level 55 you can only send 5 out at a time, so the number of mats gathered doesn't increase or decrease.
2. They help the player solo some content. However, this doesn't affect the player base. Why? Because there were already companions available to us. At any given moment a player can only have 1 companion out and fighting at a time. They can help you do heroic +2, however again this isn't the new companion specific.
3. They can gather materials for you in the open world. This really effects the player base bro, the player being able to move quickly to the next node leaving the companion to get the first is almost game breaking, but again it isn't specific to the new companion.

Now I will go over pros of selling the companion on the cartel market.

1. Bioware makes more money which in turn makes the game better.
2. Some classes don't get a healer early on, the new companion can heal, therefore it will make people who are just learning the dos and don'ts of the game a little more leverage.
3. Some players only have a single toon, which would take a long time to get Legacy 40, though I am not one of these players they should not be denied of a cute ewok because they don't want but a single character.
4. Some players only log on to raid, and help people which puts a strain on their credits. Offering a different method of buying more or less fluff material isn't a bad model.

Now I will state the cons to selling the companion on the cartel market.

1. People who are selfish and self centered will whine and cry about people who didn't "work for the companion" by obtaining legacy level 40, and the credits needed ( which is happening in the thread ). When in all honesty how hard is it to smash buttons in a game compared to spending hard earned money of real life. Hmm in comparison people should almost prefer to buy it in game.

In closing you haven't presented a single way in which it will have a negative impact on the over all game. You are still running your mouth, while I wait for a single piece of productive information to accidentally spew from it. Your statement is wrong, this has nothing to do with single player . Even if it did, companions are more used for the solo player than the group scene which validates the above points even more.

Thanks for your input. KK THX BI