Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Coin "In Game Reward"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Coin "In Game Reward"

KiloAlpha
07.05.2013 , 09:12 AM | #1
Hello, I was playing the Athiss Flashpoint today and out of nowhere, the CM icon on the top of my screen displayed the banner indicating that Cartel Coins have been added to my account. I didn't want to hold up the team so I waited until we were finished to check. I had 500 coins added to my account. I went to check my ledger to see how exactly they were added.

It was not a purchase, a monthly grant, or an achievement reward. It was specifically listed as "In Game Reward", and it's the first time I've seen the listed reason.

I'm not complaining, of course, but does anyone know the reason for this?

Also, apologies if this is the wrong spot to ask. First time poster. Thank you for your time.

Grayseven
07.05.2013 , 09:16 AM | #2
500 is the amount you get for subscribing. I've not seen an amount that high rewarded for playing in game, only for sub bonus.

Unless this is the "subscriber appreciation" we've been waiting for...
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

KiloAlpha
07.05.2013 , 09:17 AM | #3
That's what I'm thinking too. I know it's not my subscriber grant because the ledger will display that as: Subscriber Monthly Grant: 500 Cartel Coins

Whereas this was just: In Game Reward

Captain_Ackbar
07.05.2013 , 09:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Hello, I was playing the Athiss Flashpoint today and out of nowhere, the CM icon on the top of my screen displayed the banner indicating that Cartel Coins have been added to my account. I didn't want to hold up the team so I waited until we were finished to check. I had 500 coins added to my account. I went to check my ledger to see how exactly they were added.

It was not a purchase, a monthly grant, or an achievement reward. It was specifically listed as "In Game Reward", and it's the first time I've seen the listed reason.

I'm not complaining, of course, but does anyone know the reason for this?

Also, apologies if this is the wrong spot to ask. First time poster. Thank you for your time.
they started giving out CC for getting achievements.

HitokiriAkins
07.05.2013 , 09:20 AM | #5
This is something that was started when they introduced achievements; they reward you with cartel coins if you get certain achievements. Like the one you got for that flashpoint.
Give me a duel autodecline, please!
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583230

Soluss
07.05.2013 , 09:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Ackbar View Post
they started giving out CC for getting achievements.
Not 500 coins. You only get like 10 or 20 for achievements.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Hugecroissant
07.05.2013 , 09:23 AM | #7
I just got 500 cc as well & I am not even logged into the game. So it cant be for an achievement.

Skodan
07.05.2013 , 09:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hugecroissant View Post
I just got 500 cc as well & I am not even logged into the game. So it cant be for an achievement.
same. i just checked the Cartel Coin log (click on My Account, then Cartel Coins).

07/05/2013 In Game Reward 500

it seems we have our reward, i just find it strange they didnt announce it
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

KiloAlpha
07.05.2013 , 09:27 AM | #9
Woo, awesome. I'm not going crazy here, then.

ikinai
07.05.2013 , 09:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Woo, awesome. I'm not going crazy here, then.
Or are you? Perhaps we can go to the doctors office around the corner here from my office, and we can talk with nice, kind gentleman doctor. He'll be able to asses the situation with some clarity. Don't mind the restraints, it's just for our more 'special' patients.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.