Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fireworks are getting more expensive and worse in quality.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Fireworks are getting more expensive and worse in quality.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Joesixxpack
07.11.2013 , 10:10 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
You need to light them while you're holding them and point them at people... Much more fun
Roman candle fight!

Or the late '80s version: Buy bottle rockets under aged at 7-11, obtain PVC pipes, bazooka battle!

/nostalgia
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
POT5 | HARBINGER

bionamaster
07.12.2013 , 10:24 AM | #22
I have nothing against fireworks. I won't set them off personally, but I will watch them. I do, however, wish my neighbors wouldn't use them. Scares one of my poor dogs half to death.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

theborch
07.12.2013 , 03:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Roman candle fight!

Or the late '80s version: Buy bottle rockets under aged at 7-11, obtain PVC pipes, bazooka battle!

/nostalgia
I did that too. Remember when letting your kids have fun was allowed? Now it would probably be considered child abuse. Young kids today are huge wimps.
The Bastion - The BaconStrips Legacy
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

TheBBP
07.12.2013 , 05:19 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Guess it depends on the person. My fiance worked at Disneyland for several years and he still enjoys going there and seeing the fireworks.
That would be a show worth paying for.

Lordmird
07.12.2013 , 09:30 PM | #25
Who needs fireworks when you can set off plastic explosives.

With bottles of water taped on the front.

With food colouring in the water.

I'll admit it didn't work the way we thought.

"Who dares wins" "By Strength and Guile" "Per Mare, Per Terram" "Utrinque Paratus" Her Majesty's best
Could you do it?

YoshiRaphElan
07.12.2013 , 10:47 PM | #26
We fired a mortar on the 4th. It didn't launch, and the fuse was still running down. It finally shot into the air and detonated–less than five feet off the ground! I hit the dirt, my brother froze and one of the giant "sparks" or whatever you want to call them came within centimeters of his face (!), and my mother and her friend, sitting fifteen, twenty feet away on a bench had to dive for cover.

Then on the 5th, we fired one of those ones that shoot silver fireballs up into the air, and the wind blew it over. The thing was spinning around on the ground, shooting fireballs all over everywhere, and we're lucky a fire wasn't started because one went under a van that leaked fuel! Then the same day, just a few minutes later, the neighbors fired something (don't remember what) that flew over into our yard and started a fire! My dad ran over and stamped it out, but...man it was bad this year!

TheBBP
07.12.2013 , 11:25 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lordmird View Post
Who needs fireworks when you can set off plastic explosives.

With bottles of water taped on the front.

With food colouring in the water.

I'll admit it didn't work the way we thought.

And then you get older, get married and have kids.

Unless of course you are all of that. Then, I have no idea.

Lordmird
07.13.2013 , 12:59 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
And then you get older, get married and have kids.

Unless of course you are all of that. Then, I have no idea.
Not yet
"Who dares wins" "By Strength and Guile" "Per Mare, Per Terram" "Utrinque Paratus" Her Majesty's best
Could you do it?