Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
07.08.2013 , 02:19 PM | #361
If I were to make three assumptions....

1) The vast majority of the playerbase likely welcomes and appreciates the free coins.
2) The grant was probably motivated by player feedback based on the concern over the appearance system requiring coins for use
3) The fervor that exists has more to do with distaste for the F2P/Market model and the recent letdown when players discovered the new comp would be available as a CC unlock than it has to do with actual concerns about a proper way to treat customers and show appreciation.


Now, that said....

There is no reasonable reason, IMO, that Bioware could not offer something unique to subscribers. I have suggested some type of interval reward system...there are other ideas.

I also do not think it is unreasonable to point out that, considering the current fervor it might be a good idea to throw subs a bone or two.

This is how it is likely going to be from now on ladies and gents....the game is moving toward a broader casual appeal. The days of hardcore appeal are likely over, not just here but in the entire market.

F2P hybrid models are the likely future of MMOs. Like it or not, that is how it is. That means casuals rule the day.

Blackavaar's Avatar


Blackavaar
07.08.2013 , 02:21 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
I am so glad I didn't know the right title.
LOL, yeah.

Note: Just because I knew the correct title does not mean I am a fan of the movie or of any film made by that hack director, Michael Bay.

.
Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
07.08.2013 , 02:21 PM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by Inflicktion View Post
You're honestly na´ve enough to believe this wasn't meant to encourage purchasing more CC?
Naive? LOL.

How about, mature enough to realize that this won't encourage normal people with self-control to purchase additional CCs.

Newsflash -- NOTHING they could've done would've been without complaint. The fact that something was done at all is good enough for me. I don't understand the mindset that people "deserve" more. Why? You CHOOSE to pay for a subscription, and you know what you will get. If you aren't happy with what you will get -- don't buy it anymore!

If I bought ANY OTHER consumer product -- subscription-based or non-sub based -- I wouldn't continue to purchase it and get pissed off that they don't do the things I want to the product. I'd stop wasting my money on something.

If you feel that BW NEEDS to do something to make you feel special -- you should probably re-evaluate your choice of paying to play this game. Clearly it isn't good enough for you.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
The Force clearly states that the sanctity of romance should be between two consenting HUMANOIDS. Maker created Adam and Eve and Steve and Thralk and Shenshu'vernia, not Adam and Muk-Muk!

Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
07.08.2013 , 02:25 PM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]1) The vast majority of the playerbase likely welcomes and appreciates the free coins.
Thats because they dont use the forums.

Its like voting. People have the right to vote but some people just dont care

UltimateKrucible's Avatar


UltimateKrucible
07.08.2013 , 02:26 PM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Naive? LOL.

Newsflash -- NOTHING they could've done would've been without complaint.
Well, now - I don't seem to remember anyone complaining abou the 'Founder' title. I think a lot of subscribers - myself included - were expecting something unique. Something that marks us out as, well, subscribers - a new mount, a title ... even a pet (although that would have been pushing it, given the number already available and their general uselessness.)

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect devs who work full-time on this game to come up with something the playerbase would respond to positively. But then again, maybe they don't actually know us all that well?

Isn't that what gift certificates are for? To give to someone when you don't know what they'd like?
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
07.08.2013 , 02:27 PM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post

Newsflash -- NOTHING they could've done would've been without complaint.
Erm...they could have not told us and not set our expectations so high?

Quote:
If you feel that BW NEEDS to do something to make you feel special -- you should probably re-evaluate your choice of paying to play this game. Clearly it isn't good enough for you.
Again, a common but pointless and ignorant argument. How about you accept the fact people have different needs/feelings/opinions than you.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
07.08.2013 , 02:27 PM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Thats because they dont use the forums.

Its like voting. People have the right to vote but some people just dont care
...I don't think it's because they don't use the forums. I think it's because they like free stuff. Pretty much any free stuff.

But yes, many folks don't likely care about this sort of thing. That doesn't mean it should be ignored or dismissed, but it is a likely reality that we should probably accept and respect.

Like it or not, majority rules.

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
07.08.2013 , 02:28 PM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Again, a common but pointless and ignorant argument. How about you accept the fact people have different needs/feelings/opinions than you.
So, my argument is pointless and ignorant because you CHOOSE to play a game you dislike?

I'm sorry that I expect people to behave rationally -- or at least realize when they are behaving irrationally. Apparently I AM naive for thinking that is possible.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
The Force clearly states that the sanctity of romance should be between two consenting HUMANOIDS. Maker created Adam and Eve and Steve and Thralk and Shenshu'vernia, not Adam and Muk-Muk!

Inflicktion's Avatar


Inflicktion
07.08.2013 , 02:30 PM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Naive? LOL.

How about, mature enough to realize that this won't encourage normal people with self-control to purchase additional CCs.

Newsflash -- NOTHING they could've done would've been without complaint. The fact that something was done at all is good enough for me. I don't understand the mindset that people "deserve" more. Why? You CHOOSE to pay for a subscription, and you know what you will get. If you aren't happy with what you will get -- don't buy it anymore!

If I bought ANY OTHER consumer product -- subscription-based or non-sub based -- I wouldn't continue to purchase it and get pissed off that they don't do the things I want to the product. I'd stop wasting my money on something.

If you feel that BW NEEDS to do something to make you feel special -- you should probably re-evaluate your choice of paying to play this game. Clearly it isn't good enough for you.
Okay, so once again you've started on a completely different point. I've never once said BW needs to do something special for me or anyone else. Or that I thought I'm not getting my money's worth. Stop putting words in my mouth because you can't come up with a retort to our original argument. A simple "I'm wrong" would have sufficed.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
07.08.2013 , 02:31 PM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Again, a common but pointless and ignorant argument. How about you accept the fact people have different needs/feelings/opinions than you.
Careful Ayelinna....though you are just insulting a person's opinion here, probably fair game, not the person directly this could be considered trolling with such a direct insult.

Try the word foolish instead of ignorant. I basically means the same thing but is not quite so inflammatory.. I use it quite a bit. You need to tone it down a bit IMO....but naturally you are entitled to do anything you want.