Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ImperialSun
07.06.2013 , 07:50 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
I would have to agree, some people may or may not use the mount. But the mount would be something unique to subscribers only, where as Cartel Coins can be used and purchased by anyone. This is what the whole thread is about.

Some people feel this is just lazy, underwhelming to get 500cc when they could have put a lot more thought into something else.
I'd much rather have the CC thanks BW!! This is better in my opinion because it gives me options instead of someone else choosing what reward I get...options are always good right?

And to the OP....having the same generic mount or pet as 200-500k subscribers does not make you unique would it? It would make you "just the same" as all the other subs

Driz.

Ayelinna
07.06.2013 , 07:52 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
First of all OP this gift of 500 CC was only given to subs. So you trying to open your post by claiming BW did not deliver something sub exclusive was a flat out lie...
Many people got the impression that we would get something sub exclusive considering its "subscriber" appreciation. I mean we already get 600cc per month, but for this I was expecting something other than 500cc..

Quote:
We all know you are elitist, selfish and extremely self entitled....but this latest OP???? Not sure if serious??
Well, reported for harassment.

Quote:
a spoilt brat
Stop harassing me.

Quote:
you complain...
Your opinion.

ImperialSun
07.06.2013 , 07:57 AM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Voxx_Voltaare View Post
It's not hard to grasp. I understand it quite fine. Do you understand what the word semantics means? Yes, this grant was exclusive to subs because only subs got it. That's the literal meaning. I'd wager that a lot of us took the meaning of exclusive to be more like unique. I guess that's our fault. But it was a missed opportunity.

It's like a kid who gets an allowance. The parents notice their kid has been extra helpful around the house and decide to reward them with something special. The kid gets excited at all the prospects of what that might be, but it turns out that they end up just giving them a few bucks extra. It's a build up and a let down. Sure they got a few extra bucks, but it's not exciting. There's no surprise. There's no going around showing friends the cool new thing they got.

Sure some people may be quite happy to get the money. But others were expecting something different. There's no meaning behind it. No effort. If people were clamoring for some sort of appreciation for being subs and putting their money where their mouth is to help support this game, it's like BW literally just tossed a few coins their way to appease them. They took a prime opportunity to make some kind of cool little item as a way of saying thank you, and turned it into a cold lackluster gesture. It's a matter of how you interact with your valued player base.

Is that so hard to grasp?
Well if you want to play the semantics card maybe you should go look up the word unique....

If BW gave a new mount or pet to all paying subs....no single player would have a unique reward either would they...

Or did you really expect each and every player would get a truly unique one off reward?? Or course not. Therefore the only other rational interpretation is that the grant would be unique rather than the item...

Driz.

_tegrof
07.06.2013 , 08:21 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post

I'm sure they kept it as non-denominational as possible. Would hate to have a riot because Subs got some awesome speeder and F2P got the finger.
So what you're saying is....F2P and Sub mean the same thing to them, so really our subs aren't valued....gotcha.

OddballEasyEight
07.06.2013 , 08:28 AM | #215
Many people got the impression that we would get something sub exclusive considering its "subscriber" appreciation. I mean we already get 600cc per month, but for this I was expecting something other than 500cc..
Im sure you complain to your boss when you get an xmas bonus check for 500 quid too... and then tell him that "It would have been better if you got us all a sweater, that would have shown you cared more"

Giving a "unique" item to all subscribers would have failed massively for 3 reasons.
1: It would not be "unique" in any way. Around 500 000 people would have one.
2: Most of those people wouldn't like it. (since most have different tastes and all feel entitled to get what they want. Just look at the outrage when they sent out fireworks for the 1 year anniversary.)
3: Judging from how rarely i see the founder title or the taun-taun pet, most people wouldnt even use it.

Giving everyone 500cc free of charge was the best intermediate.

