Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wainot-keel
07.08.2013 , 01:10 PM | #341
Quote: Originally Posted by announcerharris View Post
It's fascinating to me that people are comparing their relationship with a corporation to their relationships with friends and family, and have some expectation that a corporation should treat them in the same way a (good) spouse would.
Tell that to the BW guy who made that analogy and therefore, opening that line of argument.

Arlon_Nabarlly
07.08.2013 , 01:10 PM | #342
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
*walks in with a box suspended in the air against crotch*

Wait, are you telling me that Andy Samberg and Justin Timberlake lied to me?
ROFL! Lonely Island never lies!

Kilora
07.08.2013 , 01:12 PM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by Inflicktion View Post
No what you're describing is more akin to the monthly stipend.

Since this one might be too much let's go back to the amusement park. Let's say that everyone enters free. Some people pay a subscription to ride every ride while others are paying for individual rides. Well one day this amusement park comes out with a new ride, but there's a catch- if you're a subscriber you have to ride (or have ridden previously) a thousand rides before you can get in line, unless you're willing to pay extra that is. While those that don't subscribe can just buy their way right in. You don't see the problem the subscribers would have with that?
Not at all!

Because, if you are a long-term customer, you are being valued. Otherwise, you are being treated normally. But this isn't even on topic. OP is a complaint about being given something for free -- an actual gift to all subs.

So, what OP is discussing -- would be the amusement park handing out free lunch to everyone who is a "subscriber" while others have to pay for it. It is a "special" thing -- and OP is just mad that she created unrealistic expectations and they weren't met.
The Force clearly states that the sanctity of romance should be between two consenting HUMANOIDS. Maker created Adam and Eve and Steve and Thralk and Shenshu'vernia, not Adam and Muk-Muk!

Inflicktion
07.08.2013 , 01:18 PM | #344
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Not at all!

Because, if you are a long-term customer, you are being valued. Otherwise, you are being treated normally. But this isn't even on topic. OP is a complaint about being given something for free -- an actual gift to all subs.

So, what OP is discussing -- would be the amusement park handing out free lunch to everyone who is a "subscriber" while others have to pay for it. It is a "special" thing -- and OP is just mad that she created unrealistic expectations and they weren't met.
Oh, okay. So now we're going to pretend you were replying to the orignal OP after 36 pages instead of the evolved discussion. Gotcha!

Inflicktion
07.08.2013 , 01:23 PM | #345
Not at all!

And just to make everyone happy I'll reply even as if that were the case. Again, the free lunch situation you're describing is more akin to the monthly stipend. Instead it would be like if the amusement park sent out an announcement telling everyone to show up this weekend for something special and it only turns out to be that same free lunch you've been getting.

Fluffyburrito
07.08.2013 , 01:26 PM | #346
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.
I liken it more to an anniversary gift.

To celebrate how faithful your wife has been to you, she expects a special gift in return for all those wonderful years of marriage.

You get her a Visa gift card. Is it thoughtful? Heck no. It's lazy. Is it still a gift? Yes, sure, but there's no reason why you should wonder why your wife is a little sad you didn't get her something thoughtful or take her out to eat on the big day.

Also, I think a lot of us expected a PERMANENT, consistent reward. If you just throw 500 CC at us every once in awhile to appease us, that's not very encouraging.

The only reason I recommend subbing to people is that it's the "best" option for having full access to the game until they stock up weekly passes. There's no... "AND" or "BUT YOU ALSO GET" that is particularly exciting to mention.

Ayelinna
07.08.2013 , 01:29 PM | #347
Not at all!

I'm not complaining about getting something for free...

I'm complaining about the way they "reward" me as a paying customer.

branmakmuffin
07.08.2013 , 01:32 PM | #348
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
I'm not complaining about getting something for free...

I'm complaining about the way they "reward" me as a paying customer.
No, no, no, it's not a reward, it's a slap in the face.

Of course some people would regard that as a reward, from the right person, at the right time, in the right place.

OmenQ
07.08.2013 , 01:46 PM | #349
Quote: Originally Posted by Fluffyburrito View Post
I liken it more to an anniversary gift.

To celebrate how faithful your wife has been to you, she expects a special gift in return for all those wonderful years of marriage.
Since the thread is already a train wreck, I'll just go off topic again. If that's the way your relationships work, then I feel sorry for you. If your wife upholds the basic standard of human decency and expects a gift for it, then you're being played for a fool. If all she does for you on your anniversary is say "Yep, still haven't left you", then there's something seriously wrong with your marriage.

If you have to buy her love with gifts, she doesn't love you.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>

Kilora
07.08.2013 , 01:49 PM | #350
Quote: Originally Posted by Inflicktion View Post
And just to make everyone happy I'll reply even as if that were the case. Again, the free lunch situation you're describing is more akin to the monthly stipend. Instead it would be like if the amusement park sent out an announcement telling everyone to show up this weekend for something special and it only turns out to be that same free lunch you've been getting.
Even that is wrong.

It would be like them saying to show up this weekend -- and giving you the lunch you always recieve AND a free dinner. You got something extra, did you not?

Don't like it? Well -- you can complain that it isn't good enough all you'd like. But it is awfully pathetic to complain about a free gift.
The Force clearly states that the sanctity of romance should be between two consenting HUMANOIDS. Maker created Adam and Eve and Steve and Thralk and Shenshu'vernia, not Adam and Muk-Muk!