Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Moonshadow
07.08.2013 , 11:27 AM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by announcerharris View Post
It's fascinating to me that people are comparing their relationship with a corporation to their relationships with friends and family, and have some expectation that a corporation should treat them in the same way a (good) spouse would.
I think a lot of these people have serious problems with defining relationships.

Which would explain why we're all playing video games rather than forge actually human connections.

Psh, eff it. Jaesa is my waifu.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Tatanka
07.08.2013 , 11:27 AM | #282
What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.
What she really wanted was a SWTOR 2400cc gift card.
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"
Click this not obnoxiously sized referral to add 7 days to your sub, a free server transfer, a jumpstart bundle, and more!
I get stuff,
you get stuff, we both save the galaxy!

Inflicktion
07.08.2013 , 11:29 AM | #283
It's fascinating to me that people are comparing their relationship with a corporation to their relationships with friends and family, and have some expectation that a corporation should treat them in the same way a (good) spouse would.
Maybe you missed the post where a developer for this very game made the exact comparison you're now complaining about. Or is that post now completely irrelevant to the Defense Force?

spectreclees
07.08.2013 , 11:29 AM | #284
I like how the OP says I was expecting a mount, pet or title (something non-subscribers can't get) but everyone can get a mount pet or title. Expecting something exclusive like that would just bring more people crying because they either:

A. Find it ugly and want something else
B. Didn't want said item in the first place
C. Wanted CC instead to buy something they really wanted.

Money was the best choice in this matter.
Referral link for 7 days of free game time and a starter pack.

JimG
07.08.2013 , 11:30 AM | #285
The people complaining about the 500 CC are probably the same people who complain all the "cool stuff" goes into the CM. If BW is supposedly putting all the good stuff into the CM, then CC is the perfect gift.

WillCaedes
07.08.2013 , 11:30 AM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post

A free 500 coins, in addition to my monthly stipend? I'll take it. I already spend around $200 a month on CCs, it is nice to get some for free. Thanks BW/EA! Can't wait to see what the surprise is later on.
The "surprise" is a cheap *** attempt to get you to spend more coins in the market for a title which should have an in-game way of obtaining and NOT for real cash. This is *********** ridiculous.

stephenalandavie
07.08.2013 , 11:31 AM | #287
What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.
You know what would be a great start? fixing all this game's breaking bugs I mean a lot of us bought this game at the beginning, and it wasn't cheap by any standards yet this is the product that's been given to us. Half baked ideas with numerous bugs to boot. A warzone system which can't even manage to fill its spots correctly.

They don't seem to think these are high priority fixes. Never mind half the game populations entire warzone experiences ending prematurely due to this.
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan

branmakmuffin
07.08.2013 , 11:32 AM | #288
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
What she really wanted was a SWTOR 2400cc gift card.
Or what she really wanted was 2400 ccs of legal, responsibly enjoyed adult beverage.

Ayelinna
07.08.2013 , 11:33 AM | #289
Hey erm you might wanna check the first bioware post because he actually does compare it to his relationship with his wife lmao.

branmakmuffin
07.08.2013 , 11:34 AM | #290
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Hey erm you might wanna check the first bioware post because he actually does compare it to his relationship with his wife lmao.
He's talking about his actual relationship with his actual; wife, not his relationship with his employer or with a company which provides him with a service.

So your little quasi-analogy is entirely inapt.