They could have given us in-game cash, but since alot of people have millions of credits already that woulndt have mattered.
Titles, pets, mounts and other items would have been a failure no matter how you look at it.
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

branmakmuffin
07.06.2013 , 09:52 AM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
Every CC grant for subscribers is exclusive to subscribers. Your contention that this is somehow a unique appreciation gift means you don't understand the definition of unique.
This grant is an extra grant. BWEA is obliged under the terms of the subscription agreement (until such time as the change the agreement) to provide the monthly stipend. They were under no obligation to provide this grant. So this grant is exclusive and unique to subscribers who meet the criteria. If someone subscribes next month, they will not get this grant.

That's their fault for jumping to conclusions, then, isn't it?

Daynna
07.06.2013 , 10:12 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinjar View Post
So by your line of reasoning, if your job gave you a $1000 bonus, you'd complain because anyone can use cash?
If I received a $1000 bonus from my work, I'd run to the bank real fast just to make sure it didn't bounce.

Andryah
07.06.2013 , 10:49 AM | #218
Many people got the impression that we would get something sub exclusive considering its "subscriber" appreciation.
Impressions are not reality. Reality is reality.

And what you just described, and how you did it, is called "projecting". You are projecting your own feelings on "many people". Speak for yourself, not others.

No disrespect... but it is something you do a lot of, so I am not surprised if you do not understand what it means and why it's not the best communications style if you wish your thoughts to respected objectively. You do not need to gather "the many" around you to give weight to your feelings and opinions. Nor do you have to declare things you do not like "a joke" either. It's dilutes what you are wanting to express to others.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Superman_AZ
07.06.2013 , 10:57 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Spoiler

No disrespect... but it is something you do a lot of, so I am not surprised if you do not understand what it means and why it's not the best communications style if you wish your thoughts to respected objectively.
Spoiler
In an earlier post, the OP admits to be a (paraphrased) "15 year old girl who has not experienced other Star Wars related games/books." Not saying age is an issue, but in this case the lack of real world experience is certainly a valid reason to excuse the limited thought behavior.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

CaptCody
07.06.2013 , 10:58 AM | #220
When the Cartel Market was first released for me it set what at the time I thought would be how it worked. What it made me think it would be like was it had fun items (Which it still does) and contains unlocks that subscribers receive gratis. The biggest thing that originally was in the cartel market that at the time, that I stupidly believed would be how the market was handles, Section X.

Section X was a story area complete with an unlock-able companion that subs automatically had access to and while F2P players could gain access, that area made me feel that my subscription was still worth it, when the transition happened. I liked HK-51 and Section X that was a good perk to me for being a subscriber.

Now though it like the rug was pulled out from under me. Sure people can say that I should not have had that expectation, but hey I did. Now we have bonus story content only accessible from the market, or GTN where the seller got it from the market, but to me buying something with credits does not equal an acceptable alternative to see story content. We haven't seen anything like Section X since the cartel market has been released and this is what I feel is creating this unhappiness with subscribers. Sure some will claim they want exclusivity, but over all many of them would be perfectly content getting something that a F2P has the option to buy access to, but a subscriber gets access just from being a subscriber.

Now we have a new companion on the horizon, this is a good think I like story added to the game. Unfortunately it's been presented int he worst way. We have to purchase this little guy? I mean come on, this was a golden opportunity to do some actual subscriber appreciation. If the Ewok was set up like HK-51 and section X, I guarantee
a lot of this subscribers feeling unappreciated talk would stop. Instead you make some mention of subscriber rewards just to give out some cartel coins. People are looking at this the wrong way too, both sides. Have you ever heard the expression "it's the thought that counts" when receiving gifts. This "gift" we received had no thought or even any kind of work placed into it. This makes us feel bad. Do we mean so little that you didn't even want to put any thought into what you gave us even after you teased us with "look forward to a gift of appreciation for being a subscriber", you placed almost no work into what you gave us.

This is just my thoughts. Take it how you want. I aspect many will disagree, but I am not saying it to change any minds. Just wanted to get my opinion out.
B O L I D E
Legacy