Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Knite_Gilnorn
07.09.2013 , 08:49 PM | #481
When your subbed to something, say for example a Magazine Comp. Do you expect little things on holidays or any day really that's going to reward you over, say someone that reads those same mags for free when they're in line at Walgreens? Nope, except for expecting them to be delivered to where you've asked them to be.

So then why should subbing to a game get you more then it already does vs a F2P'er? Subs have a ton of content exclusive to them that F2P'ers either don't have access to, or access is very limited; we also get about %30 of our monthly sub returned back to us in the form of in game store cash.

Saying you need to feel like and need them to show that your $15 a month is more appreciated than it already is just makes you sound like a spoiled, entitled brat that doesn't know how to appreciate things.

Sorry to tell you this, but your Sub gets you access to most of this games content. It shouldn't entitle you to anything else like a special mount or pet or any other in game item.

astrobearx
07.09.2013 , 08:55 PM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by knite_gilnorn View Post
when your subbed to something, say for example a magazine comp. Do you expect little things on holidays or any day really that's going to reward you over, say someone that reads those same mags for free when they're in line at walgreens? Nope, except for expecting them to be delivered to where you've asked them to be.

So then why should subbing to a game get you more then it already does vs a f2p'er? Subs have a ton of content exclusive to them that f2p'ers either don't have access to, or access is very limited; we also get about %30 of our monthly sub returned back to us in the form of in game store cash.

Saying you need to feel like and need them to show that your $15 a month is more appreciated than it already is just makes you sound like a spoiled, entitled brat that doesn't know how to appreciate things.

Sorry to tell you this, but your sub gets you access to most of this games content. It shouldn't entitle you to anything else like a special mount or pet or any other in game item.
nailed it
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Jandi
07.09.2013 , 08:56 PM | #483
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.
I would really love to hear what she would say if you gave her 5$ as a present.

Grayseven
07.10.2013 , 12:26 AM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by Knite_Gilnorn View Post
When your subbed to something, say for example a Magazine Comp. Do you expect little things on holidays or any day really that's going to reward you over, say someone that reads those same mags for free when they're in line at Walgreens? Nope, except for expecting them to be delivered to where you've asked them to be.

So then why should subbing to a game get you more then it already does vs a F2P'er? Subs have a ton of content exclusive to them that F2P'ers either don't have access to, or access is very limited; we also get about %30 of our monthly sub returned back to us in the form of in game store cash.

Sorry to tell you this, but your Sub gets you access to most of this games content. It shouldn't entitle you to anything else like a special mount or pet or any other in game item.
Apples and Oranges. And, to be honest, magazines often give swag if you resub, so your analogy doesn't work.

And no one expected a reward. This subscriber award was announced by EA/BW because subscribers were feeling very put out by the intense focus on the Cartel Market to the detriment of regular content. The gripe is that the appreciation they showed was nothing more than a gift card to a shop a number of subscribers finds is doing more harm to the game than good.

Pay attention the actual conversation and think hard about your analogies before you post.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.