Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

Ratajack
07.07.2013 , 05:47 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Please stop judging and name calling people who have different tastes/wants in a game. It's not constructive and it does not give you credibility in your opinions.

Personally, I can acquire Treek either way as I have the ability and the means to do so. Yet, I do not begrudge any player for wanting to acquire Treek the way they choose to. The game developers are offering two paths to Treek. Players are therefore by definition allowed to use either path, or even both paths for different characters if they want.

Just stop with the pejorative name calling and judgmental accusations.
First, I call 'em like I see "em. Always have and always will.

Second, I have no objection to the use of CC's OR credits to purchase Treek, as long as BOTH options have either the same additional requirements, or no additional requirements.

SkunkWerks
07.07.2013 , 05:51 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Why do you think sense of achievement in game has to do with one's sense of achievement in life?
Am I not the same person in life who plays a game?

Why would these things not be linked?

Honestly I think this is about bragging rights, and it bothers you that my standards in this category are higher than yours.

SithKoriandr
07.07.2013 , 06:02 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by SkunkWerks View Post

Honestly I think this is about bragging rights, and it bothers you that my standards in this category are higher than yours.
Not really. I can separate game and RL. I also have no intention of going after bragging rights.

Seriously, I hit level cap and/or complete the storylines, and I'm good. I don't go about going after the ELITE gear, which basically is about achievement (or as you just called it, bragging rights).

And I see nothing wrong with bragging rights in the game. In fact, I'd be more inclined to go through the HMs and such, if they had an item I wanted and couldn't get any other way.

TOR sadly, has no such items.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

astrobearx
07.07.2013 , 06:07 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
You don't think one can have a sense of achievement in their entertainment?

Do you PvP to...lose? I mean, when I PvP I PvP for fun, don't get upset that I lost, but still, I try to win. And winning is an achievement.

Achievement
Noun
A thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.

So, basically, one can have achievement in a game I know. Hard concept for some to grasp. You know that English language, it's just so hard.
red: no i dont believe there is any form of a achievement in beating a game is important or meaningful. to think otherwise IS STUPID. tell me, on your job resume, do you put down all your (video) game achievement(s) for your potential employer or hirer to see?

blue: whether i win or lose in pvp is meaningless. if i win, i get a few more valor, credits and xp (if pre 55);however, if i lose i still get valor, credits and xp (if pre 55). winning is relevant if i decide if it is meaningful or less (which tbh, lately pvp isnt fun as much). in (video) games, any form of accomplishment is really nothing to brag about as ANYONE (with enough time) can do the same thing as everyone else.

seagreen: indeed, one can have "achievements" within a video game" but your achievement isnt truly meaningful as it something that doesnt have meaning beyond this community;however, any achievement in real life carries as actual feats.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Machine-Elf
07.07.2013 , 06:12 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by SkunkWerks View Post

Because we're talking about a videogame, entertainment; not the grander theater of life.
I've seen your line of reasoning used before in these forums, and it needs to stop. Person X says: "I'm frustrated about this feature in the game", only to have Person Y immediately jump in with: "you're FRUSTRATED with a videogame?! Why would you be FRUSTRATED with a videogame?! Losing your job, not being able to make ends meet, failing to keep a promise to a loved one, that's frustration!".

Jeez, learn to put things in their proper context. You're in a videogame forum for Christ's sake.

Andryah
07.07.2013 , 06:14 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Jeez, learn to put things in their proper context. You're in a videogame forum for Christ's sake.
The person you are scolding was not the one that declared achievement to be some super human aspect of importance inside a video game.

By the way.. this is all your fault for starting the thread you know.
"We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as WE are." ~Anais Nin

Machine-Elf
07.07.2013 , 06:14 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
red: no i dont believe there is any form of a achievement in beating a game is important or meaningful. to think otherwise IS STUPID. tell me, on your job resume, do you put down all your (video) game achievement(s) for your potential employer or hirer to see?

blue: whether i win or lose in pvp is meaningless. if i win, i get a few more valor, credits and xp (if pre 55);however, if i lose i still get valor, credits and xp (if pre 55). winning is relevant if i decide if it is meaningful or less (which tbh, lately pvp isnt fun as much). in (video) games, any form of accomplishment is really nothing to brag about as ANYONE (with enough time) can do the same thing as everyone else.

seagreen: indeed, one can have "achievements" within a video game" but your achievement isnt truly meaningful as it something that doesnt have meaning beyond this community;however, any achievement in real life carries as actual feats.
Let me ask you ask you a quick question: do you take joy, or any kind of pleasure from this game?

Machine-Elf
07.07.2013 , 06:15 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
The person you are scolding was not the one that declared achievement to be some super human aspect of importance inside a video game.

By the way.. this is all your fault for starting the thread you know.
hahaha yeah I know...
Where's the delete button, right?!

SithKoriandr
07.07.2013 , 06:18 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post

blue: whether i win or lose in pvp is meaningless. if i win, i get a few more valor, credits and xp (if pre 55);however, if i lose i still get valor, credits and xp (if pre 55). winning is relevant if i decide if it is meaningless (which tbh, lately pvp isnt fun as much). in (video) games, any form of accomplishment is really nothing to brag about as ANYONE (with enough time) can do the same thing as everyone else.

And there you go! Beyond THIS COMMUNITY! For TOR, the only community that matters is the TOR community. And some players (not me, I just don't disagree with them) want that sign showing that form of accomplishment in game amongst the game community.

Now I see the difference between game and real life. I don't see why those players who want a sense of achievement in their game can't see the difference between game and real life. Maybe they want achievement in both

But let's go with what you said. Sooo, sense this is all just entertainment, why be against people paying for Advance Class changes or paying to be instantly at level 55?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

astrobearx
07.07.2013 , 06:19 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Let me ask you ask you a quick question: do you take joy, or any kind of pleasure from this game?
why yes, yes i do. i love star wars and i have bought every SW game since 2000 for the PS series, pc and on xbox 360. thing here is that i dont stock too much into beating a video game because it exist to be defeated by a child. therefore if a 7 year old child can beat a video game with ease (and my son and nephew has beat many games with little effort) then the games challenges are quite meaningless as anyone can do it. the only game i say that it is truly challenging is chess because it is all about the players mentality of strategic warfare than just pushing around a few pieces (or in this case, buttons)
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.