Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Inflicktion
07.05.2013 , 01:09 PM | #101
What is everyone complaining about exactly? 500 free coins? Lol? Fair enough as far as I'm concerned, I was expecting some sort of temporary buff or something. I'll gladly take some coins. Very interested to find out what that item for 10 CC will be.

Grayseven
07.05.2013 , 01:13 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
If you think they would've given us anything but fluff, you are completely wrong.
All similar rewards were vanity items/fluff - a tauntaun, a jawa, a mount, a title etc.
What were you expecting? A new warzone just for subscribers? A new planet?

Of course it was going to be fluff and since you already said you don't care about fluff, no matter what that item was it would've been insignificant to you.

Just because you don't consider it a useful gift it doesn't mean that it's not a useful gift for a large number of players.
If it would have been a unique vehicle, pet or article of clothing that couldn't be purchased for CC's it would have meant a lot more than those 500 CC.

Why? Because 500 CC doesn't take any effort at all. Yeah, it's still fluff, but at least there would have been effort behind it. And who knows, it might have actually been something that I'd have a use for.

Heck, a 3 hour buff that doubles my looted credits or Crew Skill rewards would have been better.

I've never said it's not a useful gift. I'll use it. What I've said is that it just doesn't make sense to appreciate subscribers by giving them coins for the CM. Some of us feel the CM is a detriment to the game as a whole and an out and out money grab by EA/BW in a last ditch effort to salvage their hundred million dollar investment. Trying to encourage us to buy more CC isn't appreciated.

Who knows, if the 10 CC, one day reward is subscriber only and something interesting...well, then and only then will I appreciate the other 490 CC that will be left over. Otherwise, I and a few others believe this isn't really a subscriber appreciation.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

Trenter
07.05.2013 , 01:14 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
I simply would rather have something unique to subscribers only.
So you would've been more pleased with a Tauntaun in new colors than the 500cc we got then? A color only available for subs.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

WillHolmes
07.05.2013 , 01:14 PM | #104
The simple solution for a good company would have been A PORTABLE GTN, instead we got coins im not saying its not something but i am kinda dissapointed was hoping for something unique and new.
Jedi Covenant

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
8/8 Imperial AC lvl 55

Ayelinna
07.05.2013 , 01:17 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
It's more valuable than a title or a cosmetic "thingy."

This particular award is. Only subscribers get it.
A title or something cosmetic or something not on the CM has more meaning, because a title actually MEANS something.

Cartel coins is currency, and you can buy them with real money. It is used to buy stuff off the cartel market. So no, its not more valuable, but i guess thats just my opinion.

Ayelinna
07.05.2013 , 01:18 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Trenter View Post
So you would've been more pleased with a Tauntaun in new colors than the 500cc we got then? A color only available for subs.
I would probably be pleased with that because the tauntaun with exclusive colors for subscribers is well...exclusive for subs...which means free players cant obtain it.

evodude
07.05.2013 , 01:22 PM | #107
entitlement and ungratefulness knows no bounds

TheNahash
07.05.2013 , 01:26 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
If it would have been a unique vehicle, pet or article of clothing that couldn't be purchased for CC's it would have meant a lot more than those 500 CC.

Why? Because 500 CC doesn't take any effort at all. Yeah, it's still fluff, but at least there would have been effort behind it. And who knows, it might have actually been something that I'd have a use for.

Heck, a 3 hour buff that doubles my looted credits or Crew Skill rewards would have been better.
Well, I think we both know that neither of these examples would've satisfied you, me or even if they did, they wouldn't satisfy another part of the community.

A unique vehicle would be unique until you logged in and everyone had the same vehicle/pet/armor set you did.
A buff for 3 (or 5 or 10...) hours would really mean absolutely nothing. It would be a one-time thing that you wouldn't be able to keep unlike something you can buy from the cartel market or an unlock in your Legacy.

Special gifts that are specific items that offer players no option to pick and choose what they want, VERY rarely satisfy everyone (and in this community's case, that rarely tends to be "almost never"). And since there are people who don't appreciate fluff (like yourself) a "fluffy" gift really means nothing or at the very least, it amounts to much less than the option to use a currency that you have to pay real money to get, any way you want to.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

branmakmuffin
07.05.2013 , 01:27 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
A title or something cosmetic or something not on the CM has more meaning, because a title actually MEANS something.
Don't mean jack diddly to me.

Quote:
Cartel coins is currency, and you can buy them with real money. It is used to buy stuff off the cartel market. So no, its not more valuable, but i guess thats just my opinion.
Indeed it is just your opinion. I can use the CCs to buy what I actually want rather than being given something I (potentially) don't care about. Seemingly all you care about is being unique.

Skaol-dirtyd
07.05.2013 , 01:30 PM | #110
Well having around 7000cc banked right now I guess that will continue to grow. I have no need for CC's. Don't spend them and really don't want them.

Well I did buy one of the Sith outfits because it was on sale for around 200cc. So I shouldn't say i never spend them, more like rarely

While I will say thanks and take what I can get. I would have preferred something different.
The Best Player Reward Program! That is how it is done right!